What's new

Whatever

Food for thought

Attachments

• 1427696737488.jpg
    1427696737488.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 18
Niho bro you think exactly like me! (atleast in this case)
My experiences have taught me something similar, but then I was always very clear about my priorities. Right now, what works for me is that I've blended in the family, and he is still trying to blend in with my crazy extended family. Lolz

hahahaha! LOL!

Just this weekend , after a long long conversation with my mom, she always asks me the same question, "So now, are you getting married soon? Have you fond someone now?" And i always deflect her questions by changing the subject. She will reiterate again, "Oh you know i have a friend who's daughter is still single. She's living in (names a US City), and she's doing (names her profession) , maybe you might want to go meet her ! She's good, comes from a good family..."

I always end up making fun of her , "MOM, what if i don't get married?"

LOL!

Hey, I know all about the vibrous South Asian Family , andn the power of an Indian Mother on her son, or Indian father on his daughter. Make sure that your hubby is not too pressured eh? lol. You guys need balance. And i know all about the influence of 'Brothers' on the sister , lol. But I'm sure you guys are doing great, God Willing ! You seem like a woman who can hold your own and carry your own weight in any circumstance, Che Che. Perhaps one of the reasons why your hubby was attracted to you. :)

Walaikum Salam.............

Yup, the short way to get to Him, is through love

Actually we should even loved Him more than our women, if we can do that, the secret will reveal.............

When I broke out with 2 of my girl friends, the next day I broke out, I always find these things, which I rarely see at my home, and then I killed those animals.

Image015.jpg

My goodness, bro. What is that? Some kind of bad omen? Sometimes, bro, we are tested , pray always that we not be with one who is ill in spirit and character.

Some kinda bad omen?

Yup, that is a good things to leave them, since I still love those women than my own God at that time. I have to admit that :

Quran: At-Taubah: 24

Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

Very difficult verse indeed

At those poem (brought by Nihonjin), the meaning of death, is death for worldly desire, and live of another desire which is derived from the love of our God. Understandable based on psychology, we love some thing that can bring worth to us, and we also love someone that is kind and close to us. It is the match in the heart. Which one is dearer to our heart will become another God beside ALLAH, and we become their slave. It is better to be a slave of God only of course. This kind of thing is the principle of Tasawuf/Sufism. Those poem should not be interpreted in term of physical, but rather psychological.

3 in 1. Pistol Knife & Knuckler

Attachments

• 1427697429380.jpg
    1427697429380.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 16
Muhammad Ali with Malcolm X

Attachments

• 1427697696461.jpg
    1427697696461.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 21
Supporting the Nazis

Attachments

• 1427697817771.jpg
    1427697817771.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 23
I will share a personal , deeply personal experience with you two. In context to a significant other.

My life experience with a deep and long time relationship has taught me that it is important to find someone who you care about , who also feels the same. In addition, its important that she not only gets along with you, but also with your entire family; Mother, Father, Brothers, Sisters. This becomes increasingly important if you are a very family-oriented person. I am that type and I value the strong bond i have with my Mom, Dad, and my siblings. I would like (God Willing) that this relationship and bond continues even long after i am married and same with my siblings.

My gf of almost 3 years was one who i wanted to be with (or so i had hoped), but one thing that i didn't appreciate was that she was very critical of my personal relationship with my parents. She always thought it as a threat that i was close to my mother, father, and siblings. I don't want to be dismissive of her, but i would assume it had something to do with her not having a good relationship with her own mother. Some of our worst disagreements were based on her antagonizing me that i talk to my parents too much. And one of the reasons why we ended up breaking up was the simple fact that she , in the end, was trying to force me change. For me, someone who loves you and is meant to be for you should accept you for who you are, accept your relationships. Whoever you are meant to be with should Complement your life, not Complicate your life.

I say think positive, stay loving, and Providence will send you someone who is really meant for you. Love comes when you least expect. :)

Thanks for saying that bro...........

At those poem, the meaning of death, is death for worldly desire, and live of another desire which is derived from the love of our God. Understandable based on psychology, we love some thing that can bring worth to us, and we also love someone that is kind and close to us. It is the match in the heart. Which one is dearer to our heart will become another God beside ALLAH, and we become their slave. It is better to be a slave of God only of course. This kind of thing is the principle of Tasawuf/Sufism. Those poem should not be interpreted in term of physical, but rather psychological.

Absolutely agree to this, bro. The verse from At Taubah: 24 speaks the same wisdom from Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

Worldly-mindedness is a common and fatal symptom of hypocrisy, for by no sin can Satan have a surer and faster hold of the soul, under the cloak of a profession of religion. Something the soul will have, which it looks upon as the best thing; in which it has pleasure and confidence above other things. A man may do some service to two masters, but he can devote himself to the service of no more than one. God requires the whole heart, and will not share it with the world. When two masters oppose each other, no man can serve both. He who holds to the world and loves it, must despise God; he who loves God, must give up the friendship of the world.

As believers, our Primary Goal should be to Love God first, second is everything else. And I agree with you, my brother, that no one, or nothing should ever take the primacy of our Love for God.

I've had my own experiences where I placed primacy of relationships or material wealth over God. And lo and behold, none of those two (human relationships or material wealth) have ever remained stable. It is always, has always been GOD that carried me through the storms of my own life. In the end of the day, that's who we should put our trust Always...in GOD, The Most Merciful and Most Compassionate....

Coke over the decades

Attachments

• 1427698202995.jpg
    1427698202995.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 17
Please let me bring these verse to you @Nihonjin1051

(From Quran)

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because among these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

"O you who believe! Be helpers of God -- as Jesus the son of Mary said to the Disciples, 'Who will be my helpers in (the work of) God?' Said the disciples, 'We are God's helpers!' Then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved. But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed" (61:14).

Interesting data

Attachments

• 1427698345608.jpg
    1427698345608.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 18
Please let me bring these verse to you @Nihonjin1051

(From Quran)

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because among these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

"O you who believe! Be helpers of God -- as Jesus the son of Mary said to the Disciples, 'Who will be my helpers in (the work of) God?' Said the disciples, 'We are God's helpers!' Then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved. But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed" (61:14).

Mashallah!

Ma'salam, my brother !

Back
Top Bottom