What's new

Whatever

I'm sitting on the pot in the cold and not getting potty.

1) Should I try harder?

2) Should I brew some coffee?

3) Should I dive back under the kambal?

Cheers, Doc
They are called prunes....dear I say more

Personal capacity...referring to TT guy only....got it. *pat pat*

You give too much attention to the whole "bharatoad/TT" drama in the end by discussing django "hypocrite response feelz stuff" here behind his back..... self-certified "extra different troll level above anyone else" princess that you are. But hey you are pretty "*******" amusing in the end I suppose....so keep at it!

Always more coffee...always. Enough coffee fixes everything.
That's gonna give him diarrhea

[COLOR=#bfbfbf]@WebMaster[/COLOR] what do you think?

Yaar I am only a MOD not the admin...I dont decide the final say @WebMaster does :unsure:

It was in the report..If you do not want a negative rating than watch yourselves...Look at Imran Khan and Razpak....these are Pakistani members with a loose tongue who have not been spared...

Just a personal opinion, person to person - this is not meant for @Dubious the Moderator: Chacha and Razpak are both Pakistani, both less than guarded in their speech, and it is instructive to see both disciplined. As it happens, both are the lovable types who mean no harm. I have cornered Razpak with the evidence, and he admitted that he was aggressive when he encountered an aggressive Indian.

However, a rule is a rule.

As for Nilgiri ...his weakest post or not it was reported and I only issued him a negative rating (if I recall since I dont even recall every mod action I conduct)...If he wants it reversed he can ask @Slav Defence ..He is in charge of reversing the negative ratings

O btw, NILGIRI should approach himself instead of talking about it behind my back!

I mean if you have an issue with our MOD's decision it can be over turned by presenting your side of the argument as to why you were calling the person a tomato farmer and baiting him? How is that not trolling? @Joe Shearer

I agree that once a post is reported, the Moderator has to act, or to decide not to act, both are decisions, but one or the other must be taken.

Did he want it reversed? I don't know; I think he is getting into a zone where it matters, but not beyond a point.

If it didn't matter beyond a point, why did he raise it? Perhaps - my interpretation; I have forgotten the context - to show that the Moderators sometimes punish harshly; there is a subliminal reference here, and that is that Indians are treated one degree more harshly than Pakistanis.

What should he have done? What would I have done in his place? If he wanted, as you have said, to have the rating reviewed (not reversed), he should have put his case for review to Slav Master; if he didn't care, he nned not have raised it at all. However, for this second case, he was making a point; it was not about you, but about the relative insignificance of the cause.

What would I have done? Approached the Moderators; sometimes, the rating had been reversed even before I could see it, but on other occasions, on three of them, if I remember correctly, they were reversed as soon as I represented the matter. On the fourth, I refused to do anything, because of the sheer contempt in which I held the individual responsible for it.

About you: you seem to be in a sensitive mood. Please don't feel you were targetted. I daresay the circumstances are bad just now, with accusations flying around, notices of withdrawal from the forum flying around, bits of the blasphemy laws flying around and so on. But that apart, from what I have heard and read, nobody can complain of unfair treatment. Summary judgements, maybe; a broad brush approach to misdemeanours, and equating them to felonies, maybe; injustice, no. However, <impenetrable Joe humour warning> I would, if I were Nilgiri, appeal from Philip Asleep to Philip Awake (look it up for a laugh).

Sir,

Kanji Dwarkadas, a very close friend of Jinnah, once said:

" Gandhi played with the religious emotions of millions and got away with it"

You, sir, are a genius. The PDFers won't be able to understand you... Ever..

If even one does, ".....'tis enough, 'twill suffice."

Joe you taking the austerlitz thing a tad too much. Respect him or hate him.....he forgot (or ignored) the very thing he clearly knew (his display pic speaking volumes to it, if his threads/posts cannot convince anyone otherwise).

The strength of the Roman legion has always been in its formations...when the formations are strong and directed well...the riffraff howling enemy cannot sustain any meaningful attack (as much as they may convince themselves otherwise)...and must flee or be crushed.

But when you choose to disperse and break ranks prematurely (and emotionally)....you become equivalent to the dastardly mob enemy (in fact worse, given you clearly knew the better way)...because you have lost all the cohesion that made you unique and a large cut above them. The larger population that follows the spearhead mob that finally broke a legion will of course judge such a battle on their own terms....I do not care much to put them on some higher moral plane either....since I was not even there at some clear vantage point when these battles were happening in first place.

The Romans themselves learned all this the hard and painful way in the end as well (at much larger levels than a legion though)...as glorious as their reign once was.... a reign they largely had because they themselves learned a great deal from their early great opponents like Hannibal. It is always a case of do you keep learning and honing your skill and attitude...or do you let it atrophy and grow brittle. If the latter, the time is inevitably near when you will break and shatter. No one really can be held all that much to some vaunted pedestal ppl here say comes with titles/modships/blah....we are all imperfect beings in the end....so I am really not that shocked on this stuff tbh...but maybe I am becoming more desensitized to online drama too.

@Desert Fox @VCheng @jbgt90

Well said bro. Austerlitz is a great poster and contributor to this forum. Most of his content, at least from what I have observed, is apolitical, and being an Indian TTA on a Pakistani forum will obviously cause strong resentment among some circles (comes with the territory, one can say) who will utilize various methods to annoy their target, which over time build up until it culminates into the final straw that breaks the camel's back. But that is exactly the reaction they seek.

It's a tough position, and knowing that someone like Austerlitz lasted on this forum for as long as he did is testament to his patience and dedication to the contributions he made to this forum, despite it being a Pakistani forum and that too where some people did not like his presence and sought ways to seek his demise.

But as bad as it was, he shouldn't have said the words he did, because it makes it hard for anyone to defend him, especially on a forum like this one that's catered to a mostly Pakistani/Muslim audience/membership. Because of two or three members you don't turn the other hundred or thousand members against you. Most members don't even know what the hell goes on here in terms of the side drama but they see the posts where their religion is being insulted and they will react strongly.

The analogy you made is true to this situation. The Roman legion symbolized authority, discipline and hierarchy whilst their barbarian enemies symbolized chaos and anarchy. But as soon as that legion disintegrated and its members break ranks they too dissolve into the chaos. As long as they stuck together they were the envy of their opponents who desperately sought to find a weak spot.

Joe you taking the austerlitz thing a tad too much. Respect him or hate him.....he forgot (or ignored) the very thing he clearly knew (his display pic speaking volumes to it, if his threads/posts cannot convince anyone otherwise).

The strength of the Roman legion has always been in its formations...when the formations are strong and directed well...the riffraff howling enemy cannot sustain any meaningful attack (as much as they may convince themselves otherwise)...and must flee or be crushed.

But when you choose to disperse and break ranks prematurely (and emotionally)....you become equivalent to the dastardly mob enemy (in fact worse, given you clearly knew the better way)...because you have lost all the cohesion that made you unique and a large cut above them. The larger population that follows the spearhead mob that finally broke a legion will of course judge such a battle on their own terms....I do not care much to put them on some higher moral plane either....since I was not even there at some clear vantage point when these battles were happening in first place.

The Romans themselves learned all this the hard and painful way in the end as well (at much larger levels than a legion though)...as glorious as their reign once was.... a reign they largely had because they themselves learned a great deal from their early great opponents like Hannibal. It is always a case of do you keep learning and honing your skill and attitude...or do you let it atrophy and grow brittle. If the latter, the time is inevitably near when you will break and shatter. No one really can be held all that much to some vaunted pedestal ppl here say comes with titles/modships/blah....we are all imperfect beings in the end....so I am really not that shocked on this stuff tbh...but maybe I am becoming more desensitized to online drama too.

@Desert Fox @VCheng @jbgt90

upload_2019-1-8_6-52-55.jpeg

You let out the frustrations in little bursts like most of us....so no lingering pressure accumulation. Others let it build up and it comes out in one fell swoop....esp because they may have convinced themselves they are on another plane of discussion/higher objective like I see in lot of Austerlitz threads (which I admire about him to be frank...given its very unlike me).

Personalities are like that. I honestly don't judge anyone too much on that part of us...a lot of it is something beyond our (mental) control in the end and reaches to our core essence, no matter how much we may have trained/denied ourselves otherwise.

padamchen, post: 11083654, member: 180810

I'm sitting on the pot in the cold and not getting potty.

1) Should I try harder?
NO! More greens, more roughage.

2) Should I brew some coffee?
Cup of tea, preferably black.

3) Should I dive back under the kambal?
Get a room heater with a fan. I'm walking around in shorts and thin T Shirt.

Cheers, Doc

What I have observed is that your understanding of Islam has shifted from traditional/orthodox to rational/tolerant over the years. Most probably because you, unlike the majority of Muslims, decided to read the Holy Qur'an and try understand it yourself.
It was always tolerant...

I didnt do Quran "khattam" like normal Pakistanis who do it in speed without understanding to score some points in the family...I actually read the whole Quran with translation and as a bonus some hadiths...It was a childhood activity...

My stand was always rational/tolerant but so is the traditional/orthodox stance..It is how people convey it, needs change not the words but the people need the change...I just changed my way of conveying it!

It was always tolerant...

I didnt do Quran "khattam" like normal Pakistanis who do it in speed without understanding to score some points in the family...I actually read the whole Quran with translation and as a bonus some hadiths...It was a childhood activity...

My stand was always rational/tolerant but so is the traditional/orthodox stance..It is how people convey it, needs change not the words but the people need the change...I just changed my way of conveying it!
off topic but looking at ur avatar I think u took my chittar advice seriously:lol:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom