What's new

What will the new PM of India do to improve relations with Italy?

I did not listen too much to what the GOI said or some random poster here.

The FACT is: The death penalty is reserved to the rarest of the rarest crimes

Every death sentence carried out since the constitution of India was adopted followed this principle.
Yes if course but what was the need for government to say they won't be tried under such provision where death penalty can be the possible outcome of the court's verdict?Isn't that saying we will try you for a lesser crime in our courts?

Shooting people for sport, should deserve death penalty as those marines decided to do.

Yes if course but what was the need for government to say they won't be tried under such provision where death penalty can be the possible outcome of the court's verdict?Isn't that saying we will try you for a lesser crime in our courts?

Oh come on, you think that this is the first time that Indian politicians talk about stuff they should not talk about?

There was no need to say that, and actually, its nonsense, since the courts should be separated from the GoI.

As far as i see all the world is on our side. USA warned india to not overblow this issue and the EU is actively pushing india to end this farce. Those Maries got the task to protect our ship from pirates. Unfortunately the indian coast guard has no control over indian waters and can´t protect the shipping lines. It was night and this boat rushed with high speed towards our ship. It reacted to no warning. No sane person would do this.

Well the Italians came to know that Indian coast guard have absolute control over Indian waters when CG captured the marines with in Indian borders trying to escape after killing those fishermen.

Shooting people for sport, should deserve death penalty as those marines decided to do.

By that logic, we should award the death penalty for every case of homicide in India.

Those marines most likely killed them because of trigger happiness, ignorance and sheer carelessness.

No judge will ever put that into the rarest of the rare category.

Well the Italians came to know that Indian coast guard have absolute control over Indian waters when CG captured the marines with in Indian borders trying to escape after killing those fishermen.

They were not "captured". They work in our embassy and are free.

They were not "captured". They work in our embassy and are free.

Ha! How come they in India when your brave PM declared that he will not send back the marines to India?? Being free and out on bail have different meaning here in India!!

Ha! How come they in India when your brave PM declared that he will not send back the marines to India?? Being free and out on bail have different meaning here in India!!

well they have a great job, attend greatest nightclubs and party there. Not the worst life if you ask me.

This was a mistake to have let it drag on this far. This should have been resolved very early by the government. Those men are soldiers, we are setting an incredibly dangerous precedent for our own soldiers to be prosecuted in foreign courts. This should have been shut down fast very early on. Now that it is in the courts, if jurisdiction is upheld, the best to hope for is a quick trial & then allow the men to serve out their sentence in an Italian jail.

But Sir, there is no way, IN naval officers would have been let off, if they are in same situation, especially when the victims are westerners.
We did see what the US navy did, when it absolved itself of the crime in killing of Indian nationals in UAE flagged fishing boat near UAE!

But Sir, there is no way, IN naval officers would have been let off, if they are in same situation, especially when the victims are westerners.
We did see what the US navy did, when it absolved itself of the crime in killing of Indian nationals in UAE flagged fishing boat near UAE!

Well easy question, how will you solve this with italy without running the relations into the ground? No nationalistic bla bla but realistic solution.

Well easy question, how will you solve this with italy without running the relations into the ground? No nationalistic bla bla but realistic solution.

Nothing Nationalistic. Whats the Guarantee, Italy would prosecute them? US already didnt prosecute the sailors once. And Italy already "cheated" the GoI once, and relented only after the threat of arrest of its Ambassador.
It says it will punish them, but no sovereign guarantee. And if IN sailors are involved, I bet the westerners would leave the sailors free.

Just drop a nuke on Italy, No Italy No relations. Problem Solved.

Nothing Nationalistic. Whats the Guarantee, Italy would prosecute them? US already didnt prosecute the sailors once. And Italy already "cheated" the GoI once, and relented only after the threat of arrest of its Ambassador.
It says it will punish them, but no sovereign guarantee. And if IN sailors are involved, I bet the westerners would leave the sailors free.

They are soldiers of our nation. Not they are in court but our entire nation. Those two soldiers most likely didn´t even fire the guns. The ones who did are still in italy. Do you want punish someone who is innocent? Beside that they did their duty for our nation and in this you can´t punish them, only our nation and we will pay the compensations.

well they have a great job, attend greatest nightclubs and party there. Not the worst life if you ask me.

Im 21 years old and lived in Delhi till I was 18 , so 18 years, I was always under the impression that the nightlife there was really bad. Now I would really love to know which are these great "nightclubs" that they visit. :rofl: This is not LA or new york u dumbass , " hey , let's get drunk and get some bitches at the nightclub" , "Hey , it's 11 in the night , all the bars would be open , let's go to a bar and pick up some bitches" :rofl:. You are too funny and delusional

Im 21 years old and lived in Delhi till I was 18 , so 18 years, I was always under the impression that the nightlife there was really bad. Now I would really love to know which are these great "nightclubs" that they visit. :rofl: This is not LA or new york u dumbass , " hey , let's get drunk and get some bitches at the nightclub" , "Hey , it's 11 in the night , all the bars would be open , let's go to a bar and pick up some bitches" :rofl:. You are too funny and delusional

I believe we understand different things about a cultivated nightlife. They attend embassy parties. italian embassy, vatican embassy, diplomatic corpse parties. I dont doubt that your slum has not much nightlife.

Back
Top Bottom