What's new

Whatever

mike lad where have you been? how did you end up getting banned:disagree:

I dont know why bros. I never said anything personal against anybody here. Guess it's because i said in one thread that our leaders/authorities should be more vigilant against Islamic extremists by properly screening any immigrants we let in and prosecuting/imprisoning those extremists who are already here preaching hate against the very same countries who welcomed them. According to some terrorist sympathizers here the west is to blame for all Islamic terrorists wreaking havoc in both western countries and even some Muslim countries among themselves, they can do no wrong. lol So be it.:D

I dont know why bros. I never said anything personal against anybody here. Guess it's because i said in one thread that our leaders/authorities should be more vigilant against Islamic extremists by properly screening any immigrants we let in and prosecuting/imprisoning those extremists who are already here preaching hate against the very same countries who welcomed them. According to some terrorist sympathizers here the west is to blame for all Islamic terrorists wreaking havoc in both western countries and even some Muslim countries among themselves, they can do no wrong. lol So be it.:D
the truth must hurt.;). well we did contribute to the rise of isis but not solely an aljazeera interview with a US general admited it to.

nice to have you back :enjoy:

@Nilgiri @jamahir @Zibago @Roybot @Bharat_Bhakt

Can anyone please tell me major economic development around the world like a decrease in oil price, slowdown in China's growth, real estate bubble in India, Volkswagon case, other financial news etc. Please just mention the events and I will google them myself. It would be a great help :)

Can anyone please tell me major economic development around the world like a decrease in oil price, slowdown in China's growth, real estate bubble in India, Volkswagon case, other financial news etc. Please just mention the events and I will google them myself. It would be a great help :)
what do you want lady ? i mean the few things that directly influence our life's today and in future are oil prices and NaMo's economic plans for india in next two years and if everything goes as per plan then rest everything will be taken care of with ease as for real estate bubble well we are a population of 1.3 billion and no amount is too much for us with respect to 'roti,kapra & makan'

what do you want lady ? i mean the few things that directly influence our life's today and in future are oil prices and NaMo's economic plans for india in next two years and if everything goes as per plan then rest everything will be taken care of with ease as for real estate bubble well we are a population of 1.3 billion and no amount is too much for us with respect to 'roti,kapra & makan'
Actually, someone very close to me is going to have interview with an investment bank, and I am helping him with economic news and recent developments across the world, especially India. It would be very helpful, if you could just list some of the major developments, I'll google them myself.

hi, i returned home quite late and i am too tired to do analysis, so at the moment i can think of the below but will add something tomorrow, if it is not too late. :)

to start with, most of india's gdp derives from the it/services/finance new industries.

the background of the real estate bubble in india depends on residential and office projects which in turn depend greatly on the it/services/finance industries whose workers/managers/owners take long-term loans ( on interest ) mostly from the private banks, to buy flats in the new style of urban neo-rich middle class residence apartment blocks or very-high-priced gated communities ( with pretend-american names like "orange county" :lol: ) or office space or have office buildings built... many times, the builders of these projects themselves take big loans from banks ( and i suppose from partner-financiers ) to build these projects.

the builders' idea is that the working capital they take on loan will be repaid when people book houses ( during project construction or after ) or buy office space or have a office built, and the high price for the houses and offices charged by the builder will leave a big profit with the builder after he has repaid his loan.

now, the post-2007 receded economy in usa, which also affected western europe, caused losses in the indian it/services industry because those countries were india's major clients and would outsource projects to be done by the vast number of low-cost workers in places like bangalore, madras, poona and hyderabad, but when usa/western-europe economy saw a down-turn they wanted to save money by removing employees and cancelling the projects that are not critical... since indian it/services got projects that were mediocre or not critical or simply boring, when the west wanted to save money and save their companies they did it by removing people from their indian subsidiaries ( examples, ibm-india in february 2014 and hsbc in late 2015 ) or cancelling outsourcing to indian companies leading to people being removed here ( example, tcs in late 2014 ) or reducing salaries and downscaling facilities ( examples, huawei and infosys )... so when indian it/services people are removed ( suddenly ) or their salaries are reduced, it not only affects local companies ( example, kingfisher ) but also affects the real estate industry here because many of the workers/owners in the it/services industry will default on the monthly emi for a new house or book a house or book a office space or have a office constructed, and this money lost in one section of the real estate industry will affect the other sections because money is not being circulated.

okay, this is what i can think of now. :)

Last edited:
D&G unveils discreet designs for Muslim women

Dolce and Gabbana attacking the booming middle Eastern market for high fashion with a collection of abayas and hijabs.

568fec22ac56d.jpg

The mini collection, billed as capturing the “allure of the Middle East”, has generated a stir of interest on social media with designers Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce generally winning praise for demonstrating that dressing modestly does not have to mean dressing drab.─ Photo: style.com/arabia

ROME: Dolce & Gabbana, designers best known for womenswear inspired by the sultry sensualism of southern Italy, are attacking the booming middle Eastern market for high fashion with a collection of abayas andhijabs.

The Abaya line, which conforms with the modesty requirements of most versions of Islam, was launched this week in D&G's boutiques throughout the Middle East, as well as in Milan, Munich, Paris and London, popular destinations for well-heeled shopping tourists from the region.

The mini collection, billed as capturing the “allure of the Middle East”, has generated a stir of interest on social media with designers Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce generally winning praise for demonstrating that dressing modestly does not have to mean dressing drab.

A spokeswoman for the designers said there was no particular agenda other than catering for their customers

“It is not the first capsule collection Dolce & Gabbana has designed and dedicated to a specific market, “she told AFP.

“In the past, they have created collections for the China market, as well as Brazil, Japan and Mexico. So it's a collection without any ideological or polemic attitude.

“The company describes the pieces as “a reverie amidst the desert dunes and skies of the Middle East: an enchanting visual story about the grace and beauty of the marvellous women of Arabia. “Ankle-length dresses come in both subtle, sandy shades and dark, almost black, hues.

Some are embellished with the bright motifs that featured in D&G's main spring/summer 2016 collection: daisies, lemons, white dots and red roses.

Fabrics include Georgette, a type of sheer crepe, and charmeuse, another lightweight material, with much use made of lace for trim and inserts.

Oversized jewellery and sunglasses also give the collection D&G's distinctive signature.

According to a report by management consultancy Bain, sales of personal luxury goods in the Middle East totalled $8.7 billion in 2015, up nearly 28 percent from 2014.

Other top fashion brands have already attempted to boost their sales in the region with collections tailor-made for the market, notably Oscar de la Renta, DKNY and Tommy Hilfiger.

Last year saw Japanese retailer Uniqlo enlist British designer Hana Tajima to design a range aimed at Muslim women in the run up to the fasting month of Ramadan, while Sweden's H&M cast its first hijab wearing model, Mariah Idrissi.

Idrissi said D&G's entry to this particular market was “definitely a positive thing. “ “I think (fashion houses) are realising; let's not just do it in that one month, let's make this something to stay, because they've realised the potential and how much Muslim women spend on fashion,” she told Britain's Daily Telegraph.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom