What's new

What can Pakistan learn from Bangladesh?

Bangladesh has limited options, the best thing to happen is if they find a big oil reserve somewhere in their EEZ..The policy for them is to wait and watch.Bangladesh is a country made for Bengali speaking people so i dont see it expand beyond Indian bengal and Arkhane state through soft power , but via fire power?that will only happen if time allows.

LOL hope is not a smart strategy.

Bangladesh should be fine so long as it continues to develop but guards against Indian soft power.

You are absolutely correct though, Bangladeshis need to do some serious soul searching in regards to who they want to be.

Bangladesh is actually a very good story for asia. I did the last assessment for bd in 2017 with a positive outlook. There is model better than india from an economic perspective. The bottleneck will inevitably come at the mid income stage, it happened to asian tigers, pakistan, Vietnam
Where Bangladesh goes from here is upto hasina i guess. Shes not going a ywjere for the next 20 yeara was my assessment.

LOL hope is not a smart strategy.

Bangladesh should be fine so long as it continues to develop but guards against Indian soft power.

You are absolutely correct though, Bangladeshis need to do some serious soul searching in regards to who they want to be.

Think where Bangladesh would be 100-200 years from now. How Bangladesh plans to evolve with time.For example Post-Capitalism era if theres one dawning upon us.
Your leaders wouldnt think beyond next election year.So they woulnt be able tell you whats the ultimate destiny of your state.The usual generic statements like " bangladesh will help develop humanity and peace in region " is a diversion tactic to have masses never develop a real thought process.

Think where Bangladesh would be 100-200 years from now. How Bangladesh plans to evolve with time.For example Post-Capitalism era if theres one dawning upon us.
Your leaders wouldnt think beyond next election year.So they woulnt be able tell you whats the ultimate destiny of your state.The usual generic statements like " bangladesh will help develop humanity and peace in region " is a diversion tactic to have masses never develop a real thought process.

Yup.

That sort of thing isn’t limited to Bangladesh though.

Let’s look to our favorite place, the Middle East to see the short sighted nature of people.

Anyways, just a rant after a tough few days.

Brother, sincerely hope in sha Allah you have a good day.

We could go back and forth but what is the point, we are both Muslims and on the same side.

a article which was written by a pakisthani published on a pakisthani website, yet sum pakisthani claiming that "we never mention u..we never talk about u...bla bla bla..why dont u pakisthanis criticise ur elites,ur politicians for that??

Express Tribune is about as Pakistani as idol-worshipping Sharukh Khan...

You are mistaken and as expected fast to judge.
Economy is indeed important but not everything.Your economy alone cant save you from your intrinsic problems you inherited as a nation and those factors are internal as well as external. It really limits the potential clout of Bangladeshi people and i feel bad about it. Sorry to be blunt i wish Bangladesh well but this is my PoV.
You will become Japan economically but you will have to hand over the most important affairs of your state to an outsider in order to maintain progress of course unless miracles happens .

Why you say that as BD defence spending is growing at the rate of the economy?

Defence spending has increased from 1.3 billion dollars in 2009 to 3.9 billion US dollars in 2019. That is an increase of 3 times in 10 years. At this rate the budget will be 12 billion dollars in 2029.

You are confusing BD keeping a low profile while it develops it's economy as the path that BD is likely to follow forever.
Make no mistake BD'shis do not like India or Myanmar. A much more aggressive and assertive defence posture would come when BD has sorted the economy and made the military much stronger
You and I had this discussion a long time ago, but it is absolutely the Bengali provocateurs who bring out the ugly business here.

Pakistanis almost never mention Bangladesh, we know they kind of exist somewhere but don't rally care much.

Bengali posters however want to push the victim narrative.

One poster previously was implying that Pakistan should have been a super power because of Bengali Jute!
Seriously, that is how deluded you people are.
You think that Pakistan robbed you of your "wealth" which was basically jute and now we should be a super power because of it.

Interestingly, no mention of the investments made into Bangladesh by Pakistan like infrastructure, institutions, etc etc.

For me, the most insane part of all this is that the British colonized you people for 400 years (longest in all of South Asia), were responsible for multiple famines that killed like 1/3 of you population yet the visceral hatred only exists for Pakistan.

You can see the visceral hatred right here in this thread.

Dude....

Jute was very valuable in the 1950s and 1960s before plastics came into widespread use. If BD had this expensive resource for itself it would be at least 2 decades ahead of where it is now.
Why should we mention Pakistani investments in BD as they were only a fraction of exports from Jute and Tea?
The fact that BD is now seen as a role model developing country is more than enough evidence of how Pakistan held BD back.

Why you say that as BD defence spending is growing at the rate of the economy?

Defence spending has increased from 1.3 billion dollars in 2009 to 3.9 billion US dollars in 2019. That is an increase of 3 times in 10 years. At this rate the budget will be 12 billion dollars in 2029.

You are confusing BD keeping a low profile while it develops it's economy as the path that BD is likely to follow forever.
Make no mistake BD'shis do not like India or Myanmar. A much more aggressive and assertive defence posture would come when BD has sorted the economy and made the military much stronger

Dude....

Jute was very valuable in the 1950s and 1960s before plastics came into widespread use. If BD had this expensive resource for itself it would be at least 2 decades ahead of where it is now.
Why should we mention Pakistani investments in BD as they were only a fraction of exports from Jute and Tea?
The fact that BD is now seen as a role model developing country is more than enough evidence of how Pakistan held BD back.

Sigh.... Was Bangladesh the only place on earth growing jute?
No?
Then why are those other jute growing countries not super powers based on jute?

Like I said, deluded.

Also, didn't answer my question on the British.
That literally raped you for 400 years and yet you only hate us for 24...

Why the White man worship?

Sigh.... Was Bangladesh the only place on earth growing jute?
No?
Then why are those other jute growing countries not super powers based on jute?

Like I said, deluded.

Also, didn't answer my question on the British.
That literally raped you for 400 years and yet you only hate us for 24...

Why the White man worship?

Forget about others as each country is different.
Look what Norway did with it's oil compared to say Nigeria or Venezuela.
The UK was a coloniser and acknowledged that they were in BD to loot.
When is Pakistan going to admit to looting it's own countrymen?

Bangladesh is actually a very good story for asia. I did the last assessment for bd in 2017 with a positive outlook. There is model better than india from an economic perspective. The bottleneck will inevitably come at the mid income stage, it happened to asian tigers, pakistan, Vietnam
Where Bangladesh goes from here is upto hasina i guess. Shes not going a ywjere for the next 20 yeara was my assessment.

Not to Pakistan or Vietnam as neither have reached "middle-income" stage yet.

What is the solution?

Bow down to Soviets? Bow down to US?

Playing second fiddle to India may suit BD.

Surrender and cowardice does not suit a strong nation like Pakistan.
The best policy is to live and let live. Picking fights every now and then shows the insecurity of the people and the leadership of a country. A nation must prove itself in economic activities, industrialization, and learning and adopting technologies that produce consumer goods for the betterment of the people's lifestyle.

A matured country fights tooth and nail to show bravery only when a war is imposed upon it.

Hostility needs two rival countries, one hand cannot clap. An economic rivalry should be in place instead of military rivalry. Pakistan's military buildup is causing its own economic downturn. An economic buildup needs investment in the civilian sectors.

Pakistan is building military power while India is building military force. The February engagement was a telltale sign of how the fauj is making the right decision. Pakistan is changing and the effects will be seen in 2-3 years' time.

The best policy is to live and let live. Picking fights every now and then shows the insecurity of the people and the leadership of a country. A nation must prove itself in economic activities, industrialization, and learning and adopting technologies that produce consumer goods for the betterment of the people's lifestyle.

A matured country fights tooth and nail to show bravery only when a war is imposed upon it.

Who invaded our territory in Kashmir? Who is putting Kashmir in lockdown, raping and murdering people at will?

Who invaded Afghanistan and killed our brothers and sisters? Promoted terrorism against us.

Pakistan has taken back 1/2 of former state of JK from India.

Pakistan has successfully excised Americans and their allies from Afghanistan.

We are much more secure now than we were before.

I don't think people in your isolated geopolitical and cultural region can understand the ebb and flow of the regions in which we find ourselves.

We are in the thick of major world changes, and we have to adapt to new challenges as they come.

Also if you support occupation of Kashmir and Afghanistan and still call yourself Muslim, what can I say?

Pakistan following Bangladesh for economic development: Momen

[URL]https://www.newagebd.net/article/96935/pakistan-following-bangladesh-for-economic-development-momen
[/URL]
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Sylhet | Published: 01:33, Jan 18,2020

Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen on Friday said Pakistan was following Bangladesh for economic uplift of the country as Bangladesh had made a tremendous development in the last 11 years.

‘Pakistani economists suggested the country’s prime minister to reach the country’s economy to the equal level of Bangladesh within next 10 years,’ he said at a view-exchange with local journalists at the circuit house in Sylhet on Friday evening.

Paying tribute to Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the minister said because of the far-sighted leadership of Sheikh Mujib, Bangladesh had attained independence through the War of Independence many years ago.

‘We are now enjoying the benefits of independence. Otherwise, Bangladesh would have remained a backward country,’ he said.

Momen said during the Mujib Year, the development of Bangladesh would be showcased in the world through different programmes in 77 Bangladesh missions abroad.

Once dubbed as bottomless basket, Bangladesh had now become a land of opportunity and a country of vibrant economy, he said.

Mentioning UNESCO’s announcement of celebrating the Mujib Year along with Bangladesh, he said, ‘We are trying to name as many foreign streets or avenues after Bangabandhu and we are getting some positive response too.’

Earlier, the minister inaugurated the underground electricity transmission on Hazrat Shahjalal (R) Mazar Road in the city.

Sylhet City unit of AL president Masuk Uddin Ahmed, general secretary Zakir Hossain, Sylhet deputy commissioner

M Kazi Imdadul Haque and Sylhet police superintendent Farid Uddin Ahmed, among others, were present on the occasion.

What are Bangladeshis smoking now a days .... match Bangladesh economy in ten years?

dollar devaluation doesn’t mean all of a sudden we have less industrial capacity, less technology, less strategic value , less infrastructure , less resources ........

yes dollar devaluation made Pakistani GDP look less but GDP is a poor measure of any country’s true economic Position.
So in two years Bangladesh went ahead of Pakistan???? Only Hasina and her administration can achieve such fictitious achievement.
Look at PPP ranking as a more accurate reflection of a country. Even that has many inherent weakness but again people will believe what their leaders tell them.

What are Bangladeshis smoking now a days .... match Bangladesh economy in ten years?

dollar devaluation doesn’t mean all of a sudden we have less industrial capacity, less technology, less strategic value , less infrastructure , less resources ........

yes dollar devaluation made Pakistani GDP look less but GDP is a poor measure of any country’s true economic Position.
So in two years Bangladesh went ahead of Pakistan???? Only Hasina and her administration can achieve such fictitious achievement.
Look at PPP ranking as a more accurate reflection of a country. Even that has many inherent weakness but again people will believe what their leaders tell them.
Bangladesh is in a much better financial situation than Pakistan. More than 40 billion dollars in reserves vs 18 billion dollars in Pakistan. Moreover, Bangladesh has 30 billion dollars in exports vs Pakistan's meager 20 billion dollars.

Back
Top Bottom