What's new

Hussaini Brahmins are Hindus but observe Muslim traditions : Uniqueness of Indian culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah those people aren't Jews(even from an ethnic standpoint some of them are sus), they are a bunch of evenangelical protestants trying to proselytize to Jews, mainstream jews seem to really dislike them for their deceptive practices from my conversations with jews on the matter.
All established older sects dislike new breakaway sects. Roman Catholics dislike Protestants. Protestants dislike Mormons. Orthodox Jews dislike Reform Jews. Everybody dislikes Scientology. This is not new. While being on the topic of Messianic Judaism, it is good to remember Jesus and Apostle Paul were Jews.

All established older sects dislike new breakaway sects. Roman Catholics dislike Protestants. Protestants dislike Mormons. Orthodox Jews dislike Reform Jews. Everybody dislikes Scientology. This is not new. While being on the topic of Messianic Judaism, it is good to remember Jesus and Apostle Paul were Jews.

Its also good to remember that many of these "messonic jews" are not jews, many of them not even ethnically. many of these guys were just russians who claimed asylum in the US b/c of US laws that allowed for Soviet Jews to leave the soviet union. These people are Evangelical Christians trying to run a scam, they tend to be disliked by Mainstream Jews for coopting jewish symbols. Its like those Black Isrealites claiming to be Jews.

Jewish theology rejects the idea that the Messiah, or any human being, is a divinity. Belief in the Trinity is considered idolatrous by most rabbinic authorities. Even if considered shituf (literally, "partnership")—an association of other individuals with the God of Israel. It is universally considered idolatrous for Jews. Further, Judaism does not view the role of the Messiah to be the salvation of the world from its sins, an integral teaching of Christianity

Its also good to remember that many of these "messonic jews" are not jews, many of them not even ethnically. many of these guys were just russians who claimed asylum in the US b/c of US laws that allowed for Soviet Jews to leave the soviet union. These people are Evangelical Christians trying to run a scam, they tend to be disliked by Mainstream Jews for coopting jewish symbols. Its like those Black Isrealites claiming to be Jews.

Jewish theology rejects the idea that the Messiah, or any human being, is a divinity. Belief in the Trinity is considered idolatrous by most rabbinic authorities. Even if considered shituf (literally, "partnership")—an association of other individuals with the God of Israel. It is universally considered idolatrous for Jews. Further, Judaism does not view the role of the Messiah to be the salvation of the world from its sins, an integral teaching of Christianity
Per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Christian_movement, these folks seem to be real Jews and the movement predates Soviet Union or Jewish immigration to U.S. I don't sense any scam but a genuine attempt at syncretism. (Some) Jews can be interesting people. I once visited a Buddhist temple in San Diego, California where the priest was Rev. Lee Rosenthal, a Jewish man who was ministering to a congregation of Japanese Americans, other Asian Americans and other Americans. Rev. Rosenthal is not there anymore but they do have Rev. Jon Turner. He is pictured here:
Screen%20Shot%202021-07-27%20at%2011_35_15%20PM.png

The Hebrew Christian movement of the 19th and early 20th centuries consisted of Jews who converted to Christianity, but worshiped in congregations separate from denominational churches. In many cases, they retained some Jewish practices and liturgy, with the addition of readings from the Christian New Testament. The movement was incorporated into the parallel Messianic Jewish movement in the late 1960s.

From the Jewish origins of Christianity through the split of early Christianity and Judaism and development of Christianity in the 1st century, ... Jewish converts sometimes proselytizing to their own people.
Beginning in the 19th century, some groups had attempted to create congregations and societies primarily of Jews who had converted to Christianity. The London Society for promoting Christianity amongst the Jews (currently known as "Church's Ministry Among Jewish People") was formed in 1809 with the motto “Jesus Christ is the Messiah"

The Hebrew Christian Alliance was formed in Britain in 1860.
The Hebrew Christian Alliance of American (HCAA) was founded in 1915, in part to emphasize to fundamentalist Christians that while it used Jewish forms, it was a cooperating evangelistic arm of the evangelical church.
In 1975, the HCAA changed its name to the Messianic Jewish Alliance of America.

Hinduism (that's cow shit by the way )
skynews-india-cow-dung-covid_5377670.jpg

Islam

des-12321406.jpg

Alhomdillah.

I knew it would boil down to this. :lol:

That's just religion for you. It's not like political affiliation.

Here are the choices.

image-asset.png

That is the well known, and thoroughly debunked, Pascal's wager :

But heaven and hell haven't been observed, and are a matter of blind faith. It is unfortunate that some people choose to believe that anybody who isn't born in the right region will be tortured forever in an afterlife, and that they are deserving of it.
Do you feel this concerned about the millions upon millions of Hindus who believe someone should be reincarnated into an untouchable for not living their lives the way Aryan invaders from steppe did?

Have you seen hell. Otherwise it is all conjecture.
Has doing pooja to that idol finally given you that White Aryan wife you've always prayed for?

Do you feel this concerned about the millions upon millions of Hindus who believe someone should be reincarnated into an untouchable for not living their lives the way Aryan invaders from steppe did?
There's plenty of intelligent criticism to be made about Hinduism's beliefs and practices, but this isn't one of them.

The community of Hussaini Brahmins is not well known in the country. They are Hindus but also have faith in Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad. They pay obeisance to the Hindu idols and photographs but also keep the ‘Alam’ – the standard with the emblem of Imam Hussain in the Pooja corner of their houses.

Hussaini Brahmin is a Mohyal Brahmin community in the Punjab region. The Mohyal community comprises seven sub-clans named Bali, Bhimwal, Chhibber, Dutt, Lau, Mohan, and Vaid. Mohyal Brahmin of the Dutt clan had fought on behalf of Imam Hussain in the Battle of Karbala (680 C.E.)
According to legend, Rahab Sidh Dutt was the leader of a small band of career soldiers living near Baghdad around the time of the battle of Karbala. The legend mentions the place where he stayed as Dair-al-Hindiya, meaning “The Indian Quarter”, which matches with Al-Hindiya a place that exists even today.

As consistent with the Hindu tradition, the Moyhal community adopted non-Indic traditions which led to the emergence of a small sub-sect of Hussaini Brahman paying reverence to Islam, most notably to Imam Hussain. As a result, many Hussaini Brahmin observes Muharram every year even to this date.
According to historical records, about 1,400 Brahmins were living in Baghdad capital of Iraq when the Battle of Karbala took place. Few families are still found in parts of Iraq, but most are now settled in Pune, Delhi, Chandigarh, Amritsar, and Jammu in India, Sindh, and Lahore in Pakistan, and Kabul in South Afghanistan.

Until the Partition of India, many Hussaini Brahmins used to live in Lahore. In Ajmer, there is a small group of people who calls themselves Hussaini Brahmins even today. In Bihar, a sect of Bhumihar Brahmins in the Muzzafarpur district also claims ancestry from Hussaini Brahmins.

Hussaini Brahmins are neither ‘orthodox Hindus’ nor orthodox Muslims. They practice a blend of orthodox Vedic and Islamic traditions. A saying in Hindi/Urdu refers to the Hussaini Brahmans as: “Wah Datt Sultan, Hindu ka dharm, Musalman ka Iman, Adha Hindu adha Musalman” (Well Datt Sultan, declaring Hindu Dharma and following Muslim practice, Half Hindu and Half Muslim.

Some prominent personalities of the Hussaini Brahmin community are; actor Sunil Dutt, Urdu writers Kashmiri Lal Zakir, Sabir Dutt, and Nand Kishore Vikram.

The Hussaini Brahmins community follows all the traditions observed by the Shia sect of Muslims during the month of Muharram. They offer salutations in the Azakhan’, the place where Muharram azadari is held. Many are well versed in the technique of reading Marsiya, Nauha and Salaam (elegies lamenting the death of martyrs in the Battle of Karbala).

Most of the Hussaini Brahmins are born in a Saraswat Hindu family. They carry forward the tradition of the belief in Imam Hussain that they have learned from their forefathers. They attend Majlis and recite elegies during the days of mourning in Muharram.

Sunita Jhingran, a renowned classical music singer best known for her thumri, khayal, dadra and ghazal, is a Hussaini Brahmin who says; “God made humans first but we divided ourselves into religions. The blood in the bodies of both the Hindus and the Muslims is red. We must understand that humanity is the greatest of all religions and this is my way of promoting love and respect for all.”

She adds, “For me, religion is a personal affair between God and me and no one has the right to tell me who I am.” She laid stress on the need to understand the meaning of communal harmony to live in India. In this video, she explains the Hussaini Brahmin community that has tenets of both Hinduism and Islam.

D5BARgAUIAI4ixJ

@Raj-Hindustani
I had a univ acquaintance who was a Mohal, but claimed to be Rajput.
He belonged to a well to do family. I wonder if these mohals are the cousins of Muslim mohals of Punjab,Pak.

Please STFU you goddamn inferiority stricken POS liars.

I’m a Shia Syed and there’s no such thing of “Husseini Pagans” fighting at Karbala. It’s another myth passed down by God knows who to separate Shias and Sunnis. I’m 100% positive it’s a pagan plot to divide Muslims based off their sects. No proofs in Shia history (and we keep immaculate records), or the battle at Karbala that bunch of pagans came and assisted.

Not a single Iraqi and Iranian Shia believe this fairy tale. It’s only Indians who spread this bullshit story. Hindus have routinely played divide and rule in between Muslims. They gave special rights to Shia in Kashmir while restricting Sunnis, which naturally made the Sunnis angry. Every anti Islamic movie or book that’s produced by a “Muslim” in India, purposefully has a Shia name to it.

You have MINOs Shias converting to Hinduism and bragging about like that Rizvi guy.

I don’t mind them observing Ashura and Muharram, but dead set against falsehood, which they don’t miss an opportunity to spread.

Nothing mentioned in our history books about their involvement:

These are all myths. There is one bout Guru Nanak in mecca.. it's blasphemous and utterly stupid. And has no historic record nor any evidence, any testimony and this was what? 400 years back.

But if they have faith in Ahl e Bait, best I can do is given them respect, even if they believe a made up story of fighting in Karbala and whatnot.

• Wow
Reactions: AA_
These are all myths. There is one bout Guru Nanak in mecca.. it's blasphemous and utterly stupid. And has no historic record nor any evidence, any testimony and this was what? 400 years back.

But if they have faith in Ahl e Bait, best I can do is given them respect, even if they believe a made up story of fighting in Karbala and whatnot.
I hear you and support what you’re saying. I can’t let these guys spread bullshit even it means building bridges. Islam came to destroy falsehood. Ill be damned if I let the likes of them devalue my faith and history.

There's plenty of intelligent criticism to be made about Hinduism's beliefs and practices, but this isn't one of them.
LOL nice non-answer
Incredible how Hindus spend their entire existence fretting about a Muslims personal beliefs and views on idol worship but no concern for the tens of millions among them who will lynch a Dalit for getting too uppity by sporting a moustache or riding a horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom