What's new

Whatever

@waz that is because we have sense!

U.S and Australia and Canada > U.K :D

Kidding bhai U.K is awesome.

Ah, no way bro. The UK rocks.

@waz
Nah bro. The real reason is the work involved by Pakistanis of AJK involve less intellectually taxing measures. Too bad Chartered accountancy courses don't teach you to balance that ledger Am I right @waz :D

the more cutting edge places like silicon valley and tech fields require more intellectually impressive specimens :coffee:

@Armstrong @waz I am joking around :D

Ha, but I left financial services, now I teach hehehe. That's as intellectual as anything! 8-)

Ah, no way bro. The UK rocks.

Ha, but I left financial services, now I teach hehehe. That's as intellectual as anything! 8-)

Heard that Modi broke off talks with Pakistan. Ad after coming to power, I don't think he hardly gave any interviews either.

I think his inexperience is showing.

Lol, and who might that be? :angry:
Waz Bhai eik cheeez tou batain - How well is the ACA Qualification suited for a career in Corporate Finance/Treasury Management ? Which is to say do ACAs serve in that capacity ?

Heard that Modi broke off talks with Pakistan. Ad after coming to power, I don't think he hardly gave any interviews either.

I think his inexperience is showing.

Yah, but then he has to show he means business. I say give it a while, things will be back to normal.

Waz Bhai eik cheeez tou batain - How well is the ACA Qualification suited for a career in Corporate Finance/Treasury Management ? Which is to say do ACAs serve in that capacity ?

ACA is a passport to the higher end jobs. If you strictly want to go down the road of management accounting, the do CIMA.

In a nutshell bro:

ACA: external audit/financial accounting ACCA: internal audit CIMA: managment accounting

The tarting salary for ACA is relatively lower than that of CIMA. As far as I know, the Big four's (except E&Y who offers ICAS) starting salary for ACA here in London is around 27K/yr, whereas starting salary at investment banks who offer CIMA is around 35K/yr. ACA qualified accountants tend to earn more than CIMA qualified accountants. I would recommend that you ask yourself a question - do you like financial accounting or managment accounting. If you prefer financial accounting, then ACA is the best choice. Accordingly, if you are more comfortable with management accounting, then CIMA is the one that you should choose.

Last edited:
ACA is a passport to the higher end jobs. If you strictly want to go down the road of management accounting, the do CIMA.

In a nutshell bro:

ACA: external audit/financial accounting ACCA: internal audit CIMA: managment accounting

The tarting salary for ACA is relatively lower than that of CIMA. As far as I know, the Big four's (except E&Y who offers ICAS) starting salary for ACA here in London is around 27K/yr, whereas starting salary at investment banks who offer CIMA is around 35K/yr. ACA qualified accountants tend to earn more than CIMA qualified accountants. I would recommend that you ask yourself a question - do you like financial accounting or managment accounting. If you prefer financial accounting, then ACA is the best choice. Accordingly, if you are more comfortable with management accounting, then CIMA is the one that you should choose.

Waz Bhai I HATE Financial Accounting....I literally, incontrovertibly hate it....sitting through the classes for F3, F7 & P2 - All Financial Accounting oriented papers in ACCA - almost made me puke my guts out....thats how much I dislike Financial Accounting ! :bad:

Heck I remember that I used to be attending F7 classes on the 4th floor of a building & at the end of the 1.5 hour class....I was literally like - If the teacher doesn't stop with these Debits & these Credits I'm gonna jump out of the window ! :ashamed:

I really.....really.....reallllllllly HATE it ! :angry:

But Management Accounting on the other hand is something that I like quite a lot ! :kiss3:

I like the fact that in Management Accounting the numbers are a means to an end & not the end themselves in the sense that I can use them to make 'decisions' instead of jumping up & down like a lunatic (as some of my friends did) whenever they were able to balance a Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position) ! :D

I'm equally quite fond of Financial Management !

Though I don't know if there are that many Management Accounting or Financial Management oriented jobs out there because frankly here in Pakistan I've bumped into everyone from top firm Partners to CFOs of pretty darn large companies here & most of them were in unison - that Management Accounting doesn't have much of a future here in Pakistan because it doesn't have that kind of upward mobility to it that Financial Accounting does & that you're rarely, if ever, going to end up as the CFO of a company if you start out in Costing !

I dunno what the scene is over there in Britain but if Management Accounting has a future there.....I'd like to get out of the screen & give you a HUG ! :cheers:

Because I love Management Accounting - Its as if there is a compartment in my brain for it where everything fits & everything makes perfect sense....all that Performance Measurement, Budgeting, Costing etc. they come naturally to me but I really....really have to force myself to think when it comes to Financial Accounting !

I made this mistake with Economics before...I was damn good at it....I remember I was watching the Champion's League final at 4 in the morning & then went to the Exam center about 4 hours later without opening the book for the past one week (I had Chemistry to worry about) & I still scored an A on 98 in my A'Levels Economics (without having studied Economics at the O'Levels) !

Not because I was brilliant....God knows I'm dumber than a dodo when it comes to Organic Chemistry or A'Level Physics but Economics....it just came naturally to me....really !

And I so badly wanted to make a career out of Economics but I was scared because everyone I talked to in Pakistan didn't know a single Economist anywhere & so I thought what if I don't end with a job & I abandoned Economics as a Career Choice !

I've regretted that decision ever since.

Management Accounting is something that I feel the same way about....I passed my F2, F5 & P5 Exams (all Management Accounting oriented) with only 3-4 days spent preparing for them & none for the first & the easiest one !

It comes naturally to me & I don't want to make the mistake that I made with Economics so if you could really guide in this Management Accounting thing I'd be deeply indebted to you !

Tell me what I should do ?

In a nutshell bro:

Waz Bhai I HATE Financial Accounting....I literally, incontrovertibly hate it....sitting through the classes for F3, F7 & P2 - All Financial Accounting oriented papers in ACCA - almost made me puke my guts out....thats how much I dislike Financial Accounting ! :bad:

Heck I remember that I used to be attending F7 classes on the 4th floor of a building & at the end of the 1.5 hour class....I was literally like - If the teacher doesn't stop with these Debits & these Credits I'm gonna jump out of the window ! :ashamed:

But Management Accounting on the other hand is something that I like quite a lot ! :kiss3:

I like the fact that in Management Accounting the numbers are a means to an end & not the end themselves in the sense that I can use them to make 'decisions' instead of jumping up & down like a lunatic (as some of my friends did) whenever they were able to balance a Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position) ! :D

Though I don't know if there are that many Management Accounting or Financial Management oriented jobs out there because frankly here in Pakistan I've bumped into everyone from top firm Partners to CFOs of pretty darn large companies here & most of them were in unison - that Management Accounting doesn't have much of a future here in Pakistan because it doesn't have that kind of upward mobility to it that Financial Accounting does & that you're rarely, if ever, going to end up as the CFO of a company if you start out in Costing !

I dunno what the scene is over there in Britain but if Management Accounting has a future there.....I'd like to get out of the screen & give you a HUG ! :cheers:

Because I love Management Accounting - Its as if there is a compartment in my brain for it where everything fits & everything makes perfect sense....all that Performance Measurement, Budgeting, Costing etc. they come naturally to me but I really....really have to force myself to think when it comes to Financial Accounting !

I made this mistake with Economics before...I was damn good at it....I remember I was watching the Champion's League final at 4 in the morning & then went to the Exam center about 4 hours later without opening the book for the past one week (I had Chemistry to worry about) & I still scored an A on 98 in my A'Levels Economics (without having studied Economics at the O'Levels) !

Not because I was brilliant....God knows I'm dumber than a dodo when it comes to Organic Chemistry or A'Level Physics but Economics....it just came naturally to me....really !

And I so badly wanted to make a career out of Economics but I was scared because everyone I talked to in Pakistan didn't know a single Economist anywhere & so I thought what if I don't end with a job & I abandoned Economics as a Career Choice !

Management Accounting is something that I feel the same way about....I passed my F2, F5 & P5 Exams (all Management Accounting oriented) with only 3-4 days spent preparing for them & none for the first & the easiest one !

It comes naturally to me & I don't want to make the mistake that I made with Economics so if you could really guide in this Management Accounting thing I'd be deeply indebted to you !

Bro, go for CIMA then. Like I mentioned before it's all about what you are comfortable with, and yes management accounting her is big. We have the pick of the largest firms here in the UK and they are always scouting for their internal positions. My brother is CIMA qualified and he has no shortage of work and offers from very big firms, mashallah.

Bro, go for CIMA then. Like I mentioned before it's all about what you are comfortable with, and yes management accounting her is big. We have the pick of the largest firms here in the UK and they are always scouting for their internal positions. My brother is CIMA qualified and he has no shortage of work and offers from very big firms, mashallah.

Waz Bhai I've been thanking all your posts (or at least most of them) but you didn't even thank one of mine - Manaa keh mein Butt huuun aur aaap Khawaja Asif keh cousin hain purrr itnaaa parayoon walaa salooook ? :cry:

So what do you recommend ? MSc in Accounting & Finance with a CIMA - Would that work ?

Waz Bhai I've been thanking all your posts (or at least most of them) but you didn't even thank one of mine - Manaa keh mein Butt huuun aur aaap Khawaja Asif keh cousin hain purrr itnaaa parayoon walaa salooook ? :cry:

So what do you recommend ? MSc in Accounting & Finance with a CIMA - Would that work ?

Sorry bro, I'm watching so many threads and at times I forget to thank folks. Check now.

Yes, that would be a great combination. Now get going.

When you come to the UK, your first meal out will be on me bro.

Sorry bro, I'm watching so many threads and at times I forget to thank folks. Check now.

When you come to the UK, your first meal out will be on me bro.

Thank You ! :)

And likewise when you come to Pakistan your first meal will be on me ! :cheers:

Waisee Waz Bhai you're worked in the Accounting & Finance profession there in the UK - Please tell me something about Management Accounting careers over there !

And I want a detailed answer ! :mad:

(1) What are the qualifications required for an entry level position in a Management Accounting oriented job ?

(2) What kind of Management Accounting jobs are there in the UK ?

(3) What skill-set is required to be more employable in Management Accounting ?

(4) Why is Manchester United still allowed to function as a club & Old Trafford hasn't been torn down - I'm a Liverpool F.C fan ! :smokin:

(5) And repeat after me - The Founding Fathers of Financial Accounting must have been Sociopaths hence why they created such an utterly boring & torturous thing ! :unsure:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom