What's new

We won't eat halal meat, say British MPs

They could have served halal and koshar dishes separately. What is the problem?

Bl[i]tZ;2452684 said:
Some parliamentarians have eaten meat at Westminster having been assured it was halal

The Palace of Westminster has rejected demands to serve halal meat in its restaurants.

Muslim MPs and peers have been told they cannot have meat slaughtered in line with Islamic tradition because the method – slitting an animal’s throat without first stunning it – is offensive to many of their non-Muslim colleagues.

The stance has infuriated some parliamentarians who have eaten meat in the Palace’s 23 restaurants and cafes, having been assured that it was halal.

Lord Ahmed of Rotherham said: ‘I did feel misled. I think a halal option should be made available.’

In 2010, the Mail on Sunday revealed schools, hospitals and restaurants were serving halal meat to unwitting customers.

Waitrose, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Somerfield and the Co-op all said they stocked meat slaughtered according to Islamic tradition without letting customers know.

Fast-food chains including Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Hut, KFC, *Nando’s and Subway are also using halal meat without *telling customers, it was revealed.

Read more: We won't eat halal meat, say MPs and peers who reject demands to serve it at Westminster | Mail Online

Members of the Church of England have complained that the spread of halal meat was 'effectively spreading Sharia law' across Britain.

article-2080805-0AC64638000005DC-538_468x311.jpg

However, a spokesman for the House of Lords and the House of Commons confirmed that it was not served in their restaurants.

Alison Ruoff, a member of the Church of England, said: ‘It’s a bit hypocritical that the Houses of Parliament, which have allowed other people to provide halal food, have ruled it out on their own premises.’
When the meat is slaughtered, Islamic verse is uttered before the animal has its throat slashed.
At Halal slaughterhouses thousands of birds are killed every hour.

article-2080805-08275245000005DC-83_468x286.jpg

We won't eat halal meat, say MPs and peers who reject demands to serve it at Westminster | Mail Online

The reason We are to cut the animal like that and let it bleed is cause blood carries all the diseases in the animals and this process make sure all the blood is out of the animal and it prevents the People from getting any disease So this is not a humane or non humane issue this is for people health.

The reason We are to cut the animal like that and let it bleed is cause blood carries all the diseases in the animals and this process make sure all the blood is out of the animal and it prevents the People from eating it.So this is not a humane or non humane issue this is for people health.
What do you mean blood carries all the diseases. They are cleaned anyway, in non-halal method. And in some cultures they are used as food.
Blood as food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Science has moved long way since people belived we are created from blood clot or earth.

The reason We are to cut the animal like that and let it bleed is cause blood carries all the diseases in the animals and this process make sure all the blood is out of the animal and it prevents the People from getting any disease So this is not a humane or non humane issue this is for people health.

What crap! No wonder most muslim and asian countries are so medically backward.

Halal option should be available because british are a diverse society and this should be respected but there should not be a fuss about getting halal food. If halal meat isn't available then Muslims can eat vegetarians

It has nothing to do with the welfare of animals if some Mps refuse to eat halal meat.

What crap! No wonder most muslim and asian countries are so medically backward.
we may be "medically backward" if that is a terminology..
But you sound like mentally backward.
At leas come up with logical arguments instead of writing useless insults and accusations.

if you have a problem with what i am saying please feel free to prove me wrong but calling my religious practice crap just shows you are simply ignorant and clueless.

Your defence of it religious practice is valid, I dont think anybody will deny that. Your claim of blood carrying disease hence needs to be drained in halal method is not scintific though.
I think either halal should be completely banned(if govt has sound basis for that, like the dutch have done) or allow it everywhere.
What is special about parliament.

Your defence of it religious practice is valid, I dont think anybody will deny that. Your claim of blood carrying disease hence needs to be drained in halal method is not scintific though.
I think either halal should be completely banned(if govt has sound basis for that, like the dutch have done) or allow it everywhere.
What is special about parliament.

The argument that stunning an animal is less painful...has never been proved scientifucally...so even dutch givernment had no real reason for banning it. They only acted to show their hate towards muslims.

So non halal meat is more likely to be carrying diseases? Any studies to prove that?
I thought Muslims were forbidden from consuming blood therefore, they drain the blood?

Not every body cooks there meat completely as some people like it raw(flip the steak twice on bbQ count Mississipi 5 times and serve) or medium.

blood contains uric acid and other toxins which cannot be killed by cooking.

Back
Top Bottom