What's new

Whatever

@Zibago @Nilgiri @Mentee @RealNapster @Moonlight

What happened with @django ??

I am posting here because his thread is closed.

Read my last few replies in that thread....and check austerlitz profile page and also hell hound profile page. Django hopefully will return, but lets see.

I don't think this lack of compassion has to do only with one party rule. But one child policy which made every kid a 'lone prince' or 'lone princess' in his/her house have a lot to do with this. And above all, I get the feeling that majority of Chinese have faith in CPC. But it's more like a dynasty like other dynasties in China.

But who put in the "one child policy" by force?

All roads lead to Rome my friend.

BTW for both you and @Atlas i am not conjecturing any fate w.r.t BD (which has strong cultural roots, one can say it was founded politically on its unique culture above all)...but just a warning when this goes on for a long enough time (as to what starts to happen because of political dependency cycles and there not being much moral "grounding").

You have to live in Hong Kong like I have (where there is history of much more underlying political freedom) to compare same set of people (ethnically) but see the difference in temperament/demeanour (and their resulting impressions of their mainlander blood-brothers).

@Indus Pakistan
Why would you do that,you giving up because of some tunnel heads?
Thats not the Kaptaan i know.
You are one of the few well respected members by those who matter,the rest....well,you know…
Only loosers call names,dont worry about it.

You have to live in Hong Kong like I have (where there is history of much more underlying political freedom) to compare same set of people (ethnically) but see the difference in temperament/demeanour (and their resulting impressions of their mainlander blood-brothers).
I wish you could live in Bangladesh from 2001 to 2006 ; specially 2005/06 , and here some of our pakistani fellas also! Otherwise it is impossible to explain that the video link you posted , Bangladesh was much worse than that time.
And besides , I am afraid that I am unable to explain that condition with my basic level of English skill , because it will take page after page ( it can cross hundreds of pages if someone need to explain the real messy condition ) if I want to explain those days as a common man of Bangladesh who do not believe in intellectual method . Intellectual method is telling half truth and half lie . So mate maybe it's wise for me not to mess in such situation since I am unable to explain with correct expression because of my poor English language skill :) So I did not comment on that video . :)

Last edited:
Snowflake was banned

Persian gulf was banned as well
Probably not my place but, wouldnt it make it easier if all the BS that was said by those hiding behind their keyboards, is forgiven? Then you or any other mod opens a trend making it clear that religion should not be made fun of, doesnt matter if someone believes in Islam or worships a frog. Then that trend is pinned to the top of the forum. No insults to any other person based on their religion (Even Islam teaches us not to do that). Also I know that religious discussions are banned, but that doesn't completely solve the problem. If you want to win an argument or make a simple, yet very effective insult, you make fun of their religion. This is serious and borderline hate speech. Thank you,

But is beef and buffalo meat is not same, is it ? I doubt . As I know Bengali Hindus do not eat beef ( cow ) , though not sure if they also do not eat buffalo meat of not!
However Hindus consider cow as sign of kamdhenu of heaven right ? Is there any case with buffalo too ?

Yes they are both bovine meats, so similar but different too. Here in North America, there is Bison meat as well which is different but similar too.

In India, buffalo meat (called carabeef outside) is just called as beef. Cattle beef is very rare....even among muslims and christians (to live in better coexistence with Hindus....same reason Hindus + christians dont really go for pork so openly etc).

As for what Hindus consider, it depends on the Hindu. Hinduism is collection of many religions and philosophies (given Hinduism is really geographic based larger culture to begin with)...some are more mainstream, some less so....but there is no "council of nicaea" etc that delineated/canonized all this formally into a dogma.

Probably not my place but, wouldnt it make it easier if all the BS that was said by those hiding behind their keyboards, is forgiven? Then you or any other mod opens a trend making it clear that religion should not be made fun of, doesnt matter if someone believes in Islam or worships a frog. Then that trend is pinned to the top of the forum. No insults to any other person based on their religion (Even Islam teaches us not to do that). Also I know that religious discussions are banned, but that doesn't completely solve the problem. If you want to win an argument or make a simple, yet very effective insult, you make fun of their religion. This is serious and borderline hate speech. Thank you,
We have such rules but no one seems to follow them and it just turns ugly...

We expect everyone to read the rules...so we expect them to follow it and the rules clearly states respect other members! Now since we cant go around chasing every idiot running amock we have the report button and I spend a great deal of my time responding to reports...Mind you it is tiring and the worse comes when you have to show you arent biased!

Then there are some which are funny I feel bad I laugh but man they are funny though the guy is trying to be serious :unsure:

Then there are some really stupid ones, personal attacks, religious jargon, politically incorrect news and many other stuff we go through....

SO you think calling someone a tomato farmer is fun?

UM bharwana himself says that is his favourite and preferred identity (when I have teased him about some of his economics knowledge)....you can ask him yourself when he is back here.

Shall I point you to all the banter we have had and you can give negative ratings to both him and I for it (for engaging in yet more tomato farmer talk)? He brought up he was a tomato farmer, not me. :P

Anyway I say let the audience decide for themselves. Some negative ratings certainly are pretty funny given what other negative ratings are given for (but all are negative ratings in the end)...that is my opinion at least. Same goes for positive ratings too....sometimes just a word or line gets a positive rating....and its stands funnily along much longer, detailed analysis that get them too. Hey who am I to judge on that....but does it mean I should not chuckle?

As for what Hindus consider, it depends on the Hindu. Hinduism is collection of many religions and philosophies (given Hinduism is really geographic based larger culture to begin with)...some are more mainstream, some less so....but there is no "council of nicaea" etc that delineated/canonized all this formally into a dogma.
Okay one more question then @Nilgiri , can you give me some basic idea about hinduism outside Bengal region ? Bengali Hindus are mostly belong to shakta branch . And some are Gaudiya vaishnava who believe that Sri Krishna is the supreme being .
So what about others ? I mean vaishnava , shaiviya , specially smartha and others ? I would really like to know , but do not find authentic article on it .
I mean which branch is more mainstream and nearer to vedas ?

We have such rules but no one seems to follow them and it just turns ugly...

We expect everyone to read the rules...so we expect them to follow it and the rules clearly states respect other members! Now since we cant go around chasing every idiot running amock we have the report button and I spend a great deal of my time responding to reports...Mind you it is tiring and the worse comes when you have to show you arent biased!

Then there are some which are funny I feel bad I laugh but man they are funny though the guy is trying to be serious :unsure:

Then there are some really stupid ones, personal attacks, religious jargon, politically incorrect news and many other stuff we go through....
Is it possible if a small band is incorporated at the top of the screen, that runs serious rules? Also I feel you, its difficult to understand if someone is being serious or funny, through text. So well done to you all

@Dubious
Agree with you that Islam is a religion of peace and with most of what you have said on the petition thread But sometimes inaction (rather defending) by those 'in charge' is more outrageous and provocative than the blasphemy itself.... I have been a long time critic of Pakistan's harsh blasphemy laws, which has earned me lot of enemies online as well as in real life, but a red line has been crossed here. ... Seriously disappointed

@Dubious
Agree with you that Islam is a religion of peace and with most of what you have said on the petition thread But sometimes inaction (rather defending) by those 'in charge' is more outrageous and provocative than the blasphemy itself.... I have been a long time critic of Pakistan's harsh blasphemy laws, which has earned me lot of enemies online as well as in real life, but a red line has been crossed here. ... Seriously disappointed
The truth is, pakistan is not ready to have some islamic laws. Like the blasphemy law, we havent reached that stage of enlightenment yet. Islamic laws arent ment to be abused, and people are doing it. In my opinion that's worse then someone making fun of the religion. We should have those kind of laws when we actully become muslims. It's a shame people like us call our selves muslims, we are worse then the enemies of Islam. I make dua after every prayer that "ya Allah, put every Pakistani and muslim on sirat e mustaqeem" It hurts me to see muslims misusing islam for their own benefits.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom