What's new

What will the new PM of India do to improve relations with Italy?

Who is asking for war? It is simply a judicial process.

If they were found to be inside Indian territorial waters and found guilty of killing the fishermen, then they will be punished.

If they were NOT in Indian waters as per the international laws on territorial waters, then they will be released and send back to your home country.

Just a legal process. You are talking like there is no legal cases tried in Italian courts.

Say tomorrow if an Indian is arrested murdering an Italian, will the law of your country not give him a trial? If he is proven innocent, he will be released, if not, he will be punished as the law of the land.

What is so difficult for you to understand?

Well they are soldiers of the italian army and italy does not recognize this court. Any conviction is against the italian state. There is a reason why we have them in our embassy. What do you want do in case of conviction? Storm our embassy like Iran did?

It is an absolute certainity that italy would never hand those two into an indian prison. So it would be your turn to declare war. And i doubt india would go this way.

It is an absolute certainity that italy would never hand those two into an indian prison. So it would be your turn to declare war. And i doubt india would go this way.
Look Maria. Italy is too weak declare war against India. What are you going to do? Send your mafia to invade India?

the marines are under italian protection so they can't be judged from any foreign country. You place the nation of italy in court there and basicly label us a terrorist state. How can that seen as peaceful and friendly?

Excuse me? There is no such thing as 'protection'. Your consular general has volunteered to be the guarantee if the marines don't return by his own words. If he had made no such attempts, our negotiations would have been directly with your government. What terrorist allegations are you talking about? Italian marines are alleged to be in Indian territorial waters and shoot indian nationals which is treated as a murder.

It was unfair of your government to not send them back despite the fact that we let them go to vote for italian national elections.

You call this mature and dignified?

Is this not gross violation of diplomatic relations?

And what about Vatican? That the church helps the poor?

You know damn well what I am talking about.

Well they are soldiers of the italian army and italy does not recognize this court. Any conviction is against the italian state. There is a reason why we have them in our embassy. What do you want do in case of conviction? Storm our embassy like Iran did?

Well they should have thought of that before killing our countrymen in our own waters.

There will be diplomatic consequences simple as that. What Iran did was a rather unexpected move.

You are talking like a teenager now. No one goes on war for two people. But definitely diplomatic actions are taken if it becomes a problem.

Excuse me? There is no such thing as 'protection'. Your consular general has volunteered to be the guarantee if the marines don't return by his own words. If he had made no such attempts, our negotiations would have been directly with your government. What terrorist allegations are you talking about? Italian marines are alleged to be in Indian territorial waters and shoot indian nationals which is treated as a murder.

It was unfair of your government to not send them back despite the fact that we let them go to vote for italian national elections.

You call this mature and dignified?

Is this not gross violation of diplomatic relations?

You know damn well what I am talking about.

The catholic church is the greatest helper in India for the poor. Caritas and other organisations. I see nothing wrong with that. And i would assume to hold religion out of this.

And yes there is "protection". Our president as well as PM gave their word that both will serve not one day in an indian jail. I think you miss the impact of this in our country.

0_135623886715_news.jpg

_66739236_66739235.jpg

1390592698-rally-at-the-embassy-of-india-held-for-italian-marines-detained_3746878.jpg

1390592710-rally-at-the-embassy-of-india-held-for-italian-marines-detained_3746890.jpg

We see them as national heroes

The catholic church is the greatest helper in India for the poor. Caritas and other organisations. I see nothing wrong with that. And i would assume to hold religion out of this.

Let us leave Vatican topic out of this. It is an issue not related to this thread at all.

And yes there is "protection". Our president as well as PM gave their word that both will serve not one day in an indian jail. I think you miss the impact of this in our country

Apparently there has been an out-of-court settlement done already which seems we are arguing for no reason.

If that is accepted by the victims' families then we are probably done on this issue.

For killing two unarmed foreign fishermen in their country? You should be saddened that they have ruined the image of your country around the world.

The catholic church is the greatest helper in India for the poor.

Thats absolute BS.
The biggest helper for the poor was/is the Indian Government which has the biggest anti poverty measures in the world (In terms of money).
Although I hope/expect that those will be replaced by infrastructure projects and other measures to stimulate the economy.

Anyways, if you dont have a single piece of evidence to support such nonsensical claims, dont make them.

I think you miss the impact of this in our country.

And I think you are missing the impact this has for us. If it becomes clear that two innocent men trying to make their living were SHOT dead by a bunch of trigger happy marines in our OWN WATERS, they will face the consequences, no matter what Italy or the EU will threaten to do, especially with our new government (Which is actually not even needed since almost all parties are united in this matter)

Let us leave Vatican topic out of this. It is an issue not related to this thread at all.

Apparently there has been an out-of-court settlement done already which seems we are arguing for no reason.

If that is accepted by the victims' families then we are probably done on this issue.

For killing two unarmed foreign fishermen in their country? You should be saddened that they have ruined the image of your country around the world.

As far as i see all the world is on our side. USA warned india to not overblow this issue and the EU is actively pushing india to end this farce. Those Maries got the task to protect our ship from pirates. Unfortunately the indian coast guard has no control over indian waters and can´t protect the shipping lines. It was night and this boat rushed with high speed towards our ship. It reacted to no warning. No sane person would do this.

It looked like an attack. We are talking about an oil tanker here. What if this boat had explosives and was about to ram the tanker? Similar to the Attack against the USS Cole?

USS-Cole.jpg

INTEL-COGNITIVE-Cole.jpg

You do realize what such an attack would cause with an oil tanker?

As far as i see all the world is on our side. USA warned india to not overblow this issue and the EU is actively pushing india to end this farce. Those Maries got the task to protect our ship from pirates. Unfortunately the indian coast guard has no control over indian waters and can´t protect the shipping lines. It was night and this boat rushed with high speed towards our ship. It reacted to no warning. No sane person would do this.

It looked like an attack. We are talking about an oil tanker here. What if this boat had explosives and was about to ram the tanker? Similar to the Attack against the USS Cole?

USS-Cole.jpg

INTEL-COGNITIVE-Cole.jpg

You do realize what such an attack would cause with an oil tanker?

Indian Coast Guard has complete control of the coast. I don't think that is the point.

You are correct in saying that there could have been a terrorist attack, but are you telling me that you guys didn't have the lights on a warship to just look who it was or for that matter a stupid megaphone to warn these people not to come?

If you had shot near the waters, they would have run away.

Indian Coast Guard has complete control of the coast. I don't think that is the point.

You are correct in saying that there could have been a terrorist attack, but are you telling me that you guys didn't have the lights on a warship to just look who it was or for that matter a stupid megaphone to warn these people not to come?

If you had shot near the waters, they would have run away.

Thats the problem. They were warned. The captain of the tanker said they put light on them and issued many warnings to change direction ASAP. It was then when our marines came into action and issued the warning that deadly fore can be used if they don´t stop. The boat ignored evry warning and even picked up speed. It was then when two shots were fired.
Who fired these shots is unknown. It could be other marines as well. Italy deneis the other ones to go india.

I have no clue why those fishermen did not react. There is the theroy here that their net was infront our oil tanker and they feared to lose it.

Again, do you have any proof to support this?

The moment that ship enters Indian waters, everything it does falls under our jurisdiction. Period.

What?

What you talk about does not make sense.... You have not even spent a freaking minute of your life with our judiciary principles, havent you?
LOL you don't get it do you?This Markus guy is a troll who trolls on How good the Europeans are and how bad and poor the other nations are, why encourage such racist troll? And yes, the Marines should be tried as per the Piracy laws, which UPA backed out of in last moment,which could be death by hanging.What was the need for UPA to say they won't be hanged?Are they not interfering with our Judiciary by saying so even before the court verdict is out?

LOL you don't get it do you?This Markus guy is a troll who trolls on How good the Europeans are and how bad and poor the other nations are, why encourage such racist troll?

I'm never racist, i stated a simple fact. Of course i place my own people over others. Thats a natural thing.

I'm never racist, i stated a simple fact. Of course i place my own people over others. Thats a natural thing.
You are a Racist every one on this forum knows that,i remember the first time you joined this forum showing off your 120$ diesel watch and claiming your grandfather was nazi etc. do try to fool others.

LOL you don't get it do you?This Markus guy is a troll who trolls on How good the Europeans are and how bad and poor the other nations are, why encourage such racist troll? And yes, the Marines should be tried as per the Piracy laws, which UPA backed out of in last moment,which could be death by hanging.What was the need for UPA to say they won't be hanged?Are they not interfering with our Judiciary by saying so even before the court verdict is out?

I did not listen too much to what the GOI said or some random poster here.

The FACT is: The death penalty is reserved to the rarest of the rarest crimes

Every death sentence carried out since the constitution of India was adopted followed this principle.

Well there are two indians in jail here who murdered and iranian girl, pushed her body in a bag and tossed it into the lagoon of Venice. Do you really want those walk free? If so you do us a great favor.

There are many Indians in Italian jails other than those two guys!! Your government can make an arrangement for swapping them for the marines!!

Back
Top Bottom