What's new

We won't eat halal meat, say British MPs

you dont know what you are talking about and your comments is the most childish in this thread.....

Maybe I will learn something new...
So explain how Childish have I been?????

Thanks...

How do you figure that? A split-second shock to stun as opposed to a painful, drawn out execution. I know which option I'd take.

Science I guess(?) It was proven in German (non-Muslim) university.

It is also there in Judaism, yet I don't see anyone whining about Jews being blood-thirsty barbarians :lol:

Scientifically proving it can be debatable :azn:

But in the end, they are herbivorous animals with no conscience. And we feast upon them...(unless of-course one is a veggie :lol: :rofl:)

Having eaten at the houses of Parliment and many of the other establishments mentioned, I will be outraged if I find out I hav been served Halal without my express consent. I am all for pluralism and religious tolerance but why should the (significant) minority dictate to the majority? Have a Halal option just like there is a veggie option.

And you'd wonder where and how the legendary mad-cow disease came from?

British beef isn't as famous as it used to be.

Pity :rolleyes:

^^^^^
Whats the big hoo-ha about now? Let the MPs order take-away meals from restaurants of their choice. Then they can eat Halal, Kosher, Vegan, Jain, Low-Sodium, Low-Fat, Lactose-Free, Food-Less or any other meals of their choice.

Or better (and cheaper still) carry their lunch-boxes to Parliament. The harried British tax-payers in these difficult times will really really appreciate that. As it is the MPs did not exactly crown themselves with glory with their re-imbursement scandal in the past. They don't deserve any thing better. Nothing more than the British staple of "fish n chips" anyway.

They should provide halal dishes as part of the menu. Why are MPs offended exactly, I dont understand. How can they not be offended when we commoners see halal everywhere.
Are they special?

Is kosher meat halal ? Don't they use similar practices ?

Bottom line is that there should be a halal option available for those who want it, why not? if there is kosher and veg was the issue with having halal?

A fantastic speech, but no way to prove that great hypothesis, is it...... or prove it wrong with great link!!!!!!!!!!!!

When only one way is done then fanaticism has space to grow, and this has been for all religious sect....

Kosher is Halal.
Its the same thing for both Judaism and Islam.

The reason why so many members are debating this thread without reading the original article is because
of the stigma which is attached to Halal food in western countries.

Guys, stun or cut, the animal dies eventually and no one knows for sure about the theory of pain.

Haven't you considered plants, don't they have life ? they feel pain too .... so what is next ... Stun shot plants ?

No, we did, and we'll do it again if the ask us nicely :devil:

Your post says it all. I guess freedom of speech in your country is treading on Muslims feelings
Few months ago that same newspaper had refused to publish anti Christian articles

In kosher consuming fishes without scales is forbidden(correct me pls if i am wrong) Anyways I have personally expereinced that most of the Britishers dislike halal food because of the bloodshed associated with it.

What he meant was the method of slaughter is identical for both Halal and Kosher

No, we did, and we'll do it again if the ask us nicely :devil:

Stick to the topic....this is not a thread about Danish stupidity and bigotry..Its about something else...
No wonder your little biscuits,chocolates,yogurts and cheese don't sell in Muslim countries as they did,and we Muslims don't buy your products anymore..
Now go gloat in your victory...

Stick to the topic....this is not a thread about Danish stupidity and bigotry..Its about something else...
No wonder your little biscuits,chocolates,yogurts and cheese don't sell in Muslim countries as they did,and we Muslims don't buy your products anymore..
Now go gloat in your victory...

Oh no, we lost 2% of our exports to a few Muslim countries for a few years. I guess it was something like 0.01% of our total exports. Now the trading is up on the same level with Muslim countries as before 2005. And we still have freedom to say and write what we want, which we have had since 1848. Denmark has many things we could do better, but to change our right to free speech is not one of them

The entire article which PO began, sounds like a couple of British MPs is trying to get some attention by saying something that is provocative enough to appear in the paper and score some votes among the Islamophobes, and not about halal meat is better or worse than other meats.

.............The reason why so many members are debating this thread without reading the original article is because
of the stigma which is attached to Halal food in western countries.

Guys, stun or cut, the animal dies eventually and no one knows for sure about the theory of pain............

It's TRUE that the animal ultimately dies....and for our survival, we need to kill.........this thread would have died if you had accepted it like this.

But THIS debate is going on due to the fact that you guys are giving self-contradictory statements in order to logically and scientifically support a process mentioned in your religious book.

On one hand you are joking about it, as if eating halal/non-halal meat doesn't matter(#79)........on the other hand you are complaining about not being served "halal" meat.

At first you tried to uphold a bizarre concept of "Slaughtering with kindness" by assuming that the "halal" process is less painful therefore more kind.....BUT tell me, how can you fill your heart with kindness while killing something/someone??(whatever the process might be)

lastly, you are supporting the "halal" method by assuming that it is more humane/less painful etc.(#4,#38)....then when you got busted(no conclusive scientific proof available) you quickly changed your stance and accept that "no one knows for sure about the theory of pain" and Its actually about faith.

RELIGION(any) and LOGIC never go hand in hand.

Angering Muslims is new craze around the world

Read the above post and you will understand that you, yourselves are so much confused about your OWN religion and its teachings.

Then why do you get angry when others express their confusion and want to know logically why and what are you obsessed about so much.........If it's PURE FAITH, then stick to it....problems won't arise as people who believe would accept everything without question and those who don't believe, won't bother to question.

BUT when you try to give a logical and scientific dimension to your religious teachings.......problems arise, as people with logical minds would inevitably ask questions and you'll get angry for not being able to explain it logically/scientificaly.

Try to understand, Science is all about asking questions and seeking the answer logically. It's against blind faith.
So, when you claim that your religious teachings are scientific, then you have to prove it buddy.

Back
Top Bottom