What's new

Where can I get a manji or charpai in the US??

RazPaK

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Basically I hate matresses and beds. The sleep you get on a charpai is superior and I like it better. The question is where can I get my hands on one in the US?

manji.jpg

Well it depends.. which city are you in?

Hm, it will be tough, do you know a lot of other desi around your city? Might wanna ask around.. also you can try ebay etc.

i tried to find solution using google and bing.. but all i get is a type of dog lol.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also try this..

Where to buy a khatiya/charpai/khatlo? - eCharcha.Com

after some reading i found out its not to difficult to make one. Good Luck! ^^"

lo ji, yeah din dekhna ped raha hai bhai ab to

saath main bacha bhi chahye charpaye ke saath(like in pix)??

Reminds me of an old time Punjabi movie dialogue ( can't remember if it was Rangeela or Zareef ). Does anyone remember ?

MANJI KITHAY DAVEIANA ?

You can bring the material with you and can make it in newyork. Its easy to make :P

I also miss it :(

399112_2673829456988_1593741264_2453404_791518641_n.jpg

Lol.....

Anyway, why don't you ask some furniture seller in Pakistan? They can usually ship your charpai/manji to USA. Should be cheap but take maybe 3-4 weeks for delivery time.

Or you can ask your relatives/friends in Pakistan to buy an un-assembled one and send it via DHL/FedEx as they usually have provisions for bigger shipments.

haha, this is why when i go back to Pak.. I never sleep on regular bed.. "Ami charpai legkalo" Enjoy them while you can :lazy:

Put some sheets on a charpai, toh mazaa bhi kuch aur hota hain. If I was that rich, I would have imported one already by I am only a student. And dude that **** is not that easy to make. Maybe I'm dumb or lack talent, but I could never weave the ropes/raasi.

Put some sheets on a charpai, toh mazaa bhi kuch aur hota hain. If I was that rich, I would have imported one already by I am only a student. And dude that **** is not that easy to make. Maybe I'm dumb or lack talent, but I could never weave the ropes/raasi.

Your best bet is sites like ebay and maybe talking to other desi students at school then =P

Back
Top Bottom