What's new

What do Iranians think of Pakistanis and Pakistan

People of the world dont have strong opinions about Pakistan because they hardly register on anyone's conscious. Such a, for want of a better word, weak people they are. I am just about the only in-your-face Pakistani the world knows of. :lol:

Khob shoma migi chonke khoda midooneh chand sal pish azat porsidan aya shoma hindi, Iran folan o bisar darbareyeh Pakistan migeh...? In dorost nist, aslan sooratet shabihe hindi basheh mageh daran migan faghiro talebano in chiza hast...? Na... Aslan sareh in chiza narahat beshi baram ajibe, manam yebar ba yeh mosalmoone hendi sohbat kardam azash porsidam kojayi hasti goft hads bezan, khob mosalmoon bood goftam pakestani, zoodi narahat o tond shod goft na Pakistan in jooreh oon jooreh... Baazi vaghta be man gotan shabihe hendi ya arab mikhori, beheshoon migam nistam amma narahat nabayad beshi chonkeh baraye bishtareh mardom maha hameh shabihe hamim, nemikhan behet toheen konan
aha aree rasti baradar wali negah kun mann Irani ha ro wakian doosdaram bakhatir hameen unja raftam dars khondanm wali chan taa cheez ha hast ka maan ya unn pakistani ha ka tu iran hast/bodan muafiq neestam maan chand ta pesnahad dadm wali wazart aloom wa wazarat farhang muafiq na boodam. Muskil enn nest kah kasi man ro hindi guft muskil enn a kah bestar irani ha balad nestan ka pakistan hamsai iran hast.

aha aree rasti baradar wali negah kun mann Irani ha ro wakian doosdaram bakhatir hameen unja raftam dars khondanm wali chan taa cheez ha hast ka maan ya unn pakistani ha ka tu iran hast/bodan muafiq neestam maan chand ta pesnahad dadm wali wazart aloom wa wazarat farhang muafiq na boodam. Muskil enn nest kah kasi man ro hindi guft muskil enn a kah bestar irani ha balad nestan ka pakistan hamsai iran hast.
...motmaeni? Hata yeh pishdabestani ham peporsi migeh behet Iran o Pakestan hamsayeh hastan...

Well one of my professor in university was from pakistan. His son was a friend but well I had a small problem with that professor . he didn't accept the reference and only accepted a text book that there was only one copy of it in all of the university. Then at the time was at saravan I met several Pakistani and have no problem with them .the only problem was that by my understanding medical standards of Pakistan and Iran must be somehow different.

...motmaeni? Hata yeh pishdabestani ham peporsi migeh behet Iran o Pakestan hamsayeh hastan...
areh.. Mann khudam khali ziad irani ha marafi pakistan karda bodam waa unha aksar zawab jadan kah Pakistan dardish namikhora choon pakistan hech rabti ba iran na dara wa baad mann bha unha guftam kah baba pakistan hamsai shuma hasth degha wa irani ha khudan megan kah geography maa yek kam zaif hast.
Mann wakian unmoqa khali khandeedam:lol:

Well one of my professor in university was from pakistan. His son was a friend but well I had a small problem with that professor . he didn't accept the reference and only accepted a text book that there was only one copy of it in all of the university. Then at the time was at saravan I met several Pakistani and have no problem with them .the only problem was that by my understanding medical standards of Pakistan and Iran must be somehow different.
Thank you for your experience.

areh.. Mann khudam khali ziad irani ha marafi pakistan karda bodam waa unha aksar zawab jadan kah Pakistan dardish namikhora choon pakistan hech rabti ba iran na dara wa baad mann bha unha guftam kah baba pakistan hamsai shuma hasth degha wa irani ha khudan megan kah geography maa yek kam zaif hast.
Mann wakian unmoqa khali khandeedam:lol:
Shanse ma keh Iranihayi keh bahashoon harf zadi bi savad boodan :lol:

I as an Iranian who remember both pre and post-revolution times can share my understanding as follow;

- Most people have no correct understanding of the reality of Pakistan and its people.
- There used to be a very positive view before revolution, yet not as positive as Iranian view toward Japan, France, Germany, Lebanon, etc.. but among neibours Pakistan was one of the top options...

- During Iran-Iraq war (80-88) Iranians had also a positive view of both the country and its people.
- During Khatami presidency (ending by 2005) Pakistan has its peak of positivism as a country and somehow still positive view for its people.
- In last decade few negative phenomena started to affect this positive perception in Iran.

First, Pakistani national beggars became a visible scene in Iranian streets. I personally encountered tens of them begging for money in streets under fake excuses. There scene is no longer tangible in Iranian cities due to the action by the gov and awareness of Iranian citizens. This phenomenon seriously harmed Iranian view toward Pakistani brothers and sisters. There is another scene that is working against them. In Mashhad, if you go to Bus Terminals or cheap inns, you often see a large group of Pakistani religious tourists sitting (sleeping) on the dirty ground in a not so sanitary way. I have witnessed some personally. The scene is like you see 50 to 100 Pakistani male and females and children sitting on the hard ground or asphalt in a big human mass and they threw visible trash around them in a visible circle. This is not a good scene and I always was angry with their tour managers to not think about the image. I,m sure all of those people were nice and good people but every mass activity needs some rules and managers to handle it nicely.

Second, recent Pakistani political and religious backup of Saudi Takfiri agenda that is obviously an anti-Iran movement made so many Iranians hurt. They thought like Pakistanis are much much more closer to Iranians than Saudis, culturally, religiously, history, etc... But Iranians think Pakistanis are not independent enough to decide for themselves. This is what the majority thinks..

Today, the general view is that Pakistan is a poor developing country that despite its huge 200 million population is not independent and always listen to others for its decisions. Iranians became sure that Pakistan even though they have atom bombs are not strong enough to have even one gas pipe line for their own people needs and are always listening to the ones who bribe them with money or threatens them with power.

Most Iranians consider this Iran-India relation excuse of some Pakistanis as a very fake excuse as most of Pakistani's more firmer allies have far more strategic relations with India than Iran ever had.

Despite all these that I mentioned, if you ask an average old man or woman they would say they still have a positive view of Pakistanis. If you ask a young Iranian they would either say, they never thought about it or care enough to think about it or will try to be polite and say "we are neighbors"..

A few month back I had a Pakistani family friend came to me directly from, Islam Abad and I was a host to them. I took their young guy and girl to the average people and to markets and we interacted with normal people. Most people reacted as if they are Indians working in Iran. When I said they are Pakistanis they were surprised. but the overall reaction was still positive and friendly.

btw, I,m saying all this but you have to know that a considerable number of Iranians are racist people even without knowing it... If you ask them they would say "No, we are not racists" but then their actions shows how they are racist. This is a very bad problem and thanks God, it is diminishing among young generation.

overall, I think Iranians will become more positive toward Pakistanis in future. The more we hear about Pakistani becoming advanced scientifically and technologically and the more we see decent Pakistanis in Iran the more we get positive about them.

Religiously, Iranians consider Pakistanis to be very pure and sensitive. I found out recently that even Paksitani Shias who visit Iran for religious reasons are so so so much traditional and firm on their culture and beliefs. This is both good and bad at the same time. but one thing I am sure by now is that Pakistanis are very kind and pure people in heart and can become good friends for life.

Back
Top Bottom