What's new

Hussaini Brahmins are Hindus but observe Muslim traditions : Uniqueness of Indian culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, you finally vented.

Now,
What part of @Areesh 's statement was hard to understand?

None, he was perfectly clear - people who do not belong to the club will be tortured forever.

What part of @Areesh 's statement was hard to understand?
That's just what our Book says and we believe in what our Book says.
I know, which is why I asked his personal opinion. Does he ( or YOU) believe that all Vietnamese and Brazilian and Chinese and Swedes deserve to be tortured for not belonging to your club? I know you believe that they will be, but my question is whether you think they ought to be. It is your own personal opinion that I am asking, so don't tell me that it doesn't matter and what matters is what your religion teaches you.

Have you seen your brain? Otherwise that is fantasy too.
I have seen my brain, and it is real. But belief in other worlds, is pure fantasy. I am not targeting Islam, but all organised religions.

It's not for us to decide what happens to unbelievers. I don't know the philosophy behind Hindusim so that may be news to you but that's not how religion works.

In Islam, you only get born once. Life is a test. There are rules. Do's and dont's. In our eyes, not all the don'ts may necessarily be bad, nor all the do's good. But, that's what test is.
The above two lines are summary of Islam. That may help explain a Muslim's intransigence.

Do we wish for eternal torture on unbelievers? No. Do our wishes matter? No.
We are just out here looking to save our own a*s. Most of the time, we lose sight of that, but that is the end goal of everyone.

Congratulations, you are more moral, decent and honorable than what your book teaches you. I can see (As evidenced from your subsequent post) that you do not believe in your heart that the rest of us 7 billion people ought to be tortured for eternity. But you are bound to believe what the religion you were born into teaches you, unless you have the courage of conviction to rise above that.

Have you seen your brain? Otherwise that is fantasy too.
That is a ridiculous comparison because we have seen human and other animals' brains - plenty of them. It is not a stretch of imagination to believe that that poster has one as well. But nobody has seen a hell where unbelievers are sadistically tortued forever and forever by the most merciful god.

Maybe, as black and white as it seems, our knowledge of the Day of Judgement is incomplete. Because when you think about it, why would a Just, Merciful Allah subject people to such torment. I know no human would. No even a stranger. And yet, he loves his creation 70 times more than a mother loves her child. So, there's some missing piece of the puzzle.

In short, this is the knowledge we have so far. Should we be in their face about it? No.

To each their own. I am not in favor of imposing my religion onto anyone not preventing anyone from leaving Islam (if they had such weak beliefs in the first place to think about leaving, it won't make a difference). I think that's acceptable for all but the most militant atheists.

BTW, Carlin was also a climate change denier. So, I don't really put him on a pedestal like most people.

Congratulations, you are more moral, decent and honorable than what your book teaches you. I can see (As evidenced from your subsequent post) that you do not believe in your heart that the rest of us 7 billion people ought to be tortured for eternity. But you are bound to believe what the religion you were born into teaches you, unless you have the courage of conviction to rise above that.
I am not doing anyone any favors. I'd like for others what I like for myself.
And it's not just me. Noone wants something that bad to happen to anyone else. But noone has control over it.

It's just how religion works. It's not for us to disagree with what we believe to be the unaltered word of God. Maybe if it was exegetes who said it, then yes. But then again, there's nothing to rise above. It's not like we change it.

It's unquestioned belief. Like if you jump from a building, you know what gravity will do. Can't change it.

Last edited:
I know, which is why I asked his personal opinion. Does he ( or YOU) believe that all Vietnamese and Brazilian and Chinese and Swedes deserve to be tortured for not belonging to your club? I know you believe that they will be, but my question is whether you think they ought to be. It is your own personal opinion that I am asking, so don't tell me that it doesn't matter and what matters is what your religion teaches you.
Here the thing about that.
Like I said in the original post. Not everything that's forbidden may seem bad and not everything that's ordained may seem good.
But, at the heart of it, there's two concepts.
1) If something doesn't fit our moral compass, like eternal punishment, then God knows better. Our intellect isn't capable of understanding.
2) If something doesn't make sense logically, like why is having a sexual relations forbidden if you are truly in love with someone as opposed to having a bad marriage. Then the answer is that "It's a test". It may not be bad, but since it's forbidden to us and life is a test to see whether we pass or fail, we shall avoid it. The most simplest example is mankind's origin story according to Abrahamic religions. That of Adam A.S. and the apple

That's how religious people reconcile uncomfortable questions. Again, nothing we can do about it. Just talking about how we form our opinion of things.

So, to answer your question, niether me nor Areesh believe Brazilians, Vietnamese or Chinese (except those that ate bats and spread covid :lol: ) deserve that harsh a punishment. Similarly, I sometimes think a girlfriend wouldn't have been a bad idea. (can't speak for @Areesh ) :lol:
But, then again, it's a test.

Lot of these are cultural remains of various narratives and preaching efforts that either were left halfway or were rolled back.
Plenty of them exist in Pakistan too except they are ignored thinking it actually is religious practice.

Ive seen processions of people carrying styrofoam models of Mecca and Medina going on GT road.. and the a strong gust came and suddenly Mecca was airborne and the procession leaders went chasing after it.:p:

BTW, Carlin was also a climate change denier. So, I don't really put him on a pedestal like most people.
And you shouldn't. Nobody should be put on a pedestal or considered infallible. Only religions and cults believe that their leader is above criticism, and always right. Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, taught his followers to question everything and everyone, including himself.
It's unquestioned belief. Like if you jump from a building, you know what gravity will do. Can't change it.
But gravity is not unquestioned belief - it is borne out of experience. Humans, our pre-human ancestors, and even non human animals know what will happen if you jump from a building, because we have actually observed everything fall to the ground. It is observable, and has been observed since there was life intelligent enough to observe anything.

But heaven and hell haven't been observed, and are a matter of blind faith. It is unfortunate that some people choose to believe that anybody who isn't born in the right region will be tortured forever in an afterlife, and that they are deserving of it.

So, to answer your question, niether me nor Areesh believe Brazilians, Vietnamese or Chinese (except those that ate bats and spread covid :lol: ) deserve that harsh a punishment.:lol:
But, then again, it's a test.
I think @Areesh made it clear that he believes that non muslims deserve that punishment.

And you shouldn't. Nobody should be put on a pedestal or considered infallible. Only religions and cults believe that their leader is above criticism, and always right. Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, taught his followers to question everything and everyone, including himself.

But gravity is not unquestioned belief - it is borne out of experience. Humans, our pre-human ancestors, and even non human animals know what will happen if you jump from a building, because we have actually observed everything fall to the ground. It is observable, and has been observed since there was life intelligent enough to observe anything.

But heaven and hell haven't been observed, and are a matter of blind faith. It is unfortunate that some people choose to believe that anybody who isn't born in the right region will be tortured forever in an afterlife, and that they are deserving of it.
There's people who deny the earth is round. On the other hand, there's people will believe whatever came out of Stephen Hawking's mouth, unquestionably, not because they've verified it, but because they believe he won't lie.

So, it's not about what's in the realm of observation.

I merely meant to refer to unquestionable belief. Whether resulting from biased or unbaised observation, or from blind faith.

There's people who deny the earth is round. On the other hand, there's people will believe whatever came out of Stephen Hawking's mouth, unquestionably, not because they've verified it, but because they believe he won't lie.

So, it's not about what's in the realm of observation.

I merely meant to refer to unquestionable belief. Whether resulting from biased or unbaised observation, or from blind faith.
Why should any belief be unquestionable?

Why should any belief be unquestionable?
I knew it would boil down to this. :lol:

That's just religion for you. It's not like political affiliation.

Here are the choices.

image-asset.png

Reactions: SQ8
There is a similar syncretic religion called Messianic Judaism that combines Judaism and Christianity. They are Jews who consider Jesus as the Messiah.

Yeah those people aren't Jews(even from an ethnic standpoint some of them are sus), they are a bunch of evenangelical protestants trying to proselytize to Jews, mainstream jews seem to really dislike them for their deceptive practices from my conversations with jews on the matter.

Lot of these are cultural remains of various narratives and preaching efforts that either were left halfway or were rolled back.
Plenty of them exist in Pakistan too except they are ignored thinking it actually is religious practice.

Ive seen processions of people carrying styrofoam models of Mecca and Medina going on GT road.. and the a strong gust came and suddenly Mecca was airborne and the procession leaders went chasing after it.:p:
Nostalgia 😁 I believe it's a Eid mulad un nabi tradition
I don't remember Styrofoam models
But my grandmother used to take me on this walk throughout the neighborhood where kids made these clay models of mecca, Madina, depicting scenes of prophet's life and elders would give the neighborhood kids money, gifts, Candy as reward for all thier hard work
2:37
Although IDK if It's a thing all-over Pakistan, I am not too sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom