What's new

Whatever

Don't know dude. Sorry. Think about it, never heard ami ka mulk or abu ka mulk, all I ever heard was it's Jinnah's Pakistan. Perhaps, Jinnahabad then (but that is wrong is so many ways)? :cheesy:

@Armstrong @RazPaK @Hyperion

Random question guys, is Pakistan considered the fatherland or the motherland and how would one say that in Urdu?

@Armstrong @RazPaK @Hyperion

Random question guys, is Pakistan considered the fatherland or the motherland and how would one say that in Urdu?

Either of those two terms is a Western construct; I don't think anyone calls it that here !

However you do hear people saying that 'Yeh matiii hamariii maaa hai' as in 'This land is our Mother' and that probably is the closest expression people use.

Though I do remember hearing the expression 'Watan-Maa' which may roughly translate to 'Motherland' once or twice !

Either of those two terms is a Western construct; I don't think anyone calls it that here !

However you do hear people saying that 'Yeh matiii hamariii maaa hai' as in 'This land is our Mother' and that probably is the closest expression people use.

Though I do remember hearing the expression 'Watan-Maa' which may roughly translate to 'Motherland' once or twice !

I ask because I read somewhere WatanWaliid and it translated to Fatherland, also on fatherland wiki they say Pakistanis use fatherland but it only shows vatan which is obviously wrong.

Back
Top Bottom