What's new

What happened to all Japanese Electronic Giants? All of them are about to collapse!

Japanese electronics giants screwed up as they became complacent.

The car industry is very strong still though.

Japan should be able to offset some of the losses from selling defence equipment like submarines as that will be
highly profitable.

Sony story has nothing to do with korea or china but everything to do with america. Its since sony lost the console battle against the xbox 360 (now its equal but for long time xbox was leading) sony went into red numbers.

Its because of mainstream american propaganda why everyone went buy an xbox 360 that would break after 1 or 2 month and they clear inferior piece hardware. I can remember when my brother bought one after 1 month dead.

the earlier ps3 was way supirior it would hold like 5 years instead 1 month and it could play ps2 games. America can outprint any company, people should boycott MS and apple.
I owned an xbox 360. I brought it because I can get pirated games and buy the good games and avoid the bad ones. You couldn't that with PS3.

Sony shot themselves in the foot with that one.

Japanese electronics giants screwed up as they became complacent.

The car industry is very strong still though.

Japan should be able to offset some of the losses from selling defence equipment like submarines as that will be
highly profitable.

Yep, selling more conventional subs might be the only way to boost their home industry, although we are openly against them to amend the constitution.

I owned an xbox 360. I brought it because I can get pirated games and buy the good games and avoid the bad ones. You couldn't that with PS3.

Yep, for the Chinese gamers, the Xbox 360 was the premium choice, but right now the Xbox One isn't that generous either.

but you cant play online, also its also possible to pirate with ps3 using Hard drive

It collapse for many reasons.

House hold appliances - Chinese just make their own
Cell Phones - Apple + Samsung are superior in quality, Chinese superior in cost.
DVD players Walkman VHS recorder - Museum technology
Gaming Console - Still good but has competition from Xbox
Computers Labtop - Just not competitive because too expensive, people rather buy Apple, Samsung, Lenovo,
TV - people don't watch as much TV anymore, also Samsung
Camera - Still good but many people don't see the point when a smartphone has a gazillion megapixels.

Add to the fact that the Japanese Yen was unnaturally strong from 2008-2012 (was trading at 1USD - 78 Yen compared to right now at 1USD - 102 Yen), consumers just didn't want to buy expensive Japanese products when they are not exactly better than others.

but you cant play online, also its also possible to pirate with ps3 using Hard drive

Well, my friends told me that they can play online, but after an hour, the Xbox Live account was banned, while their machine was locked.

It collapse for many reasons.

House hold appliances - Chinese just make their own
Cell Phones - Apple + Samsung are superior in quality, Chinese superior in cost.
DVD players Walkman VHS recorder - Museum technology
Gaming Console - Still good but has competition from Xbox
Computers Labtop - Just not competitive because too expensive, people rather buy Apple, Samsung, Lenovo,
TV - people don't watch as much TV anymore, also Samsung
Camera - Still good but many people don't see the point when a smartphone has a gazillion megapixels.

Add to the fact that the Japanese Yen was unnaturally strong from 2008-2012 (was trading at 1USD - 78 Yen compared to right now at 1USD - 102 Yen), consumers just didn't want to buy expensive Japanese products when they are not exactly better than others.

Many of those consumer electronic products are made in China with Japanese name sticker.

The consumer electronics industry
You could play online buy you had to pay a yearly membership. The PS3 hard drive came much later. By that time the consoles were at their declining stage.

Yep, for the Chinese gamers, the Xbox 360 was the premium choice, but right now the Xbox One isn't that generous either.

PS4 is winning the war vs xbox 1. I'm still pc gaming. Graphics are like next gen with a decent video card.

Sony is one of my most favourite brands, it will be sad if they collapse.

In the past, Japanese household appliances was popular in China, but 15 years ago, they are replaced by Chinese domestic brand, not all the market share, but the majority. The same with Japanese laptop, Sony will pull out of PC market.

Ever since I can remember, all my appliances came from Haier, and my computers from Lenovo.

I was born in HK in the late 1980's.

Sony is one of my most favourite brands, it will be sad if they collapse.

Japan is heavily indebted, while the US is also heavily indebted.

Maybe they can sell their PS brand to Europe if they go bankrupt, since the Europeans are so fond of the PlayStation.

Ever since I can remember, all my appliances came from Haier, and my computers from Lenovo.

I was born in HK in the late 1980's.

:tup: They are also my first choice. Haier,GREE, Midea are all great, low cost and high quality. Lenovo Thinkpad is awesome, my American colleague use thinkpad, but I use DELL, I feel awkward. :lol:

:tup: They are also my first choice. Haier,GREE, Midea are all great, low cost and high quality. Lenovo Thinkpad is awesome, my American colleague use thinkpad, but I use DELL, I feel awkward. :lol:
Haier washing machine/dryer are not too popular here as the less informed Canadians buy Samsung, which has to be the worse brand for washing/dryer.

Stay away from the Samsung fridge. Mine conked out two times in two years. lol.

Back
Top Bottom