What's new

Whatever

For those UK members who are old enough to remeber, here is a 1981 song about a White English girl getting pregnant be a black man. Think it was Suggs' sister from Madness(listen to the words of the song):

PS @Kaptaan you must remember the above
Love it. I grew up listening to Suggs. Blue Ford Cortina. Madness cassette playing ...... feels like yesterday !

Love it. I grew up listening to Suggs. Blue Ford Cortina. Madness cassette playing ...... feels like yesterday !

Lol........I was a big Madness and A-Ha fan too. It must be love by Madness was my favourite hit of all time. Cassette days were the best. 80s and 90s were the best days of my life.

I think this whole phenomena of hardcore promotion of interracial marriages by many Muslim scholars (particularly the Western Islamic scholars) is a fairly recent thing because it was not unusual for Muslims in the past to express views that would today be considered "racist". Take for example the reknown scholar Ibn Khaldun:

DiKAOlO.png

I believe the much recent push for interracial marriages by Western Islamic scholars is mostly due to them wanting to present to their Western Liberal and secular colleagues the image that "see, Islam too is tolerant and therefore compatible with modern Western values".

This agenda is mostly being pushed by the Muslim Brotherhood and affiliated organizations.

Because if in group/racial preferences were prohibited in Islam then you have to wonder why did not the various Muslim races and nationalities just mix out of existence in the entire past history of Islam's existence as a religion?

Because keep in mind marrying within your own race/ethnicity and discriminating in personal preferences is not haram in Islam. No Hadith or Ayah of the Quran says that anyone who chooses to marry within his own people is somehow doomed to hellfire. Islam is in fact neutral in this regard.

Therefore I would conclude that this modern day narrative is a fairly new one being pushed by organizations like the Muslim brotherhood and other Arab organizations.

I think this whole phenomena of hardcore promotion of interracial marriages by many Muslim scholars (particularly the Western Islamic scholars) is a fairly recent thing because it was not unusual for Muslims in the past to express views that would today be considered "racist". Take for example the reknown scholar Ibn Khaldun:

I believe the much recent push for interracial marriages by Western Islamic scholars is mostly due to them wanting to present to their Western Liberal and secular colleagues the image that "see, Islam too is tolerant and therefore compatible with modern Western values".

This agenda is mostly being pushed by the Muslim Brotherhood and affiliated organizations.

Because if in group/racial preferences were prohibited in Islam then you have to wonder why did not the various Muslim races and nationalities just mix out of existence in the entire past history of Islam's existence as a religion?

Because keep in mind marrying within your own race/ethnicity and discriminating in personal preferences is not haram in Islam. No Hadith or Ayah of the Quran says that anyone who chooses to marry within his own people is somehow doomed to hellfire. Islam is in fact neutral in this regard.

Therefore I would conclude that this modern day narrative is a fairly new one being pushed by organizations like the Muslim brotherhood and other Arab organizations.
personally I think inter-ethnic marriages are stupid.
I am going to marry a Pakistani girl.

That's a very gross generalisation if I may indulge.

Every culture east of the Mediterranean is more or less similar to yours. Africa is no different. The Muslim culture is more or less the only visible culture left in the world. Note I say Muslim not islamic.

But thanks to our colonial upbringing we tend to see Africa as the dark continent till today and thus have suffered a little.

But we have huge presence in Africa which somehow doesn't market itself

Btw would like to just point out that alot of the mosques in the West are heavily funded by Gulf Arab money. If you go to these mosques only go to pray your Namaz and Jummah. Don't get too involved with their politics.

And if you have the option to go to a Desi mosque then go there.

Btw would like to just point out that alot of the mosques in the West are heavily funded by Gulf Arab money. If you go to these mosques only go to pray your Namaz and Jummah. Don't get too involved with their politics.

And if you have the option to go to a Desi mosque then go there.
True, true.

That's a very gross generalisation if I may indulge.

Every culture east of the Mediterranean is more or less similar to yours. Africa is no different. The Muslim culture is more or less the only visible culture left in the world. Note I say Muslim not islamic.

But thanks to our colonial upbringing we tend to see Africa as the dark continent till today and thus have suffered a little.

But we have huge presence in Africa which somehow doesn't market itself
That's not true.

Take for example the quote of Ibn Khaldun which predates European colonialism.

Also, I read a book regarding the East African slave trade and the Barbary slave trade (two prominent slave routes in the Islamic world) and European slaves were worth more than African slaves. Clearly there is a racial bias there within the Arabs that predates European colonialism and who favored favored European slaves over Black Africans.

Back
Top Bottom