What's new

Whatever

My morning can't start without a cup of chai and taking a walk out side to smoke.

It has been six years since i started smoking. I was 15 fifteen when i started. couldn't smoke in my room so i used to take a walk outside. I still smoke outdoors even these days when the temperature is -1/2 C cuz i can't enjoy it inside.

So for me, old habits don't die at all :D

:o::o::o:

Mind you, I don't smoke because I am a Fitness zealot. So I don't smoke because of that.

Chai, I can get behind that.

Was celebrating Khobragade's return with coke when I saw that video.
Meri celebration pe coke pher diya :(

I have imposed a blackout on that story.

The whole news just infuriates me for some reason.

Death by sweet tooth apparently..
I have 30sweet TEETH:D
And I Am not an addict as in I dont drink those fizzy drinks regularly but yeah on weekends I dont "avoid" it.:angel:
RAMPAGE said:
So for me, old habits don't die at all
Rampiii:disagree:

The whole news just infuriates me for some reason.
Which side are you on Indian??? American??

:o::o::o:

Mind you, I don't smoke because I am a Fitness zealot. So I don't smoke because of that.

Chai, I can get behind that.
You know what else can ruin your perfectly shaped body :whistle: ???

I have 30sweet TEETH:D
And I Am not an addict as in I dont drink those fizzy drinks regularly but yeah on weekends I dont "avoid" it.:angel:

Rampiii:disagree:
Kia hua ???

RAMPAGE said:
Kia hua ???
Baby I dont want to scare you....but its not good for your health.I am sure you knew it.

image.jpg

@Alpha1 I hope you understand my reply. If you don't, do let me know. I'll write it here in english.
PS: You ain't bad..don't know what's wrong with everyone on PDF.... Why am I so misunderstood?
Do tell me the translation, althogh i did understand some words :)
Which time zone you are in?

Pakistan time :P
@Alpha1
I was shocked to see this.I knew there was about 35gms of sugar in a can but 23sachets in one cup shocked me.
Me and my addiction of coke ends here.:(

NEWSNIGHT: Paxman shows Coca Cola boss how much sugar is in a supersize cup Coke
I hate coke , pepsi :sick: I don't like the taste and also because it's not healthy
I prefer 7up, sprite, Lemon/Peach Malt 8-)

Collected:

Conscience Will / Desire

If you look at animals, they can communicate, they can eat and drink. They are created for this world only. The only thing they lack is a conscience will, a desire to do something.
An animal eats when it is hungry, and sleeps when it is tired. A human being has been given an extra facet of intelligence. When we eat, we eat the food that we enjoy, we taste the food. Sometimes, we eat when we are not hungry, we laugh, we joke, we have friends, we study we learn, we have hobbies, we create. These are all characteristics that make us different from other animals.

Emotions
We also have emotions which animals do not share. On the positive side, we have emotions such as compassion, sympathy, consideration, loyalty, friendship. On the negative side, we have jealousy, greed, hatred, enmity, deceitfulness.
This shows us that man cannot be judged or compared to other creatures on the planet. If he uses his emotions of compassion and friendship than he can be the best of all the creatures, if he lets himself become mean and greedy, selfish and jealous, than he becomes the worst creature on the planet, because even the animals do not have these emotions.

Collected:

Mankind has the ability to extrapolate and synthesize thought. This means to start of with a piece of information, and make conclusions, based on other pieces of information. Mankind has the ability to communicate in a social way, to interact and to laugh. Laughing is a very human characteristic, and according to many philosophers, is a fundamental difference between Man and Animal.
The result is that man is unlike the rest of creation. He has something extra that cannot be explained by science, can not be explained by evolution, can not be explained by any theory at all EXCEPT by religion and belief.

Collected:

When we are lost in the forest, we use a compass to find something that we cannot see. The compass follows a magnetic field which cannot be sensed with our eyes, ears, touch, taste or smell. Even then we know the field exists, because the compass points to it. Well there is another force, a light which flows through every object, every stone, tree, leaf. That is the Light of Allah, the light that keeps everything existing. Allah wants us to discover this light and to realise how great it is.
The tools we have been given for this search is our soul, our heart. Our soul is receptive to this light of Allah, the same way a compass can guide towards a magnetic field. We have to open our hearts to the world around us, and then follow the path which it takes us through.
Whenever we do something, we get a feeling which is deep down inside us, which tells us whether that action is taking us towards Allah or away.
This feeling is provided by our conscience. If you do something Haraam, then stop for a second and think, you will feel a small tugging feeling that will try and pull you back toward the right path, the more you listen to this the stronger this sensation will become until your thoughts themselves become pure. In the same way, the less you listen to this conscience, the weaker it will get, until a stage comes when you will not even hear it when it is trying to tell you something. That is the day Shaitan will jump up and down with glee, because he will have gained a new follower.

Collected:
One point about this Universe is that everything has been created in pairs, each has its opposite. There is black and white, strong and weak, good and bad, heaven and hell. Inside of man there are also these pairs. For every good emotion that takes man towards Allah, there is an evil emotion which will take him away. Allah has given man the ability to judge between right and wrong. To make matters easier, to every single group of people Allah sent a Warner, to show the way towards him, so that on the day of Judgment people could not say, "We did not know, we were unaware". All we have to do is choose which way we want to follow.

There is one main reason why this simple choice between good and evil is made difficult.
Man forgets easily. Man always thinks of the present and leaves the future to sort itself out. If you want to do something Haraam, the pleasure is immediate.

If you want to steal then you receive the goods immediately. If you obtain power, then you can control others at once. If you want to eat Haraam, then the pleasure of eating is there as soon as you swallow the food. If you have a sexual desire, then you can satisfy it as soon as you commit the act. However, when you want to do something good then the rewards are not immediate, they come later. The same way when you study, the rewards come after you have finished your exams and you are shown the results. When you plant a seed, it will be many years before the tree matures, and you taste the fruit. Well, the reward for the good deeds you perform are not only physical such as the pleasure of the bad deeds. You do not get money for helping someone, nor do you feed your hunger by fasting. So when a human being has a choice, if he is ignorant and cares nothing for the next life, then he will make the choice that will benefit him immediately.

Collected:

People argue that punishment is unfair and unjust, and that only an uncaring god punishes his creatures. Such people should try to understand the following.
if a person harms others then it is fair that he is punished
if there are two people, one who puts in effort to do good, and one who does not, is it fair that both people are rewarded equally, or that both are punished equally?
if you are warned of a danger, and you do not heed the warning, fully aware of the consequences than it is your own fault that you have to bear the consequences.

Allah has given the chance for us to repent, if we do so sincerely, but a person who disbelieves and commits acts which hurt others until his dying breath can not expect to be forgiven, especially when he did not even request forgiveness.

Collected:

Below are a list of the prohibited acts (Gunahe Kabira) in Islam:
1. Polytheistic belief
2. To lose hope of receiving any mercy from Allah
3. To completely disregard God's punishment
4. To disrespect one's parents
5. To commit murder, adultery and fornication
6. To accuse a chaste woman of unchastity (fornication or adultery)
7. To take the property of orphans by force
8. To run away from the armed forces
9. To take illegal interest in trade
10. To have sexual relations beyond the limit of marriage, sexual enjoyment through homo-sexuality, masturbation or lesbianism
11. To use magic
12. To swear falsely by the names of Allah (God) or to use his names in vain
13. To ignore the payment of religious dues (Zakat, Khums)
14. To testify falsely against others
15. To drink intoxicating liquors
16. To give up daily prayers or any other religious obligations
17. To break one's promise
18. To disregard one's family (rejecting them , avoiding them, not showing enough love and affection towards them or not doing them the favours that one is supposed to do)
19. To become a resident of a place where one may lose his religion
20. To Steal
21. To ascribe false statement to Allah or to any of his apostles
22. To Lie
23. To deny or hide Allah's revelations or miracles
24. To eat the flesh of dead animals, blood, pork or an animal that is slaughtered without being consecrated with the name of Allah, or is not slaughtered according to the prescribed rules.
25. To Gamble
26. To make ones living from filthy and un-Islamic ways such as money obtained from the selling of wines or any other intoxicating liquors, the money from illegal interest in trade, accepting or giving money in bribery, receiving salary for witchcraft or magic, receiving money from an unjust government, the wages for singing, the sale of prohibited things as a means to earn one's living such as the instruments of games as chess, backgammon or other instruments used for gambling, making statues of animals or human beings.
27. To give less than due measure in business transactions
28. Not to pay one's debts when one has the means and the payment is due
29. To display haughtiness and pride.
30. To be a spend-thrift (Extravagant, spend lavishly)
31. To act proudly and boastfully.
32. To ignore a pilgrimage or abandoning it when it is due.
33. To fight a divine leader
34. To get involved in an un-Islamic business such as singing for fun, playing guitar, dancing just for enjoyment and other useless acts.
35. To persist in minor sins
36. To back-bite ( to talk bad behind other's back about things which they dislike)
37. To accuse someone of fault or a defect
38. To abuse or hurt a believer
39. To be a slanderer, causing discord, schism among people
40. To become a pimp
41. To defraud the believers
42. To belittle one's sins
43. To be a hypocrite
44. To use picture, statues to represent Allah

Last edited:
Collected:

HAPPY FAMILY LIFE
Charity begins at home. The most important part of charity is that time of yours which you give in aid of others. So before you rush off to make the world a better place, stop, think, and spend a bit more time at home.
The family is the unit, the building block of any society. If you have a pile of bricks on top of each other, and you damage the bottom one, the whole wall will come tumbling down.
Similarly, if you start damaging the families in a society, it will not be long before the society begins to disintegrate around you. This is what we are witnessing in the modern era of the 21st century.
This topic can be discussed from so many angles, but I think what is necessary in today's society is simply understanding the natural feelings that should be present to make the family strong and secure so that those within it will be safe from the destructive influences outside. Friends have often said, that the west is too corrupt, our children have no chance being brought up is such a permissive, devalued, uncaring world. The argument against is that if a family can teach values and morals to its children, and show them how to recognise virtues and how to shun evil, then no evil however great can overcome them. That is why Islam has emphasised family unity and careful upbringing of the children.
Before we discuss the way to a happy family life, let us just mention some of the benefits of a family.
• It is a stable environment for the upbringing of a child.
• It teaches a child how to behave how to recognise the difference between right and wrong in the first years of its life.
• It provides companionship for husband and wife, so that they can rely on each other and trust in each other.
• All members of the family can trust each other and share the same goals.
These are just some of the benefits of being in a family.
A sensible and well balanced family system is the very foundation of a happy life.
The question is how do we make a family happy?
It all comes down to CONSIDERATION. This word is so easy to say, but means so much. With consideration and respect, then almost all those things which could cause unhappiness are avoided.
Think for a moment. In your family, the last time you were unhappy was it not because you felt that no one is trying to understand your feelings, or that you wished people would look at things from your point of view. There you are then!
If you think of the needs of others, brothers, sisters and parents, then the chances are that you will never be in their "bad books".
Of course in any relationship there must be a two way flow. Things will not work if one party does all the giving, and the other does all the taking.
It is also important to be able to talk. A large percentage of family problems occur because people feel bad, and they hold it within. Then it builds up and then one day "B A N G ! !". It all comes out, and there goes the family. Anger and frustration all spilled out breaks a bond that took years to build. Therefore you must be able to talk with your parents and your brothers and sisters about any problems.
Only by identifying these problems and removing them can you move forward.
It is not wealth which makes a family happy. Nor is it fame or fortune, or clothes or cars..... It is love.
The love that the family shares should be the glue that holds it together.
The happy family is one where each brother/sister knows that the rest of the family is behind them and is there to help whenever the need arises.

Collected:

LIES VS HONESTY
To lie means to say something that you know is wrong on purpose.
We all know that lying is a great sin. The unfortunate point is that we do not realise how often we are doing it.
Our Sixth Imam (A) said that it is more difficult to repent for many small sins than for one big sin. Remember the story of the two men who came to Imam (A) to repent for their sins.
Prophet Muhammad (S) has said:
"Leave falsehood and make speaking the truth a habit."
"If a person has a habit of speaking lies, he is a hypocrite until he rids himself of the habit."
"A person who is not honest cannot have a perfect and strong faith".
To lie is haraam since you are deceiving others. There are many reasons why people lie, some of them are,
a. as an excuse to get yourself out of trouble,
b. to cheat somebody out of something you want,
c. to get someone else into trouble.
As you can see, all the above reasons are sinister. If you have done something which will to trouble, then you should face it, and not lie your way out of it because that is being very irresponsible.
Qur'an also tells us not to lie,
2:42 » And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when you know (what it is).
Prophet Muhammad (S) has also said:
"Beware of association with the liar for he is like a mirage which draws the far one nearer to you and the nearer far from you."
If someone entrusts something to you, you should be truthful and return it back to him when it is asked for. It does not matter what the value of the item is, it does not even matter if the person is your enemy.
Imam Ja'far as Sadiq (A) says:
"Whenever a person entrusts anything to you do not commit breach of trust, although that person may be (the worst person on earth like) the murder of Imam Hussein (A).
"If the murderer of Imam Ali (A) entrusts his sword to me and I accept the trust I shall not misappropriate it and shall return it to him as and when he asks for it".
What does this show. If you accept something into your trust, you must preserve your honour by holding true to your word. If you do not like the person, or feel something wrong will result, then do not accept the trust, but once you have given your word, you are bound by it.
And on another occasion he says to one of his companions:
"I recommend two things to you: one of them is truthfulness and the other is honesty, for these two are the key to sustenance."
If you make the habit of lying, then you will lie very often without realising. You will lie to your family, your friends and everybody you meet. Then one day you will be caught out because you will have trapped yourself in a corner, and there will be no escape.
Also if you make a habit of lying you will start doing other things which are even worse. One evil leads you to another.

Collected:

MANNERS OF TRAVELLING
When a person travels, he leaves the comforts of his own home, often to go and meet other people for either business or pleasure.
One important thing to realise is that, once you leave familiar surroundings you become a stranger, and in a sense you are free to do what you want. There is no pressure from family or friends, because here, no one knows you, and no one can report back on your activities.
This means that your nafs will make suggestions to you, to go to places that you would not do in your own area, for fear that others may see you.
It is consequently very important that when you leave your house, you should begin your journey with the name of Allah. You should recite Bismillah, ayatul Kursi and a few short du'as. In this way, you are asking Allah to protect you FROM YOURSELF as well as from other dangers.
When Prophet Nuh (A) left for the greatest journey of his life, with all the animals on his ark, Allah told him
11:41: So he said: "Embark upon the Ark, in the name of God, whether it move or be at rest!
When you remember Allah, He will always remember you and watch over you. One way of remembering Allah is to take a few coins and put them in a box for sadqa (the poor). Surah 2 ayat 152
Then you do remember Me; I will remember you.
Many journeys are undertaken for pleasure. If we really want to make Allah a part of our lives, then what better time to remember and praise Him when we are happy, and laughing?
Journeys are often very enjoyable, but they can also be very dangerous. Its a wide, wide world, and no one can predict what can happen. It is recommended that when a large family travels to a destination, they should not all go together. They should try to split up among a number of groups so that if anything happens to one group, at least others are still safe.
People tend to forget Allah when going on journeys. Once a man came to Imam (A) and asked him to do Istikhara as to whether he should go with a trading caravan. The Istikhara came out adverse, and Imam (A) advised against travelling. The man went anyway. He came back after the caravan returned and told Imam (A) that the journey had been the most successful he had ever been on, so the Istikhara was wrong. Imam (A) replied, do you remember than on this particular night you slept late, and in the morning you missed your Fajr prayers, it was because of this that the Istikhara came out bad.
This shows that no matter how important our journey, we must still perform our wajibaat.
When you travel through the world, try and see Allah's handiwork. We are told in Qur'an so often that we should try and understand how Mighty and Supreme Allah is by looking at the world around us, the ayat from Qur'an to observe "look" at Allah's handiworkand the marvels which it holds. So do not be one track minded, open your eyes to appreciate the creation all around you and you will get even closer to Allah.
On arrival to your destination, thank Allah before any other action. It was through His will and guidance that no calamities befell you, so show Him that you appreciate this.
If you stay with hosts, remember that you are a guest. Do not impose yourself on them and try and be as helpful as possible without disruption. You are representing your family and so have to maintain your self respect.
If you are going on a fairly long journey where there is uncertainty of your return, it is important that you make a few provisions before you leave.
You should write a will, and ensure that all your debts have been paid. Make sure you do not owe people money and that you have returned everything that is not yours. It is also recommended that on a journey you should carry your own burial shroud (kafan). This is not morbid or pessimistic, but realistic. Should anything happen, you want to be ready to meet Allah with all your "accounts in order".
On return from any journey, again thank Allah. This thanking may seem very little or unnecessary but you do not realise how many accidents are avoided just by the words Bismillah and Alhamdulillah. When you recite these words, you are calling upon Allah to protect you, and Allah never forsakes those who have faith in Him.
17:110: Say: "Call upon God, or call upon Rahman: by whatever name you call upon Him, (it is well): for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names.

Eating
This habit is like a mirror. You can see a person's manners reflected in the way that they eat. How many people look polite and knowledgeable, pious and respectable, but give them a plate of food, and you have created a frankenstein. They eat as if there was no tomorrow.
There are two ways to defeat or make a man your slave. One through exploiting his desires, and the other through his appetite.
Begin your meal by remembering Allah. Eat when you are hungry, and not just for the sake of it. Do not overeat. When a guest comes to the house, you should begin eating first so that he may feel at home. You should eat in such a way as to respect food, not chewing with your mouth open, spilling it all over the table or floor. Just remember, there are people who do not know when their next meal will be, let alone what it will be; no one is asking you to go hungry, but don't waste or abuse food.
Drinking
Water is the nectar of life. Every living creature depends on it. When you drink water, do not gulp, but sip it. It is recommended to say "Oh Allah, send your blessings on Imam Husain (A), his family and his companions, and curse on those who refused him water." when drinking water.

Sleeping
When you sleep, you should do so on your right side preferably, or your back, or your left side. You should never sleep on your stomach. This is bad for your health.
It is sunnat to perform wudhu before going to sleep, as each breath you take will be counted as prayer. Recite Qur'an and du'a for a few minutes, who knows this may be our last chance to thank Allah.

Dressing
We all know that to dress indecently is Haraam. This has been explained in previous notes. However very few people realise the importance of dressing in their own home, and with their own family. One should not walk around scantily clothed at any time, even if you live by yourself.
Your body is precious and private. It has been lent to you from Allah is yours to look after. You should not abuse it, and you should not use it as a show for others.
You see, if something is expensive and important, it will be guarded and kept away so that people don't use it and damage it, but if something is cheap, it will be left there for everybody to see and use, and no one will care about it. What is more precious than your body, to keep it well guard its respect you should make sure that you dress it well so that it is not expose more than necessary.
When you dress, you should make sure that the clothes you wear are not too tight so that the shape of your body is seen. Also you should be careful not to wear certain clothes to certain places. You would not wear jeans if you were invited to see the Queen, so why wear jeans when you go to the mosque, to be closer to Allah? You can wear jeans at home or when you go out, but you should try and avoid them in places like the mosque.
Even at home, you should make sure that you are dressed properly. It is bad Akhlaq to walk around the home without a shirt, or to walk around wearing only your underwear or boxer shorts. It may sound funny, but many people do this. There is nothing Haraam in wearing boxer-shorts by themselves or walking around in underwear in the house, but it is very poor Akhlaq, and not the character befitting to a Muslim.
If you start to treat your own body as cheap, then don't complain when others also treat you as if you were cheap and worthless.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EXPOSING YOUR BODY, EVERYBODY DOES IT ?
Islam has the highest standard of morals existing in any society on the face of the earth.
Islam tries to make morals part of the individual, so that s/he will act correctly in any circumstance.
It comes down to this. By dressing in such a way that you expose your body, you are inviting people to look at you. By looking at you they can see something that can arouse their desire. This desire can influence their thoughts and make them think about these pleasures. If every one, or even a large proportion of society were to be influenced by these thoughts (influenced by desire) society would break up with people going out with each other, loose and casual relationships, marriages breaking and generally society becoming permissive.
Apart from that, women would be looked at as just objects of desire once again, rather than constructive members of society.
A further reason, is that by exposing yourself, you are lowering your dignity. How can a person have so little self-respect so as to dress up just for other people to look at? It is like selling your self in a shop window.
If desire is stopped from being fuelled by exposure, then people will have more respect. There will be less chance of crimes of passion (rape, adultery ...etc.) being committed, and the streets in general will be a safer place to be.

Talking/Conduct in Public
When you talk, you should not shout or speak so much that others cannot get a word in edgeways. More importantly, even if you talk with a soft voice and polite smile, you guard against backbiting or lying. Your actions in public are what people will judge you by. If you do not want any respect, and want people to think that you are still a child, that carry on shouting, but for those who want to maintain dignity and want people to respect them, then speak less and listen more. "Guard your words as you would your gold" said Imam Ali (A).

Back
Top Bottom