What's new

What do Iranians think of Pakistanis and Pakistan

This is just a personal experience but here it goes. I have a half Irani half Pakistani friend who took me to an Irani restaurant in Toronto but introduced me as Iraqi because he didn't want to be publicly associated with a Pakistani. Upon my confrontation he told me that Iranis view Pakistanis like most Pakistanis view Afghans: poor, involved in criminality, illegal immigrants. This was a rather shocking experience for me. But again this is just a single point of reference.
Are you still friends with that person?

I'm opposed to a lot of what your rulers and your clergy have been up to. These people are a disgrace as far as being custodians of the faith goes.

but I also realize that the common Arabians have little to do with what the al sauds decide to do, you don't vote, you have zero representation, if you dissent, they'll chop your head off. Not a good situation, I know.

still, ISIS ideology (sallafi), the so called rebels in Syria, spending billions of dollars brainwashing muslims the world over and turning them to the wicked saudi intolerant fascist ways.. I don't like it, and I'll keep talking about it.

deal with it.

Indian brain diarrhea :disagree:.

He unfortunately has a bad experience.

One of best friend is Iranian since childhood. He lives in the UK.

You get bad experience from all sorts of people. An individual person does not represent their entire nation. If a person takes a single experience and extrapolates that to represent an entire people, then either that person is a 12 year old kid or they're simply an imbecile.

You get bad experience from all sorts of people. An individual person does not represent their entire nation. If a person takes a single experience and extrapolates that to represent an entire people, then either that person is a 12 year old kid or they're simply an imbecile.
You are right, my dear Iranian friend.
My Aunt visited Tehran, and she said it is very beautiful.

Last edited:
I like you guys and your country in general . I like Iqbal lahoori and his poems .I love it that you write in nastaliq . Pakistan is the first muslim country that achieved nuclear technology without a massive help from foriegners so i am sure if you guys have the will to achieve more in the fields of science , economy and safety that would be possible .I just don' t get it why your country, a nuclear state , can' t destroy taliban and extremists .Maybe there is not enough will in your politicians to do so which I hope it changes if that's the case . Pakistan needs to get more industrial so it can improve it's economy .though i know that's not easy considering there are not much natrual resources like oil in pakistan but i am sure you guys can do much better if there be enough will .
I see a much more positive role for pakistan in the muslim world than some other countries in the ME and I hope to see more coopration between pakistan and Iran in the fields of border safety , economic , cultral and tourism .
All in all ,wish you all the best .Pakistan zindabaad :cheers:

I like you guys and your country in general . I like Iqbal lahoori and his poems .I love it that you write in nastaliq . Pakistan is the first muslim country that achieved nuclear technology without a massive help from foriegners so i am sure if you guys have the will to achieve more in the fields of science , economy and safety that would be possible .I just don' t get it why your country, a nuclear state , can' t destroy taliban and extremists .Maybe there is not enough will in your politicians to do so which I hope it changes if that's the case . Pakistan needs to get more industrial so it can improve it's economy .though i know that's not easy considering there are not much natrual resources like oil in pakistan but i am sure you guys can do much better if there be enough will .
I see a much more positive role for pakistan in the muslim world than some other countries in the ME and I hope to see more copration between pakistan and Iran in the fields of border safety , economic , cultral and tourism .
All in all ,wish you all the best .Pakistan zindabaad :cheers:
Thank you my Iranian brother.
Iran Zindabad as well.

Good People, a bit too obsessed with religion and idea of unity through religion, some are easily gullible to wahhabi propaganda and others somewhat identity crises, The ones raised in the West act either like Indians (who act like cheap imitations of some wannabe) or uber arab. Other then than, good people usually.

Normally Iranians and Pakistanis don't really think about others a lot. I've mostly met non religious Iranians in UK, they are really friendly but a bit reserved. They never ask you what religion or sect you belong to, can't say the same about many Pakistanis I met in UK who somehow manages to sneak in religious questions and if you get the wrong answers(i.e Shia or worse Ahmadi) then they stop talking to you.

Three rules for folks to follow;

1. If you are not Iranian, please don't speak for Iranian folk. Take a look at what the thread is asking and where he has posted it.
2. Do not bring sectarian rubbish to this thread.

My first and last warning.

It's only Pakistan where we have more Iranian than in Iran and more Arabs than in middle east, In all other countries their people are busy with their life and don't give a damn to what's happening elsewhere.

PS: In my personal experience People of Turkey, Azerbaijan, Sri Lanka and China are mostly positive about Pakistan, In Iran the older generation is also mostly positive.

As for the thread, every, and yes I mean every Iranian I have met has been kind and shown me wonderful respect and love. It really did not matter whether they were religious, or non-religious.

I can give three contrasting examples of an older Iranian lady who told me she was Muslim but "had no time for it". She treated me like a son, being a young man in a firm, she helped me at every given opportunity, and this was just down to the fact I was of Pakistani origin.

I recall going to an interview for a chartered accountant position and I didn't know the firm was owned by an Iranian couple, who had settled here since the overthrow of the Shah. My turn came and after a few standard competency questions the conversation turned to Pakistan. The husband was a huge fan of Nusrat Ali Khan, and his wife had visited Pakistan with her family. During my interview, her younger sister came in (head of HR), she was so beautiful (mashallah). She whispered something in her sister's ear and left. After a day or so, I received a phone call and I was employed by them.

During the wedding of my close friend, I came across an Iranian family who were my friend's guests. They saw my daughter and said she was very beautiful (mashallah) and asked what her name was. I told them her name, which represents the region from Pakistan to Iran, Afghanistan etc, and they were facinated. They went on and on about the similarities in cultures and faith.

I thought I'd share these.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom