What's new

What happened to all Japanese Electronic Giants? All of them are about to collapse!

Haier washing machine/dryer are not too popular here as the less informed Canadians buy Samsung, which has to be the worse brand for washing/dryer.

Stay away from the Samsung fridge. Mine conked out two times in two years. lol.

Yes, Samsung electronic need improve. Last time I bought a Galaxy i9300, it sucks, the battery, the camera. It's nowhere close to Chinese brand phone. LOL, Samsung also produce fridge?

Yes, Samsung electronic need improve. Last time I bought a Galaxy i9300, it sucks, the battery, the camera. It's nowhere close to Chinese brand phone. LOL, Samsung also produce fridge?

What are you talking about. I use a Samsung galaxy note 3, and it is far superior to any previous phone that I used in terms of battery life, speed, camera, ect.

Much better than any apple product.

Yeah, it sucks. Coincidentally, my friend brought the same fridge and his motor busted in three weeks. It's fixed now but this has to be the record for shortest life span of a refrigerator.

I've no experience with Samsung phones so I can't comment.

Sony is one of my most favourite brands, it will be sad if they collapse.

I bought a Sony laptop back in 2005 and it broke in less than 1 year. That is when I stopped buying Japanese electronics all together. Way too expensive for its questionable quality.

xbox 360 manufactering right at the start they allready brake, american quality right there guys

What are you talking about. I use a Samsung galaxy note 3, and it is far superior to any previous phone that I used in terms of battery life, speed, camera, ect.

Much better than any apple product.

Note 3? It's too large, not portable. I don't think it's better than next generation iPhone.

It collapse for many reasons.

House hold appliances - Chinese just make their own
Cell Phones - Apple + Samsung are superior in quality, Chinese superior in cost.
DVD players Walkman VHS recorder - Museum technology
Gaming Console - Still good but has competition from Xbox
Computers Labtop - Just not competitive because too expensive, people rather buy Apple, Samsung, Lenovo,
TV - people don't watch as much TV anymore, also Samsung
Camera - Still good but many people don't see the point when a smartphone has a gazillion megapixels.

Add to the fact that the Japanese Yen was unnaturally strong from 2008-2012 (was trading at 1USD - 78 Yen compared to right now at 1USD - 102 Yen), consumers just didn't want to buy expensive Japanese products when they are not exactly better than others.

I would like to add expensive HiFi sets are a thing of the past, just like cassette/cd/md walkman. Japanese companies made a fortune with these electronic gadgets during the 80/90's. Digital format (mp3) replaced prehistoric audio hardware once and for all. Most computer hardware components come from Taiwan, plenty TW laptop brands, Lenovo and the expensive Apple were too much for Vaio to handle.
TV is replaced by LCD and LG/Samsung plus Chinese brands can out compete Sharp/Sony/Panasonic etc.
Camera is the only department that can survive because all these brands are Japanese. No matter how good a smartphone camera is it can never compete with a decent camera and every pro use DSLR.
Home appliances: China has domestic brands and EU countries have their own as well. German quality is simply the best.

Ok. Since I got fired from Japanese Company NEC in the past. So I short (financial term Long/Short) on Japan Electronic Industry :woot: (Loser mentality here hahaha). Since I was out from NEC 10 years ago, the company was about to bankrupt, even sold her head quater at Tokyo to repay the debt. (You need to retain good employee like me I told you. :toast_sign: )

Japan's electronic giants once ruled the world. Sony, Panasonic, Sharp were household names. Now those same companies are in deep trouble, losing billions of dollars a year. How have the mighty Japanese companies fallen so low? The BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes in Tokyo looks at what went wrong.
BBC News - What happened to Japan's electronic giants?

Hard-hit electronics giant Sony logs $1.3 billion quarterly loss
Hard-hit electronics giant Sony logs $1.3 billion quarterly loss | Business | DW.DE | 14.05.2014

May be this thread can later join the Japan Economic news.
What happened? Any expert here?
Why you got fired for real?

I agree, I had a bad experience with a Samsung smartphone. That's not to say Samsung are bad, but maybe bad luck on my part.

Nowadays I only buy Chinese brands, ideally from the PRC, or sometimes even the ROC (since technically they are "China" as well). HTC in particular is a very nice brand, so is Asus.

Why you got fired for real?

I resigned. I & Thai boss in japanese company were competing for a love of the same women. He abuse his power not to give me any single job. I see no point to try to survive in the company because of this, and also 1 another reason. NEC failed to R&D out routers, package (data) switches (telecommunication industry) at the beginning of the age of data (2004). NEC were selling Huawei package switches and other equipment at NEC to replace the old NEC digital swtiching!. There must be some problem about NEC innovation at that particular point and I can foresee company downfall in telecommunication equipment business very clearly.

In side NEC, people are staying in the office until late night for stupid reason, like to show off that you are a good employee. Many of the time without real benefit to stay late. Moreover, staying late night but cannot innovate the data switch out of R&D department, is simply waste of time.

Made in Japan is a brand name the name of confident whatever it's automobile or electronic
items, the globally bad economy make peoples buying Chinese or Koreans items coz Japanese items are more expensive BUT who have money and know the brands value still buying it. just one example Hyundai vs Toyota there is no match the quality speak itself, other thing as I said earlier the money.

I resigned. I & Thai boss in japanese company were competing for a love of the same women. He abuse his power not to give me any single job. I see no point to try to survive in the company because of this, and also 1 another reason. NEC failed to R&D out routers, package (data) switches (telecommunication industry) at the beginning of the age of data (2004). NEC were selling Huawei package switches and other equipment at NEC to replace the old NEC digital swtiching!. There must be some problem about NEC innovation at that particular point and I can foresee company downfall in telecommunication equipment business very clearly.

In side NEC, people are staying in the office until late night for stupid reason, like to show off that you are a good employee. Many of the time without real benefit to stay late. Moreover, staying late night but cannot innovate the data switch out of R&D department, is simply waste of time.

The Japan software R&D is particular weak and the East Asian culture is probably not very optimum for software engineering. I have worked in US, German and Japanese MNC.

The software department culture in the west is normally a rebel culture. People there do no conform to corporate rules because that is quite stiffing. The software department is also merciless. The free coke, free meal, play culture are just propaganda. In Software team there is rampant hire and fire. There are humiliation of colleagues who cannot deliver.

Japan software team is extremely gentle. I saw the senior willing to tutor weaker colleagues by sitting beside this person for hours. Also Japanese engineer do not voice out their opinion. They prefer to execute a task mandated by their boss even they have better ideas.

In white man land, the top software engineers rapidly ascend. In Japan it is more or less quite hierarchical base on seniority.

Made in Japan is a brand name the name of confident whatever it's automobile or electronic
items, the globally bad economy make peoples buying Chinese or Koreans items coz Japanese items are more expensive BUT who have money and know the brands value still buying it. just one example Hyundai vs Toyota there is no match the quality speak itself, other thing as I said earlier the money.

If you disappointed of Korean brand, you tend to return to use Japanese brand.
As me ...

Japanese brand means strictly quality management.

It is only now that USA is realizing that WW2 sanctions are outdated in the face of Chinese threat.
so wait for things to change in Japanese industry.
Very soon.

The USA has been urging Japan to modify its pacifist constitution and/or policies for at least ten years. The hold-up has not been USA opinions but those of the Japanese people themselves who do not want foreign military involvements.

Back
Top Bottom