What's new

Whatever

So mobile version of defence. Pk updated a day ago..
And
The read threads dont grey out.. Anyone has an idea whats wrong??

These are all authentic hadith. That is if you believe hadith to begin with.

No, they are not.

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah promised us that we would invade India. If I live to see that, I will sacrifice myself and my wealth. If I am killed, I will be one of the best of the martyrs, and if I come back, I will be Abu Hurairah Al-Muharrar." [1] [1] Al-Muharrar: The one freed (from the Fire).

أَخْبَرَنِي أَحْمَدُ بْنُ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ حَكِيمٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا زَكَرِيَّا بْنُ عَدِيٍّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عَمْرٍو، عَنْ زَيْدِ بْنِ أَبِي أُنَيْسَةَ، عَنْ سَيَّارٍ، ح قَالَ وَأَنْبَأَنَا هُشَيْمٌ، عَنْ سَيَّارٍ، عَنْ جَبْرِ بْنِ عَبِيدَةَ، - وَقَالَ عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ عَنْ جُبَيْرٍ، - عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ وَعَدَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم غَزْوَةَ الْهِنْدِ فَإِنْ أَدْرَكْتُهَا أُنْفِقْ فِيهَا نَفْسِي وَمَالِي فَإِنْ أُقْتَلْ كُنْتُ مِنْ أَفْضَلِ الشُّهَدَاءِ وَإِنْ أَرْجِعْ فَأَنَا أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ الْمُحَرَّرُ ‏.‏

Grade : Da'if (Darussalam)

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3173
In-book reference : Book 25, Hadith 89
English translation : Vol. 1, Book 25, Hadith 3175

https://sunnah.com/nasai/25/89

No Ghazwa e Hind Hadith has been graded "Sahih", Of the four Ahadith mentioned in Nasai, three are graded Dhaeef and one has been graded Hassan

No, they are not.

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah promised us that we would invade India. If I live to see that, I will sacrifice myself and my wealth. If I am killed, I will be one of the best of the martyrs, and if I come back, I will be Abu Hurairah Al-Muharrar." [1] [1] Al-Muharrar: The one freed (from the Fire).

أَخْبَرَنِي أَحْمَدُ بْنُ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ حَكِيمٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا زَكَرِيَّا بْنُ عَدِيٍّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عَمْرٍو، عَنْ زَيْدِ بْنِ أَبِي أُنَيْسَةَ، عَنْ سَيَّارٍ، ح قَالَ وَأَنْبَأَنَا هُشَيْمٌ، عَنْ سَيَّارٍ، عَنْ جَبْرِ بْنِ عَبِيدَةَ، - وَقَالَ عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ عَنْ جُبَيْرٍ، - عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ وَعَدَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم غَزْوَةَ الْهِنْدِ فَإِنْ أَدْرَكْتُهَا أُنْفِقْ فِيهَا نَفْسِي وَمَالِي فَإِنْ أُقْتَلْ كُنْتُ مِنْ أَفْضَلِ الشُّهَدَاءِ وَإِنْ أَرْجِعْ فَأَنَا أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ الْمُحَرَّرُ ‏.‏

Grade : Da'if (Darussalam)

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3173
In-book reference : Book 25, Hadith 89
English translation : Vol. 1, Book 25, Hadith 3175

https://sunnah.com/nasai/25/89

No Ghazwa e Hind Hadith has been graded "Sahih", Of the four Ahadith mentioned in Nasai, three are graded Dhaeef and one has been graded Hassan

Different groups grade hadith differently. Darussalam is in KSA, and usually follow Wahhabism.

Will post some more later in that thread when I get some time, in sha Allah.

Different groups grade hadith differently. Darussalam is in KSA, and usually follow Wahhabism.

Will post some more later in that thread when I get some time, in sha Allah.

That thread has already been deleted.
And please do let us know which Sunni groups (if any) have graded these Ahadith as Sahih
There, however, are a lot of scholars from India who reject this Hadith/interpretation, some rejecting it outright as a Umayyad fabrication.

That thread has already been deleted.
And please do us know which Sunni groups (if any) have graded these Ahadith as Sahih
There, however, are a lot of scholars from India who reject this Hadith/interpretation, some rejecting it outright as a Umayyad fabrication.

Will get back to you soon with references, in sha Allah.

Deobandis in general accept those hadith to be authentic, and it supports a lot of the political religious activism in Pakistan and to a lesser extent Afghanistan.

Not only that, but if you look in the Pakistan army and our civil system, you will find many fervent believers of Ghazwa e Hind.

It permeates our society at all levels, and is another pillar on which Pakistan stands up as a bastion of Islam.

Deobandis in general accept those hadith to be authentic, and it supports a lot of the political religious activism in Pakistan and to a lesser extent Afghanistan.

Not only that, but if you look in the Pakistan army and our civil system, you will find many fervent believers of Ghazwa e Hind.

It permeates our society at all levels, and is another pillar on which Pakistan stands up as a bastion of Islam.

Yes, I am well aware of the fact that this Hadith has strong political undertones associated with it in Contemporary Pakistan (and Afghanistan) and that's the main reason it's propagated as 'authentic hadith' by many without carrying out background checks on its authenticity (or the lack thereof)

Yes, I am well aware of the fact that this Hadith has strong political undertones associated with it in Contemporary Pakistan (and Afghanistan) and that's the main reason it's propagated as 'authentic hadith' by many without carrying out background checks on its authenticity (or the lack thereof)

Check this link when you get a chance.

https://secondriseofislam.blogspot.com/2015/08/ghazwa-e-hind.html

On this forum, brother @Zarvan also posted this in 2015.

Authentic Hadees Reference of Ghazwa-E-Hind

None of these links tells us about any Sunni group that considers this Hadith as "Sahih".
Also, a few mistakes:
Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal is not included in Sihah Sitta
and 'Hassan' and 'Sahih' are not the same.

That doesn’t mean the hadith of other books cannot be sahih. Hassan, agreed upon, and sahih, fully authentic, are different levels of veracity.

I may have read someplace that you don’t accept hadith. Correct me if I am wrong. In this case you will doubt every hadith so there is not much point in going back and forth.

Also the biggest proof of Ghazwa e Hind is that it already has happened once during Dilli Sultanat, Ghaznavis, Ghouris, and Mughals. The second time will be close to Hazrat Isa and Mahdi’s time.

14055100_190301601375400_296415685046222723_n.jpg

That doesn’t mean the hadith of other books cannot be sahih. Hassan, agreed upon, and sahih, fully authentic, are different levels of veracity.

I didn't say that hadith of other books cannot be Sahih, I only pointed out inaccuracies in the article/link you posted
As for Hadith grading, again, Hasan and Sahih are not the same.

Among the early traditionists, mostly of the first two centuries, ahadith were classified into two categories only: Sahih and Daeef; al-Tirmidhi was to be the first to distinguish Hasan from Daeef. This is why traditionists and jurists such as Ahmad, who seemed to argue on the basis of Daeef ahadith sometimes, were, in fact, basing their argument on the ahadith which were later to be known as Hasan

I may have read someplace that you don’t accept hadith. Correct me if I am wrong. In this case you will doubt every hadith so there is not much point in going back and forth.

What I personally believe to be true is irrelevant here. We are discussing the authenticity (or the lack thereof) of the Ghazwa e Hind Hadith based on 'established criteria'.... And no, I do not believe in wholesale rejection of Ahadith

The second time will be close to Hazrat Isa and Mahdi’s time.

I do not know of a single Sahih Hadith telling us that Ghazwa e Hind and Hazrat Isa/Mehdi are related in any way. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It was narrated that Thawbaan, the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are two groups of my ummah whom Allah will protect from the Fire: a group who will conquer India, and a group who will be with ‘Eesaa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him).”

Narrated by an-Nasaa’i (no. 3175) and Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad (37/81), Mu’sasat ar-Risaalah edn. Classed as hasan by the commentators on al-Musnad. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (no. 1934)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom