What's new

Hussaini Brahmins are Hindus but observe Muslim traditions : Uniqueness of Indian culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove this with Quran and Hadith
He can’t. This dude wants to give up lands in exchange for economic development and he’s Kashmiri allegedly.

He can’t. This dude wants to give up lands in exchange for economic development and he’s Kashmiri allegedly.
Can you shut the **** up for two seconds. I've already spoken about this

• Haha
Reactions: AA_
They are kattar mushrikin, and found affinity with Shi'ite theology. I wonder what it was
It’s divide and rule.

Respectfully, don’t speak about Islam or Muslims if you’re not a Muslim.
You don’t get an opinion on this if you are neither a Muslim nor the other group involved. So statements such as the one you made⬇️ are of no value because a third party shouldn’t interfere in this issue. It’s about Muslims vs a fitna kaffir group.
You can promote them and do whatever you want with them. But don’t say “we” should promote them and don’t speak about Islam.
Good point. These atheist secular agnostic ones are the worst. Like wishy washy when it comes to religion. Others have told me to let it be, I correct them because it’s my deen and I don’t want to lessen the sacrifices made by the Prophet Grandson (as) by adding falseness to it.

Sunni Shia divide is a thousand year old dispute. In Pakistan, the sunni extremist got a boost during the tenure of military dictator Zia ul Haq
It’s true Haq made things worse, but Shias and Sunnis where they lived together have always intermarried and gotten along, as in my family.

Last edited:
Yes, and that's where the line cannot be drawn. Everything is up to Allah when it comes to the non-believers, and it should be left at that.
And believers too. All will be judged by the same criteria, the biggest criteria being Imaan. We

I don't think we can even say that

But it feels wrong to say that all non-believers, regardless of being good people or not, are doomed to hell.
It does feel that way. But, we are in no position to do anything about it. Like everyone else, I have foes in real life. I may try to get back at them or have revenge in this world. But, I make a point of forgiving everyone just so Allah may soften the heart of those who I have wronged. because the very thought of that punishment, is the most unsettling thing ever.

I'm pretty sure that the basic lines for belief lies in Belief in one god and tawhid. Each person has the responsibility to look for the truth themselves.
Maybe, as black and white as it seems, our knowledge of the Day of Judgement is incomplete. Because when you think about it, why would a Just, Merciful Allah subject people to such torment. I know no human would. No even a stranger. And yet, he loves his creation 70 times more than a mother loves her child. So, there's some missing piece of the puzzle.

In short, this is the knowledge we have so far. Should we be in their face about it? No.

hinting to Jango and AgNoStiC MuSliM aaj kal jab koi asli Imams ki insult karta hai to tumharai kaan par joon bhi nahin reengti magar jab naqli imam ka mamla ho to murnai maarnai pe tayar ho aur matam karnai lagtai ho

Last edited:
And believers too. All will be judged by the same criteria, the biggest criteria being Imaan. We

It does feel that way. But, we are in no position to do anything about it. Like everyone else, I have foes in real life. I may try to get back at them or have revenge in this world. But, I make a point of forgiving everyone just so Allah may soften the heart of those who I have wronged. because the very thought of that punishment, is the most unsettling thing ever.
Absolutely. Forgiveness and mercy are the biggest tools we have in this world to help others.
Maybe, as black and white as it seems, our knowledge of the Day of Judgement is incomplete. Because when you think about it, why would a Just, Merciful Allah subject people to such torment. I know no human would. No even a stranger. And yet, he loves his creation 70 times more than a mother loves her child. So, there's some missing piece of the puzzle.
Yes, I've definitely felt that there is more in store for judgement day than people realise. I do hope that Allah's forgiveness rains down upon us that day.

hinting to Jango and AgNoStiC MuSliM aaj kal jab koi asli Imams ki insult karta hai to tumharai kaan par joon bhi nahin reengti magar jab naqli imam ka mamla ho to marnai marnai pe tayar ho aur matam karnai lagtai ho

The thread was expected. There is a rise in sectarian target killings in the country.

Last edited:
The community of Hussaini Brahmins is not well known in the country. They are Hindus but also have faith in Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad. They pay obeisance to the Hindu idols and photographs but also keep the ‘Alam’ – the standard with the emblem of Imam Hussain in the Pooja corner of their houses.

Hussaini Brahmin is a Mohyal Brahmin community in the Punjab region. The Mohyal community comprises seven sub-clans named Bali, Bhimwal, Chhibber, Dutt, Lau, Mohan, and Vaid. Mohyal Brahmin of the Dutt clan had fought on behalf of Imam Hussain in the Battle of Karbala (680 C.E.)
According to legend, Rahab Sidh Dutt was the leader of a small band of career soldiers living near Baghdad around the time of the battle of Karbala. The legend mentions the place where he stayed as Dair-al-Hindiya, meaning “The Indian Quarter”, which matches with Al-Hindiya a place that exists even today.

As consistent with the Hindu tradition, the Moyhal community adopted non-Indic traditions which led to the emergence of a small sub-sect of Hussaini Brahman paying reverence to Islam, most notably to Imam Hussain. As a result, many Hussaini Brahmin observes Muharram every year even to this date.
According to historical records, about 1,400 Brahmins were living in Baghdad capital of Iraq when the Battle of Karbala took place. Few families are still found in parts of Iraq, but most are now settled in Pune, Delhi, Chandigarh, Amritsar, and Jammu in India, Sindh, and Lahore in Pakistan, and Kabul in South Afghanistan.

Until the Partition of India, many Hussaini Brahmins used to live in Lahore. In Ajmer, there is a small group of people who calls themselves Hussaini Brahmins even today. In Bihar, a sect of Bhumihar Brahmins in the Muzzafarpur district also claims ancestry from Hussaini Brahmins.

Hussaini Brahmins are neither ‘orthodox Hindus’ nor orthodox Muslims. They practice a blend of orthodox Vedic and Islamic traditions. A saying in Hindi/Urdu refers to the Hussaini Brahmans as: “Wah Datt Sultan, Hindu ka dharm, Musalman ka Iman, Adha Hindu adha Musalman” (Well Datt Sultan, declaring Hindu Dharma and following Muslim practice, Half Hindu and Half Muslim.

Some prominent personalities of the Hussaini Brahmin community are; actor Sunil Dutt, Urdu writers Kashmiri Lal Zakir, Sabir Dutt, and Nand Kishore Vikram.

The Hussaini Brahmins community follows all the traditions observed by the Shia sect of Muslims during the month of Muharram. They offer salutations in the Azakhan’, the place where Muharram azadari is held. Many are well versed in the technique of reading Marsiya, Nauha and Salaam (elegies lamenting the death of martyrs in the Battle of Karbala).

Most of the Hussaini Brahmins are born in a Saraswat Hindu family. They carry forward the tradition of the belief in Imam Hussain that they have learned from their forefathers. They attend Majlis and recite elegies during the days of mourning in Muharram.

Sunita Jhingran, a renowned classical music singer best known for her thumri, khayal, dadra and ghazal, is a Hussaini Brahmin who says; “God made humans first but we divided ourselves into religions. The blood in the bodies of both the Hindus and the Muslims is red. We must understand that humanity is the greatest of all religions and this is my way of promoting love and respect for all.”

She adds, “For me, religion is a personal affair between God and me and no one has the right to tell me who I am.” She laid stress on the need to understand the meaning of communal harmony to live in India. In this video, she explains the Hussaini Brahmin community that has tenets of both Hinduism and Islam.

D5BARgAUIAI4ixJ

@Raj-Hindustani

You pagan Idol worshippers have nothing to do with Islam.

Stop making up propaganda stories.

@Sayfullah I thought you would know about this at least
Yes you’re correct Allah judges based on if the person knew about Islam and how much the message of Islam reached him.

Reactions: AA_
You have no idea how I feel about this. I confronted a right wing Hindu nationalist on Twitter for spreading this story and she went mum. She was clearly trying to divide Sunnis and Shias with this. There were Indians with Muslim names telling me “what does it matter if it’s not true. It brings people together.” I’m not against people coming together and mourning the prophets pbuh beloved grandson, but these Indians openly curse the Quran and mock our religion. They have an agenda clearly. I refused to minimize the sacrifices of Imam Hussain (as) by adding inaccurate account during battle of Karbala. There were Christians there, but no other religion on the side of the Imam.

I’m gonna tag a few notable Shias on this forum to get their input. I haven’t heard a single Iranian or Iraqi source confirming this. The Arabs invasion into South Asia came years later after Karbala. There was limited interactions between the two regions - mostly consists of Parsis fleeing eastwards to escape the Islamic invasions of Persia.

I’m tagging a few members who I think are Shias to get their input. Guys, if you have some input on this, please add.

@SalarHaqq @Big Tank @mohsen @Muhammed45 @Mohsin A

No Brahmin forces fought alongside Imam Hussain in Karbala neither they were summoned by the Imam A.S for assistance. It was purely fought by Imam, his tiny band of loyalists from Banu Hashim, sadly his own clan decided not to accompany him, and fighters from other clans numbering to 110 at peak (also included 7-10 who joined from the Army of Yazid Malaoon including Hur A.S.

However, there was a group of Brahmins who had aqeedat with Imam Hussain A.S in Sindh, when Imam Ali had sent his Army which conquered some land and preached Islam. So a small group of Brahmins did visit Karbala afterwards when they came to know about the massacre, their leader decided to stay there and be buried. You will find his grave in the city today.

No Brahmin forces fought alongside Imam Hussain in Karbala neither they were summoned by the Imam A.S for assistance. It was purely fought by Imam, his tiny band of loyalists from Banu Hashim, sadly his own clan decided not to accompany him, and fighters from other clans numbering to 110 at peak (also included 7-10 who joined from the Army of Yazid Malaoon including Hur A.S.

However, there was a group of Brahmins who had aqeedat with Imam Hussain A.S in Sindh, when Imam Ali had sent his Army which conquered some land and preached Islam. So a small group of Brahmins did visit Karbala afterwards when they came to know about the massacre, their leader decided to stay there and be buried. You will find his grave in the city today.
Thank you for adding clarity to this. I didn’t know about the buried Brahmins, but the other parts I knew were falsify history.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom