What's new

What kind of options does Pakistan have for retaliation?

Should we respond militarily or by blocking trade routes?

• Military

• Blocking Trade routes

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
We had only one opportunity which we lost already, First we should have been down Indian jets and retaliate back same time on Indian airbases......Now if we do anything like that it will consider act of war and even if Indian not responded the rest of the world would put sanctions on us.
ISPR already said we will surprise you but different way it may be heavy artillery engagement at LOC and more sniper attacks.

Sniper attack is a norm and their is no surprise element. DG ISPR tone says much more than that. We should have following targets in mind:

1) Bring down morale of Indians
2) Hurt them economically

Third possibility would be to bring down Indian Agents in Afghanistan or Pakistan and transfer them to Pakistan and present them to international media. We can even hang Kulbushan to bring their morale down to their knees.

I
We all heard what DG ISPR said in his press conference. I would like to discuss what options does Pakistan has to punish India:

1) We can close our air space for India.

2) We can block all Indian transport ships passing through our seas. This will affect India economically as they won't be able to get oil from Middle East or Iran.

3) We can block trade between Afghanistan and India via our borders and via sea routes.

4) Airstrike inside India looks risky because of air defence systems they have from Israel and Russia. But our Army is battle-hardened and have experience in working behind enemy lines. We need a coordinated attack which would involve our SSG disabling and destroying any enemy SAM systems and military targets inside Jammu and Kashmir and our Airforce will provide cover and will engage Indian airforce.

5) Destroying military targets using artillery.

6) Destroy an important asset using stand off weapon we have. Possible targets could be AWACS, Air refuelling tanker, transport airplane etc.
I believe the surprise will be a missile attack.

Just give it a few days. It will all de-escalate.

For now, this vicious cycle we are stuck in is only going to exacerbate the situation.
It may de-escalate eventually, provided that things do not spiral out of control.

It should be pointed out that whatever military "retaliation" Pakistan may choose to undertake, it will likely do so without much international support. Not from the U.N., not from Bangladesh, not even from China.

That's because India has been making the case that it was acting against terror havens and under binding post-9/11 U.N. Security Council Resolutions these are fair game for any U.N. member-state to attack - the sovereign territorial rights of the member-state containing the terror haven are effectively null in this regard.

On the other hand, if Pakistan "retaliates" against India militarily, that would be considered an attack by Pakistan against India, a violation of India's sovereign rights by Pakistan.

For now, this vicious cycle we are stuck in is only going to exacerbate the situation.
It may de-escalate eventually, provided that things do not spiral out of control.

Things will NOT spiral out of control. Guaranteed. Both side will see, or be made to see, the wisdom of de-escalation.

Things will NOT spiral out of control. Guaranteed. Both side will see, or be made to see, the wisdom of de-escalation.

In all likelihood things will spiral out of control...
Let's settle this matter once and for all.
نَصْرٌ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ

In all likelihood things will spiral out of control...
Let's settle this matter once and for all.
نَصْرٌ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ

Sure, please go for it. Let me get my popcorn. :D

Support freedom movements and cut North East India i.e. Assam, Tripura, Nagaland, and Punjab from the rest of country.
Fault lines are already there, Pakistan just has to use this opportunity.

Reason why I say no no such attacks is because India played smart by avoiding civilians or Militry establishments. The attack was isolated till the Madarsa where the terrorist training take place. SO for you to choose a target will be very important. Any attack on civilian or military establishment in India means fll blown war. This is exactly what India is waiting for. You really think India did this just to teach a lesson... i'ts a full blown war or nothing..irrespective of wherever you attack. I don't blame you ..you will do anything for self respect and rightly so because we did it just exactly for that. Its a cycle that has started for good

Unfortunately this cycle will not stop, everyone in Pakistan is on the same page regarding some kind of military response from Pak army, after that I hope it doesnt turn into a full scale war.

Back
Top Bottom