What's new

What happened to all Japanese Electronic Giants? All of them are about to collapse!

If you disappointed of Korean brand, you tend to return to use Japanese brand.
As me ...

Japanese brand means strictly quality management.
I never used a Korean brand, I'm not saying they are bad but with compare to Japanese made their quality is not fair enough.

Made in Japan is a brand name the name of confident whatever it's automobile or electronic
items, the globally bad economy make peoples buying Chinese or Koreans items coz Japanese items are more expensive BUT who have money and know the brands value still buying it. just one example Hyundai vs Toyota there is no match the quality speak itself, other thing as I said earlier the money.

I agree that Japanese cars are good quality.

But this thread is about electronics, and I simply disagree that Japanese electronics are any good now. When it comes to smartphones, apple and samsung are much more popular because they are superior, not because they are cheaper.

When it comes to computer, a Japanese laptop that cost 1200 is about as good as a samsung laptop that cost 750. Whatever supposedly superior quality just doesn't justify the price difference for something of the same spec.

I resigned. I & Thai boss in japanese company were competing for a love of the same women. He abuse his power not to give me any single job. I see no point to try to survive in the company because of this, and also 1 another reason. NEC failed to R&D out routers, package (data) switches (telecommunication industry) at the beginning of the age of data (2004). NEC were selling Huawei package switches and other equipment at NEC to replace the old NEC digital swtiching!. There must be some problem about NEC innovation at that particular point and I can foresee company downfall in telecommunication equipment business very clearly.

In side NEC, people are staying in the office until late night for stupid reason, like to show off that you are a good employee. Many of the time without real benefit to stay late. Moreover, staying late night but cannot innovate the data switch out of R&D department, is simply waste of time.

My man, that is such a common theme for Japanese companies. Workers stay late not to work but have to wait until the boss leaves! Waste of time.
The meeting with the president and other managers are useless. The president speaks, presents his ideas and all the other sycophants just nod and "hai, hai...blah blah blah.." These are the biggest time wasters.
But it's interesting that you and your boss fall for the same woman. That's not too common in the workplace. Was she hot?

But this thread is about electronics, and I simply disagree that Japanese electronics are any good now. When it comes to smartphones, apple and samsung are much more popular because they are superior, not because they are cheaper.

When it comes to computer, a Japanese laptop that cost 1200 is about as good as a samsung laptop that cost 750. Whatever supposedly superior quality just doesn't justify the price difference for something of the same spec.

The most important core of Korea still based on Japanese instruments.
Just like any laptop use Intel-based microprocessor.
I worked for a Korean company called Samsung, I know.

If in your country, the after sale service not good. You should use Japanese brands.
They would last forever ( I means pay less attention to maintain your Japanese brand equipment but they still work well )

Last edited:
I dislike their Toyota cars and poor cheap design compared to other auto companies with better look and quality.

I never used a Korean brand, I'm not saying they are bad but with compare to Japanese made their quality is not fair enough.

Agreed. When it comes to quality, I don't settle with anything but Japanese brand.

Others are 'okay' or 'decent'.

I've been using my 2008 Sony VAIO; and just this year I upgraded to the newer model. When it comes to computers, I never buy anything besides SONY. And its quite affordable at $899.99. Very cheap!

The most important core of Korea still based on Japanese instruments.
Just like any laptop use Intel-based microprocessor.
I worked for a Korean company called Samsung, I know.

If in your country, the after sale service not good. You should use Japanese brands.
They would last forever ( I means pay less attention to maintain your Japanese brand equipment but they still work well )

There are some good Korean brands out there. So i commend them for their products, too.

resigned. I & Thai boss in japanese company were competing for a love of the same women

Tsk. Very unprofessional, for both of you.

If you disappointed of Korean brand, you tend to return to use Japanese brand.
As me ...

Japanese brand means strictly quality management.

Good choice, my man! :tup:

Last edited:
I dislike their Toyota cars and poor cheap design compared to other auto companies with better look and quality.

You are true if choosing German brands for car.
But in a poor country like Vietnam, Toyota still the bestselling. Mercedes or Audi need us paying more attention to their health.

I"m using my Lenovo SL400 dual core 1.8 ghz since 2008 and it's still good. When it comes to laptop I will always buy Lenovo. My workplace all use Lenovo notebooks.
It's affordable and better build quality than Dell, Hp or Sony.

I"m using my Lenovo SL400 dual core 1.8 ghz since 2008 and it's still good. When it comes to laptop I will always buy Lenovo. My workplace all use Lenovo notebooks.

Lenovo derives laptop-platform from IBM, so it could get some reputation from that.
Try to keep that.

But in my view, it looks so ugly in design. Sony has the better design, better finishing quality ... but 2008 Vaio may have problem with battery life ( Made in China battery by third party)

These days in electronics, it doesn't really matter how long a product lasts but rather how fast newer models comes out. People throw away perfectly working phones for new ones, change monitors for higher resolutions and buy new laptops every 2 years.

I bought a new 2560*1080 monitor last year but now they are selling 4000 resolution monitors!

These days in electronics, it doesn't really matter how long a product lasts but rather how fast newer models comes out. People throw away perfectly working phones for new ones, change monitors for higher resolutions and buy new laptops every 2 years.

I bought a new 2560*1080 monitor last year but now they are selling 4000 resolution monitors!

Don't rally with high tech. Even you pay all time to discover the new phone, you still never use most of its function before newer phone come.

Buying new phone based on your need and income, use it until it's still useful.

Lenovo derives laptop-platform from IBM, so it could get some reputation from that.
Try to keep that.

But in my view, it looks so ugly in design. Sony has the better design, better finishing quality ... but 2008 Vaio may have problem with battery life ( Made in China battery by third party)

Yea, battery is an issue for the older models. Just buy another battery; its cheap-- $40 replacement battery.

That's the thing about buying newer models, my man. After you get it, the spit something new the next month! lol

Personally, I hate laptops!

At my workplace, laptops crowds the place and their cables are everywhere, one for each model.

A PC on the other hand is a gift from heaven.

That's the thing about buying newer models, my man. After you get it, the spit something new the next month! lol

It wasn't like this back in the 90s when I was growing up. A VCR lasted a decade or 2, a tv similar to tvs sold a decade earlier.

Personally, I hate laptops!

At my workplace, laptops crowds the place and their cables are everywhere, one for each model.

A PC on the other hand is a gift from heaven.

Your job need desktop, as I see you keep buying 4K display

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom