What's new

Whatever

This elephant was suffering day and night in Pakistan. Now look at him

Its because the people we induct in our institutions based on ethnicities or political influences. Merit has no/limited role. People inducted/appointed for partucular roles simply dont know what are job responsibilities.
Btw, Karachi Walas has a big share in getting this animal out of his suffering. Alhamdolillah. Jis terha ham nain is janwer ki madad ki, Allah hamari bhi madad usi terha fermaey...
Poor thing, happy he's now living a better life.

Also surprised, I didn't know elephants are not native to Pakistan.

Kaavan was born in Sri Lanka in 1985 and was kept at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. The Sri Lankan government gifted him to then-President of Pakistan, Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, when Kaavan was one year old.[6] The elephant was kept at the Islamabad Zoo and remained as the only Asian elephant living in Pakistan.[2][7] An elephant named Saheli was brought from Bangladesh in 1990 as Kaavan's partner until her death in 2012.

Reminded me of that Afghan lion who was not so lucky.

such a shame, nature/animals ki kadr karni chahiye, spl these magnificent beasts.

Arab sheikhs ki Houbra Bussard hunting bhi band kara do to sahi rahega..

In Pakistan, too, the Supreme Court imposed a ban on hunting the houbara bustard in 2015. Challenging the ban, the government argued that wealthy Arabs brought prosperity to underdeveloped areas surrounding the hunting fields and the ban would have a negative impact on Pakistan's relations with Middle East countries.

wtf

Poor thing, happy he's now living a better life.

Also surprised, I didn't know elephants are not native to Pakistan.

Kaavan was born in Sri Lanka in 1985 and was kept at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. The Sri Lankan government gifted him to then-President of Pakistan, Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, when Kaavan was one year old.[6] The elephant was kept at the Islamabad Zoo and remained as the only Asian elephant living in Pakistan.[2][7] An elephant named Saheli was brought from Bangladesh in 1990 as Kaavan's partner until her death in 2012.

Reminded me of that Afghan lion who was not so lucky.

such a shame, nature/animals ki kadr karni chahiye, spl these magnificent beasts.

Arab sheikhs ki Houbra Bussard hunting bhi band kara do to sahi rahega..

In Pakistan, too, the Supreme Court imposed a ban on hunting the houbara bustard in 2015. Challenging the ban, the government argued that wealthy Arabs brought prosperity to underdeveloped areas surrounding the hunting fields and the ban would have a negative impact on Pakistan's relations with Middle East countries.

wtf
If some country is great, there must be a reason why it is, and when its not, there should be reason too.

If some country is great, there must be a reason why it is, and when its not, there should be reason too.
True, also, not that India, for all it's cow reverence, vegetarianism etc does too much better with how we treat our animals. Sadkon pe dekho haal in most major cities, animals rummaging in garbage dumps.. monsoons me when rivers swell, sorrounding villagers just let them lose in the cities which lead to road kills, messy areas and all sorts of other issues.

Positives bhi hain but, there's a LOT of NGOs and other orgs working on wildlife and semi wid-life ki dekh baali me. Salman Khan ji ko tak jail ho gai thi for his black buck hunting, poaching ka case laga gya tha.

not a false flagger.

about the curry thing. what is your definition of curry. is it like in the Western counties where every salan/handi/dish is curry. or like me is it only the haandi that has lassi as the main ingredient?

oh BTW all indians I come accross say all salan is करी which can only be true in ghalt ul aam as spread by takeaways and stupid restaurateurs
Curry is just a desi gravy like for me. butter chicken, mutton qorma are both curries.

Salan, like the mirchi ka saalan (only one I know), a nice side to a biriyani, also goes well with just plain rice + kebab/tikkas.

Maybe those Indians meant salan reminds them of karhi chawal or something ?

That's a very depressing thread, didn't want to off-topic there.

1665539924413.png

1665539941174.png

1665539955410.png

Curry is just a desi gravy like for me. butter chicken, mutton qorma are both curries.

Salan, like the mirchi ka saalan (only one I know), a nice side to a biriyani, also goes well with just plain rice + kebab/tikkas.

Maybe those Indians meant salan reminds them of karhi chawal or something ?

That's a very depressing thread, didn't want to off-topic there.
I think it might be a language problem. meaning that you and I have different words for things.

Salan is like a chutney to you?

the below mentioned are salan for me
daal
sabzi
ghosht
curry
etc.
anything that you can dip roti in is salan.

genuine curry is anything that has yoghurt lassi as the main ingredient (inc. lassi wala saag and even korma if it has a large amount of yoghurt added).

I think it might be a language problem. meaning that you and I have different words for things.

Salan is like a chutney to you?

the below mentioned are salan for me
daal
sabzi
ghosht
curry
etc.
anything that you can dip roti in is salan.

genuine curry is anything that has yoghurt lassi as the main ingredient (inc. lassi wala saag and even korma if it has a large amount of yoghurt added).
Yeah, there might be a slight language glitch in how we address these. A mirchi ka salan is deffo not like a chutney/dip but one to proper mix in your rice/biriyani.

A daal is just daal, sabzi can or can not be curry/gravy based, a ghosht may or may not be a curry based.

You're probably right though, just that here (at least to my knowledge) the only thing we have is a mirchi ka salan.

Yeah, there might be a slight language glitch in how we address these. A mirchi ka salan is deffo not like a chutney/dip but one to proper mix in your rice/biriyani.

A daal is just daal, sabzi can or can not be curry/gravy based, a ghosht may or may not be a curry based.

You're probably right though, just that here (at least to my knowledge) the only thing we have is a
mirchi ka salan.

our poor people have it. it is known as chhit.

our poor people have it. it is known as chhit.
Nice, never seen/had that before. The really thin stuff

damnit, bhook lag gai and all I have is peanut butter, salami and bread.. good few hours before stuff is open and running here too.

Generally, in Pakistan, any cooked salty dish, to be consumed with rice or roti, is called "Saalan". This word is derived from "loon" (word for salt in Punjabi). "Moonh saloona kerna" is a Punjabi idiom, for taking something salty, after eating some sweet dish.

Allegorically or metaphorically, word "saloni" is also used for what is called "namkeen" beauty in Urdu/Hindi. As in song "Sanwali saloni teri jheel si aankhen".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom