What's new

Whatever

Are you of Korean ancestry mate?

Yes, I was born in Seoul to Korean parents. I moved to the US when I was around 11 or 12 and did my schooling from middle school to junior college here in the US.

I had to go back to SK and do my military service from 2010 to 2012. Received my discharge papers in 2013. I did my service in the South Korean Marine Corps (Daehanminguk Haebyeongdae). In my homeland's language, it is spelled like this 대한민국 해병대.

Currently in the US to finish my Bachelor's degree so I can go back to SK but savoring the time I'm spending here especially using the time I have to smoke the water pipe with my Pakistani chingu (who is also a junior college buddy) as much as I can. Will be staying in the US for at least a couple years. :-)

Last edited:
Yes, I was born in Seoul to Korean parents. I moved to the US when I was around 11 or 12 and did my schooling from middle school to junior college here in the US.

I had to go back to SK and do my military service from 2010 to 2012. Received my discharge papers in 2013. I did my service in the South Korean Marine Corps (Daehanminguk Haebyeongdae). In my homeland's language, it is spelled like this 대한민국 해병대.

Currently in the US to finish my Bachelor's degree so I can go back to SK but savoring the time I'm spending here especially using the time I have to smoke the water pipe with my Pakistani chingu (who is also a junior college buddy) as much as I can. Will be staying in the US for at least for a couple years. :-)

Nice bro, you have done a great deal in your life already, but that's typical of the Asian overachieving mindset which I love so much. If you are ever in Seoul, I'll make sure to holiday then so you can show me around lol.

How do you find the East Asian members here? Do you have plenty of things to discuss? I think the representation we have is impressive from that corner of Asia.

Nice bro, you have done a great deal in your life already, but that's typical of the Asian overachieving mindset which I love so much. If you are ever in Seoul, I'll make sure to holiday then so you can show me around lol.

How do you find the East Asian members here? Do you have plenty of things to discuss? I think the representation we have is impressive from that corner of Asia.

I will definitely try and show you around my country. We're a small country but we do have stuff other than kimchi like Tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes) and Japchae (sweet potato noodles). I'm not sure what kind of food you like but foreigners who come to my country likes at least two dishes if they don't like kimchi.

I feel more positive to the Turks, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Malaysians, Indonesians and the Europeans here on PDF. I am not too thrilled with the other NE Asians here mostly because of the difference in politics and territorial disputes that my country has with our next door neighbors. I don't know whether you followed the Far East section this past week or so, but you probably saw my posts in response to theirs. Don't think I will ever be on friendly terms with the other NE Asians but its not a complete loss since there a lot of various nationalities here to converse with. :P

I will definitely try and show you around my country. We're a small country but we do have stuff other than kimchi like Tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes) and Japchae (sweet potato noodles). I'm not sure what kind of food you like but foreigners who come to my country likes at least two dishes if they don't like kimchi.

I feel more positive to the Turks, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Malaysians, Indonesians and the Europeans here on PDF. I am not too thrilled with the other NE Asians here mostly because of the difference in politics and territorial disputes that my country has with our next door neighbors. I don't know whether you followed the Far East section this past week or so, but you probably saw my posts in response to theirs. Don't think I will ever be on friendly terms with the other NE Asians but its not a complete loss since there a lot of various nationalities here to converse with. :P

Nice one, thank you for the offer. I always wanted to see the republic. By the way I love noodles and rice cakes etc, it's al good.
Good to know you get on with the above mentioned nationalities. Lol@the Far East section, don't worry man I wouldn't expect you to have great friends there. It's not really that bad, you only need to look at the Middle East section to see how bad things can really get. We have mods on the 24 hour patrol there. :cheesy:

Nice one, thank you for the offer. I always wanted to see the republic. By the way I love noodles and rice cakes etc, it's al good.
Good to know you get on with the above mentioned nationalities. Lol@the Far East section, don't worry man I wouldn't expect you to have great friends there. It's not really that bad, you only need to look at the Middle East section to see how bad things can really get. We have mods on the 24 hour patrol there. :cheesy:

You're welcome. I definitely have plans to go back to SK but I need to catch a breather for several years and catch up on my studies. I also need to save up for the ridiculously, priced plane ticket back home as I spent a little too much of my savings on food and alcohol. :ashamed:

This is just strictly my opinion but the threads involving the Turks vs Iranians seems to get very tense especially for the Middle East section. I have a feeling that both the Iranians and Turks aren't really discussing the issue but more about subconsciously arguing with each other about which is better, Chelow Kebab vs Döner Kebab. If this sounds racist to you, I won't ever mention this again as I don't want to look like a prick. :what:

You're welcome. I definitely have plans to go back to SK but I need to catch a breather for several years and catch up on my studies. I also need to save up for the ridiculously, priced plane ticket back home as I spent a little too much of my savings on food and alcohol. :ashamed:

This is just strictly my opinion but the threads involving the Turks vs Iranians seems to get very tense especially for the Middle East section. I have a feeling that both the Iranians and Turks aren't really discussing the issue but more about subconsciously arguing with each other about which is better, Chelow Kebab vs Döner Kebab. If this sounds racist to you, I won't ever mention this again as I don't want to look like a prick. :what:

Lol, you're a typical student i.e short of cash i.e. always budgeting.
I agree with your comments about the ME section. Much of it is arguing for sake of arguing.

The only "safe section" of PDF is the European section....... if you compare to Middle East,Asia and the others. :sick:
Where there are fights between Asians,Middle easterners,Americans....... But i have to admit that it is funny sometimes.. :enjoy:
Sadly,we do not have a lot of European members.

@sEoulman556 Didn't know we had a South Korean member,let me say Hello and Happy New Year ! :tup:

The only "safe section" of PDF is the European section....... if you compare to Middle East,Asia and the others. :sick:
Where there are fights between Asians,Middle easterners,Americans....... But i have to admit that it is funny sometimes.. :enjoy:

@sEoulman556 Didn't know we had a South Korean member,let me say Hello and Happy New Year ! :tup:

Lol true. The European section is very calm, that's probably down to the fact most of the Europeans get along quite well and agree with over a broad spectrum of things. The European contingent is smallish, compared to the other folks but they make a good contribution. It does have one very positive aspect though, its diversity i.e. everything from Western to Eastern Europe, and the Mediterranean.

thats true. @waz what happened to @Gabriel92, has he done forever?

What if i tell you i'm Gab ? :yahoo:
The guy that had a pink bear in his avatar. :rofl:
well i be damned if your gab, are you really? if so what was his avatar before the pink bear?
hehehe i know im the one who told him to change it.
well we do have @frenchpliot he's a good guy and across the pond we have some british pakistani's mods like waz, irfan baloch, jungibaz and atanz and lets not forget mike2000isback

well i be damned if your gab, are you really? if so what was his avatar before the pink bear?

Wasn't it the military patch "France",i don't really remember.

hehehe i know im the one who told him to change it.

I told you it was a long story,but you thought i was a gay or something like that. (i think) :wacko:

well we do have @frenchpliot he's a good guy and across the pond we have some british pakistani's mods like waz, irfan baloch, jungibaz and atanz and lets not forget mike2000isback

I'm former FrenchPilot,just asked to change my username to "Vauban".
-
Difficult story. :yahoo:

Wasn't it the military patch "France",i don't really remember.

I told you it was a long story,but you thought i was a gay or something like that. (i think) :wacko:

I'm former FrenchPilot,just asked to change my username to "Vauban".
-
Difficult story. :yahoo:
so your gabriel92 and french pliot?

i love stories especailly when there difficult. do tell:wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom