What's new

We won't eat halal meat, say British MPs

That page uses neutral language to state it is referenced by islamic sites:
Between 1974 and 1978 Schulze and his colleagues carried out a study at the School of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover University in Germany. The study: ‘Attempts to Objectify Pain and Consciousness in Conventional (captive bolt pistol stunning) and Ritual (knife) Methods of Slaughtering Sheep and Calves’[4] is reported on islamic websites[5][6] to have concluded that "the Islamic way of slaughtering is the most humane method of slaughter and that captive bolt stunning, practiced in the West, causes severe pain to the animal".

The halal page has exact para which you stated above, but naughtily you did not copy the next line which says the method is dated( 1978?)

Halal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, i did give you link of the person who performed the experiment. There are sources(note 3, 4) under the article in German languages. I mentioned that the experiment was carried out in 1978

Halal meat is tastier.

Also, cutting the animal's throat is more painless than initially stunning it.
How do you figure that? A split-second shock to stun as opposed to a painful, drawn out execution. I know which option I'd take.

Having eaten at the houses of Parliment and many of the other establishments mentioned, I will be outraged if I find out I hav been served Halal without my express consent. I am all for pluralism and religious tolerance but why should the (significant) minority dictate to the majority? Have a Halal option just like there is a veggie option.

How do you figure that? A split-second shock to stun as opposed to a painful, drawn out execution. I know which option I'd take.

Having eaten at the houses of Parliment and many of the other establishments mentioned, I will be outraged if I find out I hav been served Halal without my express consent. I am all for pluralism and religious tolerance but why should the (significant) minority dictate to the majority? Have a Halal option just like there is a veggie option.

Did you read the thread at all?
The muslim MPs were lied to and told that the meat in Parliament house restaurants was halal when it wasnt.....

Then they asked for a few of the 23 restaurants to sell authentic halal food but were denied by other MPs....

I the same as asking them to STFO...and FO.
because they are muslims and asking for a certain type of meat which they like to eat

When , the animal is cut with Islamic principle, blood is drained out of the main vein. Quick removal of blood , numbs the animal and it no longer feels the pain

No blood = No pain

You might have heard people who have had a accident who lose blood to report that they feel numbness and no pain and that is excactly how the animal feels "No Pain" , the animal , feel same feeling as falling asleep and then falling into a deep sleep less pain.

Also when blood is not drained or when animal is struck with brute force , the animal becomes in shock state , and the body releases harmones and checmicals which get mixed in blood of the animal , and that is then passed on to humans, and similarly
Animal that dies with its blood all inside , the blood temperature falls and the inner cellure composition of the animal changes at a rapid pace.

Bottom line is CANCER rates in Western Civilization , is associated with animal consumption & possibly the wrong way to kill animals.

Bottom line is that there should be a halal option available for those who want it, why not? if there is kosher and veg was the issue with having halal?

Bottom line is that there should be a halal option available for those who want it, why not? if there is kosher and veg was the issue with having halal?

If there is not sufficient demand for halal/kosher, then restaurants have no obligation to serve it.

Conversely, if the demand is there and the halal/kosher process meets British govt. guidelines for humane treatment, then restaurants should serve it (purely as a business decision). People who are being difficult (for obvious reasons) can bring their lunch from home.

If there is not sufficient demand for halal/kosher, then restaurants have no obligation to serve it.

Conversely, if the demand is there and the halal/kosher process meets British govt. guidelines for humane treatment, then restaurants should serve it (purely as a business decision). People who are being difficult (for obvious reasons) can bring their lunch from home.

What I can't understand is why did they say it was Halal in the first place? and let Lord Ahmed eat it thinking it was Halal when it was clearly not, of course he was right to feel misled.

Also there are 23 restaurants and cafes could not even one of them provide a Halal option is it that hard? nobody is forcing the other MP's to eat halal but for the Muslim MP's who have the same rights as any other MP they should have that option just like a vegetarian does.

Also when blood is not drained or when animal is struck with brute force , the animal becomes in shock state , and the body releases harmones and checmicals which get mixed in blood of the animal , and that is then passed on to humans, and similarly
Animal that dies with its blood all inside , the blood temperature falls and the inner cellure composition of the animal changes at a rapid pace.

Bottom line is CANCER rates in Western Civilization , is associated with animal consumption & possibly the wrong way to kill animals.

A fantastic speech, but no way to prove that great hypothesis, is it...... or prove it wrong with great link!!!!!!!!!!!!

When only one way is done then fanaticism has space to grow, and this has been for all religious sect....

Did you read the thread at all?
The muslim MPs were lied to and told that the meat in Parliament house restaurants was halal when it wasnt.....

Then they asked for a few of the 23 restaurants to sell authentic halal food but were denied by other MPs....

I the same as asking them to STFO...and FO.
because they are muslims and asking for a certain type of meat which they like to eat

Since this is England I can certainly respond to this, jaisa des waisa vesa!!!!!!!!!!!

Likewise, do you think that Hindu MP are provided with fantastic meals when they order Veg....... It is usually some steamed Vege's and that is it.... You do not see them complaining about not getting there favorite paneer tikka masala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont know what you are talking about and your comments is the most childish in this thread.....

What I can't understand is why did they say it was Halal in the first place? and let Lord Ahmed eat it thinking it was Halal when it was clearly not, of course he was right to feel misled.

Yes, this is wrong. In the US, this would be grounds for a lawsuit, but the UK seems more forgiving.

Also there are 23 restaurants and cafes could not even one of them provide a Halal option is it that hard? nobody is forcing the other MP's to eat halal but for the Muslim MP's who have the same rights as any other MP they should have that option just like a vegetarian does.

Again, the non-Muslim MPs are just being bigots. If there was something physically wrong with halal meat or procedure, then they would have grounds to complain. But, given that halal is legal in Britain, their objection is purely based on some ridiculous alarmist fear of 'shariah taking over'.

^^^^^
Whats the big hoo-ha about now? Let the MPs order take-away meals from restaurants of their choice. Then they can eat Halal, Kosher, Vegan, Jain, Low-Sodium, Low-Fat, Lactose-Free, Food-Less or any other meals of their choice.

Or better (and cheaper still) carry their lunch-boxes to Parliament. The harried British tax-payers in these difficult times will really really appreciate that. As it is the MPs did not exactly crown themselves with glory with their re-imbursement scandal in the past. They don't deserve any thing better. Nothing more than the British staple of "fish n chips" anyway.

Back
Top Bottom