What's new

What kind of Nation we are ?

i contribute already,
my family built a school in our village, we let poor people live on our land, we send monthly payments to families. we help send people from poor families abroad.
next step is to open up a proper school with top of the line facilities.
I'm just waiting for a better opportunity to help my country but can only so much with the massive amount of corruption.
ahan so you fall in my category (4) ... :D

Good to know :tup:

Back to OP what kind of nation are we:

1) We have people like @Leader @darkinsky @cb4 who work their asses off to promote the parties of their choice (pure respect no sarcasm)!

2) Then we have people like @batmannow who will choose any party doing good and question any doing something silly (though bending a little towards MQM but his choice)

3) Then we have people like @RescueRanger @Irfan Baloch who serve their nation

4) We have people like myself who invest and try to start on grassroots level hoping that the people will benefit...and we start at education coz that is 1 field we know a bit about (we meaning me and my friends)..Next stop is social services and economics lets see where we will have enough resources...

5) We have the common people who lead their lives but are purely concerned with the situation of the nation @HRK @Slav Defence @Secur @mafiya @Jazzbot @balixd @rockstar08

6) Then we have the broken hearted people @Imran Khan @JonAsad @Hyperion @Oscar who keep advising others to move out...

7) Then we have those in foreign lands who want help @qamar1990 (not so sure but you do sound like so) @PWFI @RazPaK @KingMamba @Darth Vader @Aeronaut @Windjammer (sorry forgot to add you)

8) Then we have talented sadist like @VCheng sitting abroad and just watching the show...and helping out in giving out criticism dipped in sadist remarks of a bystander and as a cherry on the top break the few bits of hope we as a Nation are striving on!

Then of course we have 2 more categories a) destroyers which are from the elite as well as other classes and then those who are living there complaining yet doing nothing (many fit this bill) and b) those who are just living their lives complaining coz they cant do anything else...

Unfortunately we have more of the last type...and second masses are the critics and discouraging lots!

Sorry If I put you in the wrong category...this is just my perception from reading your posts!

This I believe is what basically this nation is made of!!!

Man you put me in the wrong category-
The only time i asked someone to leave Pakistan was just before my marriage- and that person was my wife- :D-
I pay my taxes pay my Zakat to Edhi or SKH and play my part in contributing to economy via remittance money-

Man you put me in the wrong category-
The only time i asked someone to leave Pakistan was just before my marriage- and that person was my wife- :D-
I pay my taxes and play my part in contributing to economy via remittance money-
fine I will put you in category 7 hun kush? :enjoy:

i contribute already,
my family built a school in our village, we let poor people live on our land, we send monthly payments to families. we help send people from poor families abroad.
next step is to open up a proper school with top of the line facilities.
I'm just waiting for a better opportunity to help my country but can only so much with the massive amount of corruption.

My last project was financing a water well in a small village in Sindh. But then again, whatever I do, I do not advertise. ;)

Put me in category 5 :D
Hun Kush?

My last project was financing a water well in a small village in Sindh. But then again, whatever I do, I do not advertise. ;)
No one advertises but at least no one discourages others from helping out or discourages others from ever hoping to see fruit of their doings...

Oh BTW, people these are arbitrary categories which i made up based on posts I have read till date! @JonAsad ab tou kush ho ja mayray bhai! (Damn I sound soo tapori like :P )

Oh BTW, people these are arbitrary categories which i made up based on posts I have read till date! @JonAsad ab tou kush ho ja mayray bhai! (Damn I sound soo tapori like :P )

Man I am happy now- but I will be more happy if you combine category 5 and 7 and put me there- :D-

Man I am happy now- but I will be more happy if you combine category 5 and 7 and put me there- :D-
Hadd hai!

@JonAsad esp for you:

A MAN and his son were once going with their Donkey to market. As they were walking along by its side a countryman passed them and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey for but to ride upon?”

So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey and they went on their way. But soon they passed a group of men, one of whom said: “See that lazy youngster, he lets his father walk while he rides.”

So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. But they hadn’t gone far when they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son trudge along.”

Well, the Man didn’t know what to do, but at last he took his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and the passers-by began to jeer and point at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor Donkey of yours—you and your hulking son?”
The Man and Boy got off and tried to think what to do. They thought and they thought, till at last they cut down a pole, tied the Donkey’s feet to it, and raised the pole and the Donkey to their shoulders. They went along amid the laughter of all who met them till they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, getting one of his feet loose, kicked out and caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge, and his fore-feet being tied together he was drowned.
“That will teach you,” said an old man who had followed them:
“PLEASE ALL, AND YOU WILL PLEASE NONE.”

To me, a photo like this says volumes about Pakistan, both good and bad:

pakistan-funny-student-girls-on-cycle.jpg

To me, a photo like this says volumes about Pakistan, both good and bad:

pakistan-funny-student-girls-on-cycle.jpg
there are many photos to look at yet you pick this one, why?

Anyone can pick any side of any country and say volumes about the whole country!

there are many photos to look at yet you pick this one, why?

Because it shows the efforts of an older sister in getting education for herself and her younger sisters, despite social taboos and a lack of resources. Her sheer determination against all odds is what makes this photo special for me.

Because it shows the efforts of an older sister in getting education for herself and her younger sisters, despite social taboos and a lack of resources. Her sheer determination against all odds is what makes this photo special for me.
ok now inhale deeply and then exhale slowly....did that hurt?

It is these little situations which give hope in many of us...though based on the size of the population these many are just a handful..

ahhhhhhhhhhh well i dont want to interrupt this wonderful discussion but can we now go back on topic ?

Back
Top Bottom