What's new

What kind of options does Pakistan have for retaliation?

Should we respond militarily or by blocking trade routes?

• Military

• Blocking Trade routes

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Declaration of war? Enemy planes intruded into our country and dropped bombs and you are still waiting for declaration. Indians have BTW declared that they have attacked targets in Pakistan in any case.

So when is the Pakistan government declaring the Indian incursion as an act of war?

It should be pointed out that whatever military "retaliation" Pakistan may choose to undertake, it will likely do so without much international support. Not from the U.N., not from Bangladesh, not even from China.

That's because India has been making the case that it was acting against terror havens and under binding post-9/11 U.N. Security Council Resolutions these are fair game for any U.N. member-state to attack - the sovereign territorial rights of the member-state containing the terror haven are effectively null in this regard.

On the other hand, if Pakistan "retaliates" against India militarily, that would be considered an attack by Pakistan against India, a violation of India's sovereign rights by Pakistan.
Where is it proved that :
1)Pulwama was done by Pakistanis ?
2)Last night attack was done against some terrorist target, any video footage of destruction
It was a simply a violation of Pak sovereignty and was done without any UN mandate.

Pakistan will respond in a very serious /calculated manner to stop any such aggression from India in future.

We don't give a damn about UN or P5 when it comes to our sovereignty hope you remember 98 atomic tests and Pakistan principle stance regarding Afghan Taliban against the do more rhetoric of US.

Pakistan is forced by India to give a hard response despite all our efforts to keep peace in region.

We had only one opportunity which we lost already, First we should have been down Indian jets and retaliate back same time on Indian airbases......Now if we do anything like that it will consider act of war and even if Indian not responded the rest of the world would put sanctions on us.
ISPR already said we will surprise you but different way it may be heavy artillery engagement at LOC and more sniper attacks.
Agreed. But you cannot sit silent even after you didn't do any thing right after the Indian attack. Nations with self respect never forget any of enemy hits and revenge it even after decades.

So when is the Pakistan government declaring the Indian incursion as an act of war?
They shouldn't, not unless Pakistan can convincingly disprove India's claim it was attacking a terror haven. If Pakistan can't do that, it will effectively be an official acknowledgement by Pakistan that it "owns" the terrorists, that they are not "stateless" actors at all, and that Pakistan has merely been pretending they are for the past thirty years.

It should be pointed out that whatever military "retaliation" Pakistan may choose to undertake, it will likely do so without much international support. Not from the U.N., not from Bangladesh, not even from China.

That's because India has been making the case that it was acting against terror havens and under binding post-9/11 U.N. Security Council Resolutions these are fair game for any U.N. member-state to attack - the sovereign territorial rights of the member-state containing the terror haven are effectively null in this regard.

On the other hand, if Pakistan "retaliates" against India militarily, that would be considered an attack by Pakistan against India, a violation of India's sovereign rights by Pakistan.
Our right to defend our sovereignty is paramount to any support from anywhere. But I am sure nations will support us in the wake of this Indian aggression.

They shouldn't, not unless Pakistan can convincingly disprove India's claim it was attacking a terror haven. If Pakistan can't do that, it will effectively be an official acknowledgement by Pakistan that it "owns" the terrorists, that they are not "stateless" actors at all, and that Pakistan has merely been pretending they are for the past thirty years.

They won't, I agree, because it is in both sides' interests to de-escalate the situation, and I see that happening over the next few days.

China can block any resolutions against Pakistan in Security Council. India need to provide solid evidence of any such terrorism related activity from Pakistani soil. We have captured their agent who was involved in spreading terrorism in Pakistan. We have solid evidence against India but India doesn’t have any.

Reason why I say no no such attacks is because India played smart by avoiding civilians or Militry establishments. The attack was isolated till the Madarsa where the terrorist training take place. SO for you to choose a target will be very important. Any attack on civilian or military establishment in India means fll blown war. This is exactly what India is waiting for. You really think India did this just to teach a lesson... i'ts a full blown war or nothing..irrespective of wherever you attack. I don't blame you ..you will do anything for self respect and rightly so because we did it just exactly for that. Its a cycle that has started for good

So you are clearly admitting as do India, India has done an act of war first. It's a violation of LOC and its will be have to responded in kind pretty heavily.

No need to declare anything, a good hard military answer ill be given soon, you want war, lets begin it, but I can give u gurntee this time u ill be the one running to stop tht for sure but it won't stop

It's up to Pakistan to prove things. Nobody gives Pakistan the benefit of doubt anymore.

I'm not saying that's fair. I'm saying that is what it is.
And who gives a damn about what you think?

We Pakistanis will do what we need to do.

You shut your mouth.

Last edited:
Reason why I say no no such attacks is because India played smart by avoiding civilians or Militry establishments. The attack was isolated till the Madarsa where the terrorist training take place. SO for you to choose a target will be very important. Any attack on civilian or military establishment in India means fll blown war. This is exactly what India is waiting for. You really think India did this just to teach a lesson... i'ts a full blown war or nothing..irrespective of wherever you attack. I don't blame you ..you will do anything for self respect and rightly so because we did it just exactly for that. Its a cycle that has started for good
Well you never know they played smart or acted cowardly after seeing PAF planes coming. Full blown war? Well better tell it to Modi. He needs to understand that. Since he came to power, he is busy using every single opportunity to harm Pakistan. There is a limit to our patience. I think we should square it now. Let it happen. At least Modi, his gang of criminals, and filthy sadhus will see some reason if survived.

China can block any resolutions against Pakistan in Security Council.
IF China wants to.

India need to provide solid evidence of any such terrorism related activity from Pakistani soil.
Nobody believes Pakistan's claims as to what evidence is since Pakistan has denied so much clear evidence over so many decades.

It's up to Pakistan to prove things. Nobody gives Pakistan the benefit of doubt anymore.

I'm not saying that's fair. I'm saying that is what it is.
Prove what? That Indian planes attacked us? Indians have already declared a war on us by attacking our country with bombs. What the heck you need as proof. You need some brain, I think.

Unfortunately this cycle will not stop, everyone in Pakistan is on the same page regarding some kind of military response from Pak army, after that I hope it doesnt turn into a full scale war.

Yes this wont stop. The feeling is same in Indian public. The only difference is you have developed the feeling after today's attack while India has been feling for 30 years..the CRPF attack just broke all limits of constraint. Anyway its just the time to wait and watch

Back
Top Bottom