What's new

What does Pakistan school books teach about Hindus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the first communal riots in India were between Zoroastrians and Muslims ...Hindus are not always at fault

Direct Action Day in Kolkata changed the character of subcontinent...4,000 people in a single day.....this is an order of magnitude more than in any other communal riot witnessed in subcontinental History till then

Last edited:
It's the Indian politicians of all shades, the saffron clad mostly who have created the hateful ideology against Muslims for their own electorates rising exponentially.

School books cannot make any difference.

The rise of radicalization with Indian Muslims and Hindus on either sides was necessary for the rise of current hindutvadis and current anti Muslim government.

So saying hatred is taught in Pakistan against Hindus doesn't holds any water.

The grim ground reality in India can be seen and witnessed daily.

No such anti hindu radicalization in Pakistan. No hindu is ever lynched in Pakistan as you got to see in India the Muslim lynching.

In addition to the communal riots... unheard of in Pakistan.
OP was about anti-Hindu bias in Pak textbooks.

School books contribute to negative bias since childhood. Children's minds are the most impressionable.

OP was about anti-Hindu bias in Pak textbooks.

School books contribute to negative bias since childhood. Children's minds are the most impressionable.
Ban history lessons from school at all because history is not about fairy tales. It's about hard facts and in history we have massacres, genocide, war, rape and bloodshed. As school kids we went to the Concentration Camp Dachau and it was intense. No sugar coating. Why should we appease Hindus by this? History is history!

PS: Look for comments from Indian muslims.
Its really heartening to see indian muslims praising india in the comment section although pak is a muslim country...there maybe hundreds of problems in india but we dont teach hatred through our school text books..on the contrary we teach universal brotherhood..

Ban history lessons from school at all because history is not about fairy tales. It's about hard facts and in history we have massacres, genocide, war, rape and bloodshed. As school kids we went to the Concentration Camp Dachau and it was intense. No sugar coating. Why should we appease Hindus by this? History is history!
No one is advocating sugar coating or censoring history.
I believe no one says that Germans are bad people. They are taught that Nazis did bad things.
Similarly, the partition bloodshed where some Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims contributed were bad guys.
It does not mean that Hinduism or Islam is bad.

i fully agree with these folks . some racist stupids are writing these books and filling hate in kid s. luckily its did not enter in all of us i read these books but i have 0 impact of them on me .

Its really heartening to see indian muslims praising india in the comment section although pak is a muslim country...there maybe hundreds of problems in india but we dont teach hatred through our school text books..on the contrary we teach universal brotherhood..
Those Hindu-Muslims have no honour left. So you can have them. We can see your universal brotherhood in the news every day. Banning Azan, banning beef, eradicating Muslim history from present day India. Yes, you are real big brotherhood!

Hindus and Muslims are two different solar systems. No sugarcoating!

i fully agree with these folks . some racist stupids are writing these books and filling hate in kid s. luckily its did not enter in all of us i read these books but i have 0 impact of them on me .
You are not filling hate in these kids by just stating historical facts. Muslims and Hindus are different from each other. No need for sugarcoating.

Among my close university friends, about 10 or 11 people, 2 were Hindus

1. One was Brahmin, never ate meat
2. Other didn't eat meat on Monday and Thursday

So whenever we planned our outings, we used to see that the restaurant offers vegetarian dishes and the days in which we went out, didn't include Monday and Thursday

For fun, when Raksha Bandhan would come, one of my friends used to tease the hindu friends, to get a Rakhi (Bangle), from one of the BEAUTIFUL Muslim girls in our class.

NEVER EVER did a clash came regarding religion.
More do to with your EDUCATIONAL background.

Those Hindu-Muslims have no honour left. So you can have them. We can see your universal brotherhood in the news every day. Banning Azan, banning beef, eradicating Muslim history from present day India. Yes, you are real big brotherhood!

Hindus and Muslims are two different solar systems. No sugarcoating!
Give me a one report which says Azan is banned. Loudspeaker usage for Azaan during night hours is banned. Stop creating undue panic through exaggeration.

Give me a single Quran stanza which encourages eating beef. Although I dont agree that there should be a law against beef, but I dont understand the hue and cry over it either. Is it not common sense to voluntarily adjust a bit for the sentiments of the majority around you. Will it be ok for you if someone starts eating pork in front of you in Pakistan during Ramzan?

We Indians know we are from this land. Some Pakistanis do like to believe that they are from Middle East.

Take it up with the BBC if you disagree. They gave factual documents and ran through the episode. It happened months before the direct action day.
So, Communal violence that happened much like the violence during the Khilafat movement.
Erm no, that was mass agitation.
Sure. in Jinnah's own words calling for the Direct action day, " We do not want war. If you want war we accept your offer unhesitatingly. We will either have a divided India or a destroyed India "

Sounds very encouraging and peaceful.

Jinnah threw a bomb on an already tensed Calcutta which was under Muslim league rule. The League CM of Bengal declared a holiday on the "Direct Action Day" processions, which coincided with the Beginning of Muslims holy month. This followed by riots around India actually solidified the Pakistan movement. If you ask for one single reason for riots, and partition that will be direct action day. The blowback from Hindus forced congress to actually agree with the plan.

You don't have to emulate anyone, what's with the servant attitude. Just ban evil things like Hinduism and build a society based on equality. You also have serious rape problem so borrowing some Islamic legal code (very harsh for rapists) might help.

90% of Pakistani women report being the subject of domestic violence. Rape, honour killing. It's not religion, it's custom.

Same custom in India, but at least here people acknowledge that it's an issue. We don't bury our heads in the sand.

Give me a one report which says Azan is banned. Loudspeaker usage for Azaan during night hours is banned. Stop creating undue panic through exaggeration.
We are not stupid. We know what the real plan is. France first banned Niqab and everybody was fine with it, now they target Hijab too. If you give in, don't expect others to respect you any further. The goal is to ban Azan completely, you know that, I know that and everybody else knows that.

Give me a single Quran stanza which encourages eating beef. Although I dont agree that there should be a law against beef, but I dont understand the hue and cry over it either.
Muslims eat beef and there are lots of cows in India. Why should Muslims stop eating beef?

Is it not common sense to voluntarily adjust a bit for the sentiments of the majority around you.
Given our common history, there should more than just "we the majority decide what the minority eats". You would cry riveres when Pakistan would ban the Hindu idols because for a Muslim there is nothing more disgusting than idol-worship. But wait, only Muslims have to suck up, Hindus should be allowed to do what they want, yeah.

Will it be ok for you if someone starts eating pork in front of you in Pakistan during Ramzan?
NO. But Pakistan is an Islamic country per definition, your holy India is secular, meaning NO RELIGION. Not Hindus do Hindu stuff and Muslims have to do Hindu stuff as well.

Some Pakistanis do like to believe that they are from Middle East.
Having an Islamic identity doesn't make you an Arab.

90% of Pakistani women report being the subject of domestic violence.
Source: Dude trust me!

PS: Look for comments from Indian muslims.
Well fed, well educated, well treated.... The faces of these "oppressed" Hindus are telling everything.
Got everything from Pakistan, and started barking on international forums.
Why don't they raise this issue in parliament? They have representatives there.
90% of Pakistani women report being the subject of domestic violence. Rape, honour killing. It's not religion, it's custom.

Same custom in India, but at least here people acknowledge that it's an issue. We don't bury our heads in the sand.
Of course. These Hindus along with their families should be sent to India.
But wait, what happened to the ones who tried to? Murdered?

Backward and old fashioned writing style, common in old textbooks the world over sadly. This is simply outdated rhetoric, nothing sinister. Needs an urgent update for sure!

Meanwhile, I notice several characters attempting to derail the thread by making misinformed comparisons so let's remind ourselves that India - leave aside updates - has actually already erased the most successful era in their own coterminous history by declaring Islamic Hindustan to be an age of slavery. The contrast is stark. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with declaring sati and human sacrifice from true jahilia eras as barbaric, however India has declared Aurangzeb's progressive, advanced and economic powerhouse to be a "dark age" for India - the disconnect from reality is getting starker.

We are proud of our Pakistani Hindu and Sikh brethren and their loyalty. Interesting that their entire demeanour and posturing is so obviously Pakistani and any south Asian watching would automatically know they're Pakistani from such attributes. You can tell watching the way they speak so calmly and eloquently that they're not Indian. This is the most interesting thing I noticed in this video.

Well fed, well educated, well treated.... The faces of these "oppressed" Hindus are telling everything.
This is what I thought as well. Being from the upper class, having Ph.D. and nothing else to do but to bitch about Pakistan in a foreign news outlet. And then ask why Pakistanis question your loyalty to the state. I have never seen a Hindu saying something nice about Pakistan. Only those BBC-types of people.

Don't kill the messenger:
Hindus will always have a problem with Pakistan, because we are a Muslim state. Hindu-Muslim-Bhai-Bhai won't change the ground realities.

Got everything from Pakistan, and started barking on international forums.
Our government, army and PDF mods appease Hindus 24/7 but it's still not enough. We can build 100 temples for them next to Badshahi Mosque and they would still do the same.

Why don't they raise this issue in parliament? They have representatives there.
What issue? Not teaching fake history lessons?
Meanwhile, I notice several characters attempting to derail the thread by making misinformed comparisons so let's remind ourselves that India - leave aside updates - has actually already erased the most successful era in their own coterminous history by declaring Islamic Hindustan to be an age of slavery. The contrast is stark. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with declaring sati and human sacrifice from true jahilia eras as barbaric, however India has declared Aurangzeb's progressive, advanced and economic powerhouse to be a "dark age" for India - the disconnect from reality is getting starker.
India tries to eridicate its Golden Age (Muslim Rule) and they complain about Pakistan not teaching about the glory of Breast Tax, Saati and Idol-Worship. When will India start embracing its Muslim history? You advertise your country with the Taj Mahal but hate on the Mughals. Hypocrisy much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom