What's new

Whatever

Non-Muslims also subscribe to some religion. Both Christianity and Judaism are against the consumption of the pork...same goes for Hinduism so you can ask them to read their own books / scriptures as many of them especially Christians have distorted the original message but still old testament has some of the original revelations.

For the rest (Atheists, Budhists, Chinese) you can use scientific reasons to explain but you will hear a lot of counter arguments as well. I normally don't indulge in convincing others unless and until asked though I will give my reason for not consuming the pork and that is religion. I'm Muslim, I believe in God and His wisdom and I obey His orders, He declared it haram for us. That should end the discussion right there and I have encountered such situations quite a few times and dealt in the way I have explained.

Still it doesn't answer the question that why a thing gets banned in any system. You talk about yours.

Of course there's wisdom of God. You have the right to explore that wisdom, as seeking knowledge is preferred act.

Not really, their toxins still stay in the meat. Try cooking a rotten food even on high heat for several minutes, the taste and smell does not away despite all bacteria getting killed that is because of the toxins produced by them. So if you cook pork, the larvae will be killed but their corpses will stay in the meat.

Please rotten food is not the scenario. The Trichinella Spiralis is an occurrence and can be prevented from the beginning. Btw who is telling that there's a larva etc etc? The same science is telling that it is safe to consume the meat after a proper cooking.

Do you know sir this larva also occurs in horses. Horse consumption is proven in authentic traditions.

If that is the rule than ........ It would be equally or more applicable in case of birds, amphibians, reptiles and sea life. I have seen experiments proving crows and some other birds to be very intelligent. I kept mentioning that pork is omnivore like crows and humans so being an omnivore is related to being an intelligent? Plus pardon my ignorance but share some examples / data on pig's intelligence .......

I used the word living being. So it includes amphibians and reptiles.

Omnivores are rich in intelligent animals like crows, foxes, dolphins, squirrel and chimpanzees. Pork is among top ten most intelligent animals overall.

Below is some research,

BY JEN VIEGAS
PUBLISHED ON 06/11/2015
11:39 AM EDT

Pigs can often outsmart dogs and are on about the same intellectual level as our closest living relatives, chimpanzees, according to a new paper.

The research project, described in a paper published in the International Journal of Comparative Psychology, aims to put a face on animals that are traditionally just viewed as sources of meat.

"We have shown that pigs share a number of cognitive capacities with other highly intelligent species such as dogs, chimpanzees, elephants, dolphins, and even humans," neuroscientist Lori Marino of Emory University and The Nonhuman Rights Project said in a press release. "There is good scientific evidence to suggest we need to rethink our overall relationship to them."

They found that pigs:

• have excellent long-term memories • are whizzes with mazes and other tests requiring location of objects • can comprehend a simple symbolic language and can learn complex combinations of symbols for actions and objects • love to play and engage in mock fighting with each other, similar to play in dogs and other mammals • live in complex social communities where they keep track of individuals and learn from one another • cooperate with one another • can manipulate a joystick to move an on-screen cursor, a capacity they share with chimpanzees • can use a mirror to find hidden food • exhibit a form of empathy when witnessing the same emotion in another individual Contrast these abilities with the way that pigs are often treated in factory farms.

And why intelligent mammals still are in the food chain list of carnivores?

Intelligent mammals that I find aren't easy prey and regular part of carnivores food chain.

The Most Intelligent Mammals on Earth; are Humans the Smartest? The Results May Surprise You.
3/15/2014 4 Comments

Scientists say the best gauge of estimating the intelligence of a mammal is by studying the mass of a mammal’s brain relative to its size. This creates a measurement known as an encephalization quotient (EQ) which provides a balanced scale that can compare the intelligence of a kangaroo with say that of a lemur, for example.

Put simply, the bigger the mammal’s brain in comparison to the size of it’s body, the smarter the mammal tends to be…here’s the list.

Squirrels are capable of communicating and remembering complex messages, making and executing plans, completing arithmetic calculations, and anticipating the movements of humans. EQ SCORE 1.1

Adult canines train their young by correcting them when they behave in an unacceptable manner (biting too hard, eating out of turn, and so on) and reward them for acceptable behavior (by playing with them, feeding them, cleaning them, etc). EQ SCORE 1.2

New studies claim wild elephants can distinguish between human languages, and they can tell whether a voice comes from a man, woman or a boy. EQ SCORE 1.7

Rhesus monkeys are highly intelligent. The rhesus monkey is the most commonly used primate in medical and scientific research. The polio and smallpox vaccines were developed thanks to the rhesus monkey, and they preceded humans in space travel. EQ SCORE 2.1

Orcas (killer whales), both in the wild and in captivity, exhibit a range of emotions from joy, fear, frustration, and anger, as well as self-awareness. EQ SCORE 2.9

Bottlenose dolphins make a unique signature whistle that helps individual dolphins recognize each other or perform another kind of communication still yet unknown to science. EQ SCORE 4.1

Humans have a complex capacity to profit from experiences and training, to adapt successfully to new situations, and to think abstractly using symbols and concepts. Regardless of how wise some people are and some people aren’t; as a species, humans have no intellectual equals on this planet. EQ SCORE 7.6

https://www.viralsoma.com/the-most-...ans-the-smartest-the-results-may-surprise-you

Do you know sir this larva also occurs in horses. Horse consumption is proven in authentic traditions.

Thanks for the interesting share. Lets build further on the grounds you provided and reason about

Would it be okay to use any vaccines obtained from pigs? Like insulin etc?

Both Christianity and Judaism are against the consumption of the pork...

HUM! That hasn't been true for Christianity
for a long long while, my good man.

Technically still dependent on the Old Testament,
Christian doctrine evolved away from Judaism &
Jewish traditions. From Astérix' times with wild
boars as sustenance to rosette de Lyon, pork has
always existed in most European lands' cuisine &
in a way was never practically banned.

Facts always trump fakes ( except nowadays in Washington )!

Have a great day all, Tay.

Thanks for the interesting share. Lets build further on the grounds you provided and reason about

Would it be okay to use any vaccines obtained from pigs? Like insulin etc?

Vaccines are meant to save the life. In that situation we can eat the meat as well, so vaccine would have same position.

26805320_1666042843444157_2578583441433555444_n.jpg

Fine and just routine. So what's new? Seems like a tola is silent ATM.

They are busy forming opinions based on their favorite political idol in the great Pakistani circus.

Winter has finally come. So lots of sleep is new.

Vaccines are meant to save the life. In that situation we can eat the meat as well, so vaccine would have same position.

That logic is okay ..... but when that same vaccine can be obtained from variety of animals, then where do you put the pigs in ranking? Say insulin obtained from horses and insulin obtained from pigs .... one is specifically declared haram for consumption and the other is deemed haram. Pigs or horses ........ similarly in a life saving situation which one should be consumed if both are available?

How's you all doing?

As far as communicating with some real liberal people, who happen to be sure and clear about their beliefs and ideas and feel secure, ........... I am all good ........... and then there are some idiots on this forum who cannot differentiate between history and religion ..... they are so retarded in their understanding that for them history is also part of their religion .... and on top of that they have powers to lock threads and leave their final message with no opportunity for the member to reply them.

That logic is okay ..... but when that same vaccine can be obtained from variety of animals, then where do you put the pigs in ranking? Say insulin obtained from horses and insulin obtained from pigs .... one is specifically declared haram for consumption and the other is deemed haram. Pigs or horses ........ similarly in a life saving situation which one should be consumed if both are available?

It will remain the same i.e. if pig and horse are available in life saving situation, you'd go for horse meat. Additionally if insulin obtained from horse is available, insulin obtained from pigs should be removed from market to save unnecessary killing of pigs.

Back
Top Bottom