What's new

Whatever

103378567_1737922016364732_2568266335779209830_n.jpg

@jamahir I watched Monsoon wedding yesterday.
North Indian and Pakistani culture are such similar cultures. Kulbushan Kharbanda and Naseeruddin Shah ko dekh ke mujhe apne uncles ki yaad agayi.

Ittefaq ki baat hai yeh wala jo gaana hai na Bally Sagoo ka, we danced to this on my sister's wedding in 2009 too.

@jamahir I watched Monsoon wedding yesterday.

A good enough film. Not a deep one like 'Rocket Singh : Salesman Of The Year' but good enough.

North Indian and Pakistani culture are such similar cultures. Kulbushan Kharbanda and Naseeruddin Shah ko dekh ke mujhe apne uncles ki yaad agayi.

Heh heh.

Though Naseer has more a Parsi bawa look.

Ittefaq ki baat hai yeh wala jo gaana hai na Bally Sagoo ka, we danced to this on my sister's wedding in 2009 too.

Bally Sagoo is a 90s sensation. He's still popular in Pakistan, at least in 2009 ?

I will listen to the song later ( Don't have headphones :( ). There is another nice, actually fantastic song in that film - Ajj Mera Jee Karda.

And the green-eyed Vasundhara Das as Aditi is lovely.

Bally Sagoo is a 90s sensation. He's still popular in Pakistan, at least in 2009 ?

There are a few classics that you blare in every wedding na. Plus my sister grew up in the 90s so usne apni shadi ki playlist pe 90s gaane rakhwaye huay thay. Daler Mehndi ka 'Saade dil te churiyan chalaiya' aur Sukhbir ka 'Sauda Khara Khara'

Also Das is a Bengali surname is it not?

Also Das is a Bengali surname is it not?

Yes, like the Bengali delicacies chain K.C.Das, but also the Tamil Brahmins in the South have it too. She is one.

And there is the variation 'Doss' - a Tamil surname - as well.

By the way, you mentioned Naseeruddin Shah. Quite a few people have said that I look like him. I saw a photo of his in his autobiography and thought that sometimes I did look like him. A security guard in a company I worked in some years ago told me that I even sound like Naseer though in all honesty my Urdu does not have his finesse. And some people in that company called me Shah bhai. :D

Last edited:
Yes, like the Bengali delicacies chain K.C.Das, but also the Tamil Brahmins in the South have it too. She is one.

And there is the variation 'Doss' - a Tamil surname - as well.

By the way, you mentioned Naseeruddin Shah. Quite a few people have said that I look like him. I saw a photo of his in his autobiography and thought that sometimes I did look like him. A security guard in a company I worked in some years ago told me that I even sound like Naseer though in all honesty my Urdu does not have his finesse. And some people in that company called me Shah bhai. :D

Naseer sahab was quite handsome in his younger days. Urdu mein kehte na mardaana wajahat.

Back
Top Bottom