What's new

What kind of options does Pakistan have for retaliation?

Should we respond militarily or by blocking trade routes?

• Military

• Blocking Trade routes

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Declaration of war? Enemy planes intruded into our country and dropped bombs and you are still waiting for declaration. Indians have BTW declared that they have attacked targets in Pakistan in any case.
Not military targets. Not civilian targets.

Which terrorist attack? Indians are at war with the people of occupied J&K. Both killing each other. Killing uniformed combatants is not a terrorism. Killing civilians including children, women, and men is terrorism and that's what Indian terrorist soldiers are doing in occupied J&K.

Kashmir is a disputed land.. it can be solved with talks. If someone uses arm to kill our soldiers in the name of freedom fight then they should be prepared that the armed forces will defend themselves. Its self defence.

Following is being attributed to a former Retd 3 star in PA.

India is escalating hostilities to see where it can go. Our rhetorical responses may convince him of our lack of political and military will. Seeing a weak resolve India may attempt a limited military conflict/surgical strike. It may be a serious miscalculation where the probability of a full scale mobilisation and war will be very high. The logic to the present situation:

1. Deterrance is a mindset and never a tangible posture. Its an outcome of a possibility.

2. Continual Indian claims of cross border initiatives will erode our position of deterring war through our nuclear capability.

3. Once the possibility of deterrance begins to gradually lack credibility we become more and more vulnerable to an assymetric conventional threat or be subjected to test our resolve where we may lack the will to show resolution.

4. Our response should be to escalate and push the envelope of hostilities so that nuclear war is a likely outcome and a real possibility. The deterrance then comes into play. Otherwise, we would not have ever tested our strategic potential in deterring war and would succumb to external and internal pressures exposing our own vulnerabilities.

5. Will India, that has so much to lose, go down this road? No. Arguments against this posture are that a miscalculation can lead to a nuclear exchange. Not likely and certainly a lesser probability than described above but nevertheless, the alternative is to surrender. However, it is not likely to escalate beyond reasonable boundries because the rungs in the escalation ladder are so many that signatures leading to a total war will reveal themselves well before war actually breaks out. Even then the choice must be ours to go for mutual destruction or not. There lies deterrance and not in rhetoric alone or owning a capability that you repeatedly continue to show lack of willingness to test.

There is limit to your oatience ?? well then learn to expand that patience. you will be needing a lot of that in coming time. Imran Khan knows it...it's time all your tamed terrorists that you use against India should know this as well. prepare more of them while you can.
One thing I can assure u, Tht within 72 hours, u will be whitenesing a real hard and destructive surgical strike or may be a series of strikes then come back let's rock and roll here?

They won't, I agree, because it is in both sides' interests to de-escalate the situation, and I see that happening over the next few days.
I would guess tempers have to cool first...

Kashmir is a disputed land.. it can be solved with talks. If someone uses arm to kill our soldiers in the name of freedom fight then they should be prepared that the armed forces will defend themselves. Its self defence.
Yes but talks have not solved it so far.

Where is the most likely option: DE-ESCALATE.

I think the Indians themselves de-escalated internally, taking pressure off of them to act in any meaningful way. And it seems GoP isn't going to escalate either.

Maybe somewhere in an empty field we can create nice crater by shelling or airstrike, while simultaneously claiming 5.89*10^12 Indian casualties.

Congratulations. You skipped retaliation, sailed past aggression, jumped over any formal declaration of war and landed on mass murder of civilians.
Everybody else on the planet will have a few things to say about Pakistan.

RSS is no civilian mate, its a Hindu terrorist organization. You "apparently" came to hit terrorist camp, we reserve the right to respond equally.

Yes but talks have not solved it so far.

Not possible..there has never been talks. Everytime the Kashmir was at the verge of solution, there has been some attack inside Indian territory either in form of Kargil or in form of Parliament attack. There has never been an environment where there has been peace around.

Not possible..there has never been talks. Everytime the Kashmir was at the verge of solution, there has been some attack inside Indian territory either in form of Kargil or in form of Parliament attack. There has never been an environment where there has been peace around.
There have been talks to resolve the Kashmir dispute, but your moronic government does not want to do a Plebiscite in Kashmir region.

Your government keeps backing down.

O.K., Pakistan might get verbal support from those two. How does that help Pakistan?

Red herring. You're essentially claiming, "OK, your country committed crimes in the past so I get to commit the crimes I want now." Not a good argument in most courts, is it?

I think you're confusing me with someone else.
Pakistan will be helped by its smart nukes and passion in any eventuality.

My point is when you belong to a murderous, terrorist state (US) you loose moral rights to lecture others and quote some UNSC regulations to cover Indian terrorism against Pakistan

I am not confusing you with anyone I am just not letting you build a false narrative

Btw do you think Kalbushan Yadav is a terrorist or as per you folks only Muslims can be terrorists?

Hang Kalbhushan tomorrow.

As for escalation, well should hit some trees near Indian military base and claim via "sources" death of Bharati aggressors.

But the guys in uniform knows better ways to respond.

I would guess tempers have to cool first...
You are a bloody hypocrite.

What about Indian Kulbhushan Yadav? Isn't he a terrorist as well.
kulbhushan-jadhav.jpg

You keep blocking me.

Back
Top Bottom