What's new

Whatever

Yay! your internet is back. Now we can continue our intellectual conversations.....

about something.

btw, saw a documentary on the Snow Leopard. Such a beautiful creature. And what a skillful hunter it is too, catching it's prey on mountain ledges and steep slopes.

I'm not still back on my fibre-optic connection, and have to do with this poor substitute. But we can continue our conversations bro.

Which documentary did you see, was it the one set in Pakistan's Northern Areas? The Snow Leopard is one of a kind. I can't think of any cat that uses such skill in hunting. I saw one jump down, 40 feet onto the back of a goat and take its neck. Such a treasure we have among Pakistan, India, Nepal, Afghanistan and China.

I'm not still back on my fibre-optic connection, and have to do with this poor substitute. But we can continue our conversations bro.

Which documentary did you see, was it the one set in Pakistan's Northern Areas? The Snow Leopard is one of a kind. I can't think of any cat that uses such skill in hunting. I saw one jump down, 40 feet onto the back of a goat and take its neck. Such a treasure we have among Pakistan, India, Nepal, Afghanistan and China.

Yaaar Waaaz Bhai, you're in the teaching profession so can you please answer a couple of questions for me:

(1) How good is the University of Derby ?

(2) Is it possible for Pakistanis to get a job in accounting & finance related areas in the UK ?

(3) What is the quickest way to a sweet English Lady's heart ? :D

Yaaar Waaaz Bhai, you're in the teaching profession so can you please answer a couple of questions for me:

(1) How good is the University of Derby ?

(2) Is it possible for Pakistanis to get a job in accounting & finance related areas in the UK ?

(3) What is the quickest way to a sweet English Lady's heart ? :D

Ah, Armstrong my young brother I'm ok, how are you?

1. It's an average university bro, and a degree from there would be worthwhile.

University league table 2015 - the complete list | Education | theguardian.com

2. Yes it is, very easily. I'm ACA qualified and worked as a senior auditor before I became a teacher. Lots of well qualified Pakistanis and Indians work in finance. You need great English though.

3. The quickest way, just talk to her about everything and anything. English girls like interesting people. It helps if you have good musical taste, like adventure and so on. They are quite wacky and you need a similar personality type.

Ah, Armstrong my young brother I'm ok, how are you?

1. It's an average university bro, and a degree from there would be worthwhile.

University league table 2015 - the complete list | Education | theguardian.com

2. Yes it is, very easily. I'm ACA qualified and worked as a senior auditor before I became a teacher. Lots of well qualified Pakistanis and Indians work in finance. You need great English though.

3. The quickest way, just talk to her about everything and anything. English girls like interesting people. It helps if you have good musical taste, like adventure and so on. They are quite wacky and you need a similar personality type.

I'm okay ! :)

2. The foOk - So we're not only Kashmiris....we're also Bloody Accountants ! :o:

I'm an ACCA Affiliate - I've worked as an auditor for some time....I liked Finance (Financial Management) more but I can't seem to find a Finance related opening in Lahore ! :(

I'm currently working for a big organization here in Lahore in their 'Corporate Finance' department & underneath that 'Corporate Finance' thing they have me performing Internal Audit ! :crazy:

1. I was thinking of going for Derby's Msc in Accounting & Finance to top up the ACCA & the BSc (Hon) Applied Accounting that I have but I can't seem to figure out whether a Graduate degree from Derby would be worth it or not ?

Its not as horrendously expensive as others are (Pound Darakhtooon pei nahin uuugteiii :ashamed: ) but at 26 in the UK for Accounting & Finance (as per Guardian's 2015 rankings) it ain't that bad either !

I just can't seem to make up my mind though !

3. Ahhhh so our Bhabi is an English Lady ! :D

4. Waz Bhai do you think an ICAEW (ACA) enables one for a potential career in Corporate Finance or Financial Management in the UK ?

And what kind of reception would I - as a Pakistani - would be looking at were I to apply for work in the UK after getting an MSc degree from Derby ?

I'm okay ! :)

2. The foOk - So we're not only Kashmiris....we're also Bloody Accountants ! :o:

I'm an ACCA Affiliate - I've worked as an auditor for some time....I liked Finance (Financial Management) more but I can't seem to get a Finance related opening in Lahore ! :(

1. I was thinking of going for Derby's Msc in Accounting & Finance to top up the ACCA & the BSc (Hon) Applied Accounting that I have but I can't seem to figure out whether a Graduate degree from Derby would be worth it or not ?

Its not as horrendously expensive as others are (Pound Darakhtooon pei nahin uuugteiii :ashamed: ) but at 26 in the UK for Accounting & Finance (as per Guardian's 2015 rankings) it ain't that bad either !

I just can't seem to make up my mind though !

3. Ahhhh so our Bhabi is an English Lady ! :D

4. Waz Bhai do you think an ICAEW (ACA) enables one for a potential career in Corporate Finance or Financial Management in the UK ?

And what kind of reception would I - as a Pakistani - would be looking at were I to apply for work in the UK after getting an MSc degree from Derby ?

We have a lot in common bro haha.

If you can't get an opening travel! Either within Pakistan or out. You need to keep your CV going i.e. not gaps. The gaps will be exposed and used against you.

Are you able to apply to other institutions other than Derby? Could you give me a list? Trust me bro, sometimes the expense is well worth it.

Ha, bhabi is still of Pakistani decent....

As for the qualification giving you a break, yes it will. Even being part qualified makes employers open their eyes.

We have a lot in common bro haha.

If you can't get an opening travel! Either within Pakistan or out. You need to keep your CV going i.e. not gaps. The gaps will be exposed and used against you.

Are you able to apply to other institutions other than Derby? Could you give me a list? Trust me bro, sometimes the expense is well worth it.

Ha, bhabi is still of Pakistani decent....

As for the qualification giving you a break, yes it will. Even being part qualified makes employers open their eyes.

In that case:

(1) I'm sure I can apply to others as well but I got a approval from Derby so I thought they say that as much of 96% of their graduates go for further studies or job 6 months after graduating (they quote some Government Employment Statistics Body) & according to both Guardian & Telegraph they were amongst the top 10 most employable universities in the UK so I thought maybe that'll be a good bet otherwise I can look into other Universities as well !

And I've got a buddy who graduated from Southhampton & he had trouble finding a job initially (Chemical Engineering) because whereas the University was academically highly rated....it wasn't that good on the employibility front...!

So thats what was going through my mind !

(2) There are a few gaps in my CV ! :(

I've interned for a leading bank as a Banking Intern, an international audit firm as a Business & Assurance Services Trainee, a leading English newspaper in an Editorial Capacity & a multinational organization as a Finance Intern but then I've also had 1 or 2....6 months where I just rested - I hope those 6 months don't go against me ! :hitwall:

(3) Yaaar Waz Bhai how does this ICAEW thing work....I mean as an ACCA I can get 13 of 15 exemptions from their Exams but I can't seem to figure out how to register with them ?

Isn't one supposed to be an Intern or something at one of their approved employers before one can register with them or can I register anyhow....claim the exemptions even now ?

In that case:

(1) I'm sure I can apply to others as well but I got a approval from Derby so I thought they say that as much of 96% of their graduates go for further studies or job 6 months after graduating (they quote some Government Employment Statistics Body) & according to both Guardian & Telegraph they were amongst the top 10 most employable universities in the UK so I thought maybe that'll be a good bet otherwise I can look into other Universities as well !

And I've got a buddy who graduated from Southhampton & he had trouble finding a job initially (Chemical Engineering) because whereas the University was academically highly rated....it wasn't that good on the employibility front...!

So thats what was going through my mind !

(2) There are a few gaps in my CV ! :(

I've interned for a leading bank as a Banking Intern, an international audit firm as a Business & Assurance Services Trainee, a leading English newspaper in an Editorial Capacity & a multinational organization as a Finance Intern but then I've also had 1 or 2....6 months where I just rested - I hope those 6 months don't go against me ! :hitwall:

(3) Yaaar Waz Bhai how does this ICAEW thing work....I mean as an ACCA I can get 13 of 15 exemptions from their Exams but I can't seem to figure out how to register with them ?

Isn't one supposed to be an Intern or something at one of their approved employers before one can register with them or can I register anyhow....claim the exemptions even now ?

1. Bro, you can get a table for anything. Yes it is a decent university, but there are many others that are far better. Generally any institution within the "Russell Group" of universities is prestigious. A finance related degree from any of these universities, is better than a degree from an institution far further down on the rankings, but has a respectable "subject list place" or a "employment statistic" rank. Look at other places please.

Your buddy was sadly looking for engineering jobs in an economy that doesn't have as much scope for the sector.Manufacturing isn't strong in the UK , and engineering has taken a big hit in recent years. Yes you have the likes of Rolls Royce, BAE and so forth but he was better off going to Germany, the Netherlands etc, where his skill would have been appreciated.

2. If there are gaps, fill them with charity work, voluntary work (especially in rural education), or even traveling. As long as you can explain you have been productive.

3. You regiester your exemptions by sending your passes to them direct. Contact them by phone or email them. You can claim the exemptions regardless, you don't need to be an intern. They do encourage you to find work though.

1. Bro, you can get a table for anything. Yes it is a decent university, but there are many others that are far better. Generally any institution within the "Russell Group" of universities is prestigious. A finance related degree from any of these universities, is better than a degree from an institution far further down on the rankings, but has a respectable "subject list place" or a "employment statistic" rank. Look at other places please.

Your buddy was sadly looking for engineering jobs in an economy that doesn't have as much scope for the sector.Manufacturing isn't strong in the UK , and engineering has taken a big hit in recent years. Yes you have the likes of Rolls Royce, BAE and so forth but he was better off going to Germany, the Netherlands etc, where his skill would have been appreciated.

2. If there are gaps, fill them with charity work, voluntary work (especially in rural education), or even traveling. As long as you can explain you have been productive.

3. You regiester your exemptions by sending your passes to them direct. Contact them by phone or email them. You can claim the exemptions regardless, you don't need to be an intern. They do encourage you to find work though.

Yaaar some of those Universities in the Russell Group are well down the table in Guardian's 2015 ranking for 'Accounting & Finance' ! :unsure:

Yaaar some of those Universities in the Russell Group are well down the table in Guardian's 2015 ranking for 'Accounting & Finance' ! :unsure:

Bro, Warwick, LSE, Queen Mary are not low ranked. Lancaster and Bath are great to, but not Russell group.

Last edited:
Bro, Warwick, LSE, Queen Mar are not low ranked. Lancaster and Bath are great to, but not Russell group.

They're also out of my Budget ! :(

And most of them don't rank that highly in terms of Employability either; I dunno Waz Bhai I'm confused ! :unsure:

On one hand some of these Universities rank high on the academic front whereas on the other hand even a low ranked University like Robert Gordon has the highest employability for its students ! RGU graduates come top with employers | July 2013 | Robert Gordon University News

In addition to that I'm also hearing people say 'UK has a one year Masters program' whereas other countries have a 2 year Masters Program - Maybe a UK Master's isn't worth it ? :undecided:

Waisee what exactly do you teach ? :what:

It better not be Financial Accounting ! :mad:

They're also out of my Budget ! :(

And most of them don't rank that highly in terms of Employability either; I dunno Waz Bhai I'm confused ! :unsure:

On one hand some of these Universities rank high on the academic front whereas on the other hand even a low ranked University like Robert Gordon has the highest employability for its students ! RGU graduates come top with employers | July 2013 | Robert Gordon University News

In addition to that I'm also hearing people say 'UK has a one year Masters program' whereas other countries have a 2 year Masters Program - Maybe a UK Master's isn't worth it ? :undecided:

Waisee what exactly do you teach ? :what:

It better not be Financial Accounting ! :mad:

Leave the employability ranking aside bro, it is nonsense. A good degree from the above institutions is worth its weight in gold. If they are out of your budget, then that is a different thing.

Masters can be done in a year, especially if you are a full-time student. Our higher education is the best in the world, bar the US, which is on equal terms as us.

I teach Economics and Maths.

Waz "bhai", are you "koshur" of zetaboards anthroforum?

No bro, I'm not.

Leave the employability ranking aside bro, it is nonsense. A good degree from the above institutions is worth its weight in gold. If they are out of your budget, then that is a different thing.

Okay ! :(

But are you implying that getting a Graduate degree from some place like Derby would be sh*t & I shouldn't keep high hopes for getting a decent job afterwards ?

I teach Economics and Maths.

I love Economics ! :kiss3:

God sent Adam Smith & then he sent me ! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom