What's new

Whatever

Ever wondered how to pass a snack to your number two while trying to fly a plane? Well, now you know!

te5ii2f3vwtdt4mhzpdp.gif

i wll get u the snack u get me on a plane :P fair trade :whistle:

:o:... let's see. 1 USD for a Snickers, 65.3M USD (fly-away cost) for the F/A-18E/F

Hmmm, I think I'm getting the worse end of this deal:pissed:!!!

Sorry this doesn't relate, but the posts got merged:

I love mochi—the Japanese cakes made from rice that gets smashed into a gooey, elastic paste. I like all shapes and types, savory or sweet, is one of my favorite things to eat. I know how it is made it but I never saw them doing them by hand. Crazy.

ktpor2khcxgtv3ubvgsq.gif

Another interesting micro story that doesn't need its own thread:

lfaf35mxhluvqh0fh0qd.gif

Japanese creative group Ugoita spices up traditional origami crane figures by adding electromagnets to their feet. The paper cranes stand on a board where the electric currents are applied to make them move and dance like the most awesome boy band I've ever seen.

And finally, this is what I'm doing this weekend at Stafford Airport in Stafford, Virginia (we got snowed on bad!!!):

cvueqdnsm0vsi7fvrzbs.gif

Jamie Barrow is known as Britain's fastest snowboarder, which makes him uniquely qualified to get towed by a 1,200 hp Pilatus PC-12 across the runway of the Engadin Airport in Switzerland.

Barrow, who is on the British Snowboard Cross Team, was towed "Tax The Rich" style near the Swiss resort village of St Moritz, trading in the Ferrari and wakeboard for a turboprop executive transport airplane and a snowboard.

This isn't Jamie's first daredevil stunt. Last year he set the world record for fastest snowboarder towed behind a vehicle at nearly 70 mph. He also set a record for fastest snowboarder propelled by electric jet engines.

Barrow was taxied to the end of the runway by rope, similar to those used in wakeboarding, with only a wooden handle to hold on to. The stunt was originally planned to happen on a frozen lake, but the idea was abandoned due to thin ice.

The plane hit 78 MPH, which is nearly liftoff speed for the Pilatus PC-12 turboprop. Authorities squashed intended attempts to allow the airplane to liftoff with the rider still in tow.

The location and plane were both appropriate for the stunt, with the PC-12 designed to operate out of remote, rugged airstrips common in the mountainous landscape of Switzerland. Pilatus has recently begun testing a similarly capable light jet that has also been seen on similar icy runways in the valley shadowed by the Alps.

In order for Barrow to complete the stunt, a long strip of snow-covered grass running parallel to the runway had to be groomed, but that was it. The airport was still actively arriving and departing traffic during the entire stunt.

*Also, if anyone likes these, I can do a feature on here in the Whatever thread each day. A different micro story that's interesting, but doesn't need its own thread.

Even if you don't like them, I'll still probably post such things:p:.

**UPDATE - I've started a thread in the members section called Micro stories - interesting stuff that doesn't need its own thread!

Last edited:
*Also, if anyone likes these, I can do a feature on here in the Whatever thread each day. A different micro story that's interesting, but doesn't need its own thread.
lol make a thread for these i rather not go thru the whole whatever thread hunting for ur lil origami type pieces.. a thread for all your micro posts
:o:... let's see. 1 USD for a Snickers, 65.3M USD (fly-away cost) for the F/A-18E/F

Hmmm, I think I'm getting the worse end of this deal:pissed:!!!
lol u can always borrow a plane :victory: and i will add another snickers bar just so u do not think your getting the worse off deal:whistle:
I love mochi
@Armstrong where do u get this
I want to try this even though I read it can kill

And finally, this is what I'm doing this weekend at Stafford Airport in Stafford, Virginia (we got snowed on bad!!!):
I hope ur joking :P if not a video is a must :o:

@madokafc

I suspect what you really sell is actually some Military stuff......... 8-)

How is the condition of our military brokers Today..? Still in good condition...?

@madokafc

I suspect what you really sell is actually some Military stuff......... 8-)

How is the condition of our military brokers Today..? Still in good condition...?

need more adjustment and effort to do lobbying and most of us is actually in difficulty to find reliable and capable local parties to bring our offset and Transfer technology scheme....

actually that's why i am doing much online works in military forum, to gather some info and as parts of research effort for my behalf

need more adjustment and effort to do lobbying and most of us is actually in difficulty to find reliable and capable local parties to bring our offset and Transfer technology scheme....

actually that's why i am doing much online works in military forum, to gather some info and as parts of research effort for my behalf

You can export also right....? How about Indian Hawk..? I think our avionics company has so much room there. I am not in any defense related company though, but I really want to have chance someday to really determine our procurement decison, not for the sake of profit though, but merely idealistic intention. I want to make NGO to start, but currently I want to have my business mature before going into that step

You can export also right....? How about Indian Hawk..? I think our avionics company has so much room there. I am not in any defense related company though, but I really want to have chance someday to really determine our procurement decison, not for the sake of profit though, but merely idealistic intention. I want to make NGO to start, but currently I want to have my business mature before going into that step

Currently i am working for some firm, and surely not for the company who own Hawk design and that's all i can said for now about my work :p:

Currently i am working for some firm, and surely not for the company who own Hawk design and that's all i can said for now about my work :p:

Well, many Hawk supplier is not in business anymore, and our companies can make awesome avionics for upgrading Hawk fighters. I though as a freelancer you have more options. It is nice to talk to you though. I hope someday I will be able to know who you really are :-)

Is that really you in older avatar ? Feminine girl I think :partay:

Don't be surprised!!
He was always under the radar...thats what I was told.

Please do not miscoonstrue what I am saying, but I find the amount of attention and behind the scenes follow-up and unsolicited pulls to the Whatever thread by a lady of advanced years more than a bit disconcerting ...... creepy actually.

@Zebra @Color_Less_Sky

Back
Top Bottom