What's new

What happened to all Japanese Electronic Giants? All of them are about to collapse!

It wasn't like this back in the 90s when I was growing up. A VCR lasted a decade or 2, a tv similar to tvs sold a decade earlier.

I agree. In the 90's my father and mother purchased a 45 inch Mitsubishi TV, then in 2002 they replaced it with a 55 inch Mitsubishi wide -screen. Then it was recently that my parents replaced it with a 60 inch LED tv. And that's back home.

In my place, I've only stuck with SONY. I do have a Samsung Plasma Tv in my guest room ; but its poor quality compared to SONY. Plus, Samsung is more affordable , so for people where $$ is a concern, i guess they can go for Samsung, Element etc.

Er, no.
I need a 4000 display for gaming...

My man, so guess what i bought this morning in steam. :lol::lol:

I"m using my Lenovo SL400 dual core 1.8 ghz since 2008 and it's still good. When it comes to laptop I will always buy Lenovo. My workplace all use Lenovo notebooks.
It's affordable and better build quality than Dell, Hp or Sony.

Here L512 :D , don't like the shinny laptops personally. Thinkpads are timeless and awesome. I don't like the new keyboard layout which are found on the latest lenovo models for a while now. It's like almost every brand apply them.

I agree. In the 90's my father and mother purchased a 45 inch Mitsubishi TV, then in 2002 they replaced it with a 55 inch Mitsubishi wide -screen. Then it was recently that my parents replaced it with a 60 inch LED tv. And that's back home.

In my place, I've only stuck with SONY. I do have a Samsung Plasma Tv in my guest room ; but its poor quality compared to SONY. Plus, Samsung is more affordable , so for people where $$ is a concern, i guess they can go for Samsung, Element etc.

My man, so guess what i bought this morning in steam. :lol::lol:

Ha

Welcome to the meat grinder.
Age of empires 2 has a really fanatical following.

Enjoy!

As the article argues, become a brain country. Manufacturing ultimately becomes less significant.

Lenovo derives laptop-platform from IBM, so it could get some reputation from that.
Try to keep that.

But in my view, it looks so ugly in design. Sony has the better design, better finishing quality ... but 2008 Vaio may have problem with battery life ( Made in China battery by third party)
Sorry to burst your cherry, but my Lenovo battery is made in China and it still works.

The ping from America to Oceania will be atrocious!
If your still game after logging in some hours. message me.

My steam account name is mulaga12

We can do it in the weekend. My steam account is : 10sakura92

Sorry to burst your cherry, but my Lenovo battery is made in China and it still works.

Most things are made in China, my man.

In my house, there's once a VCD player is Chinese brand. That's was when I worked as imp/exp in Youyi guan, near Guangxi.
TV, Samsung, LG ... almost Sony, ... my first TV is a secondhand Sanyo 17 inches, purchased in 1977, from South Vietnam after country reunification 1975.
I guess Vietnamese people in South Vietnam has more chance to use Japanese brand much earlier than North Vietnam, China.

For flatscreen, we bought 2 LG but now change to Sony Bravia - Made in Malaysia.
We ever used 3 Sony TV from Trinitron cathod typle - WEGA ... to LED

In my house, there's once a VCD player is Chinese brand. That's was when I worked as imp/exp in Youyi guan, near Guangxi.
TV, Samsung, LG ... almost Sony, ... my first TV is a secondhand Sanyo 17 inches, purchased in 1977, from South Vietnam after country reunification 1975.
I guess Vietnamese people in South Vietnam has more chance to use Japanese brand much earlier than North Vietnam, China.

For flatscreen, we bought 2 LG but now change to Sony Bravia - Made in Malaysia.
We ever used 3 Sony TV from Trinitron cathod typle - WEGA ... to LED

Hahaha. Your family is SONY fan eh?

PS. Are you in the south or north?

Hahaha. Your family is SONY fan eh?

PS. Are you in the south or north?

We are in the North. My parents are communists.
For Sony, we like Xperia, Walkman, even Sony cassette.

In Vietnam, everyone has the phrase "high definition as Sony" or "more details as Sony"

Ok. Since I got fired from Japanese Company NEC in the past. So I short (financial term Long/Short) on Japan Electronic Industry :woot: (Loser mentality here hahaha). Since I was out from NEC 10 years ago, the company was about to bankrupt, even sold her head quater at Tokyo to repay the debt. (You need to retain good employee like me I told you. :toast_sign: )

Japan's electronic giants once ruled the world. Sony, Panasonic, Sharp were household names. Now those same companies are in deep trouble, losing billions of dollars a year. How have the mighty Japanese companies fallen so low? The BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes in Tokyo looks at what went wrong.
BBC News - What happened to Japan's electronic giants?

Hard-hit electronics giant Sony logs $1.3 billion quarterly loss
Hard-hit electronics giant Sony logs $1.3 billion quarterly loss | Business | DW.DE | 14.05.2014

May be this thread can later join the Japan Economic news.
What happened? Any expert here?

when electronic became a commodity then there is no money to be made for these giants, you go to a grocery store to pickup a bag of rice and right next to it is a 32" HDTV on sale for 129.

Back
Top Bottom