What's new

Whatever

Kissi din lil bro I am gonna catch you for this :coffee:
Reminds of of an old Bollywood song "catch me if you can" ............... i have a thing.If i have encountered something,anything i can't forget it.So don't be surprised that i know this song.

image.jpg

Regrettably, your inclination is most probably correct, though it's the other way around. Weasels, the furry animal, are known to prey upon birds, that's what is happening here... most likely:

From Yes, This Is A Photo Of A Weasel 'Riding' A Woodpecker In Flight

Pretty much what it says on the tin, folks. Although, the weasel is not so much riding the bird as it is, probably, trying to kill and eat it. In any case, the photo is amazing. And while we're no photo-manipulation experts, we're inclined to say it's real.

Photographer Martin Le-May told ITV News he was on a walk with his wife when he heard the "distressed squawking" of a woodpecker:

...I saw that flash of green. So hurriedly I pointed out to Ann the bird and it settled into the grass behind a couple of small silver birch trees. Both of us trained our binoculars and it occurred that the woodpecker was unnaturally hopping about like it was treading on a hot surface. Lots of wing flapping showing that gloriously yellow/white colour interspersed with the flash of red head feathers. Just after I switched from my binoculars to my camera the bird flew across us and slightly in our direction; suddenly it was obvious it had a small mammal on its back and this was a struggle for life.

The woodpecker landed in front of us and I feared the worst. I guess though our presence, maybe 25 metres away, momentarily distracted the weasel. The woodpecker seized the opportunity and flew up and away into some bushes away to our left. Quickly the bird gathered its self respect and flew up into the trees and away from our sight.

@jamahir @WAJsal - here's your answer to the question "what is happening/is that"

brrr... somehow this ending is somehow more frightening... i don't know much about weasels and i certainly didn't think of them as bird killers.

standing like a meekat but...

long-tailed-weasel-0300.jpg

deadly teeth...

256833910_dc5e794df2.jpg

by the way, i didn't receive alert for your tagging of me.

But this means that I can't visit @SvenSvensonov ever ! :(

I am allergic to so much animal hair ! :cry:

Non-sense!!! I too am allergic to dogs, and cats, and criticism, but she and her breed are hypoallergenic. Both their saliva and hair are non-irritating for people, like you and I, who have allergies:yahoo:.

The Native American Indian Dog is a hypoallergenic large breed dog.

The first line from this article

Native American Indian Dogs - Native Sky Kennel

@SvenSvensonov ,

I have an 18 week old Jack-a-Poo. Her name is Katya. :)

Pictures:yahoo:? If you can't I understand. I had to get mine while she was tired, not a very photogenic animal:mad:. Animals seem to always move right as you are taking the picture.

Katya? Russian? Japanese... I'm thinking Russian. Reason, did you name her?

And 25 lb weight max:o:!!! That's tiny. My dog's head weighs more than that.

Beautiful!!!! :)

Like my very tacky leopard print box? I keep my stapler in it for when I work from home:lol:.

@SvenSvensonov ,

I have an 18 week old Jack-a-Poo. Her name is Katya. :)

18 weeks old? Hehehe... I neeeeed pictures:smitten:.

Last edited:
Pictures:yahoo:? If you can't I understand. I had to get mine while she was tired, not a very photogenic animal:mad:. Animals seem to always move right as you are taking the picture.

Katya? Russian? Japanese... I'm thinking Russian. Reason, did you name her?

And 25 lb weight max:o:!!! That's tiny. My dog's head weighs more than that.

I'll post a picture of Katya when i get the chance to take a good shot. She's really tiny, tho. Her mom is a black Jack Russel Terrier and she's 10 lbs, whereas her dad is a white miniature poodle who's 15-18 lbs. I'm expecting Katya to grow up to 10-15 lbs. :)

I'm trying to train her to tone it down on the separation anxiety. :p:

PS. Katya is a Russian name, its the Russian form of Catherine. ;)

Like my very tacky leopard print box? I keep my stapler in it for when I work from home:lol:.

LOL!

Sexy design , buddy... :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::D

Back
Top Bottom