What's new

We need to bring the Biharis left behind To Pakistan

I think we are missing one obvious solution.

Pakistan's cities are overcrowded, need to build new cities.
With renewable technology and desalination, it is feasible to build cities in Baluchistan.

We can attract people to these cites and get the Biharis there as well.

Yes this will cost money, but if you play our cards right, it is feasible in the next 10 years.

Pakistan needs to help them with education and funding With in Bangladesh and use some levers and buttons to make them part of Bangladesh govt. Biharis can be an assets of Pakistan If used wisely.

Sadly, there is also secrarian politics in both sides of the political spectrum involving the repatriation of those stranded Biharis . Did you know that a large part of those Biharis are Shia ?

Last edited:
According to wikipedia we have 500,000 biharis in Bangladesh who are considered to be Pakistani urdu speaking. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I find it astonishing that we cannot settle 500,000 people in Pakistan, whilst we have 2 million Bangalis origin people settled, 1.3 million registered Afghanis settled here, 200,000 Rohingya origin, 250,000 Siddi people who are originally African.

I definitely blame it's the failure of our people and government. Imagine in the future we deny 10million+ overseas Pakistani entry to Pakistan.

These 500,000 people can easy be settled. Just find them some areas in Pakistan and build them houses, schools. They will themselves find jobs and future. I wouldnt recommend them to be settled in one area though, it could lead to problems in the future

Last edited:
So which province is anticipating an increase in senate and national assembly seats with of course extra funds needed for settlement? :D

This country did not value the people who made the real sacrifices for it. This started out as early as Ayub Khan's time when the Sindhi Punjabi feudals took hold of the state machinery and labelled Fatima Jinnah as an Hindustani agent.

This country did not value the people who made the real sacrifices for it. This started out as early as Ayub Khan's time when the Sindhi Punjabi feudals took hold of the state machinery and labelled Fatima Jinnah as an Hindustani agent.

As per the population quota sindhi Punjabi or aliens deserved all those state machinery jobs like others with every facility available at their door steps from the very get go. The state certainly cannot keep the rest of pakistan deprived to promote "merit"

And while you seem to be quite comfortable with your stereotyping of other pakistanis, bureaucracy of Ayub's time was over flowing with urban sindhis and not a single one stood in Madre milats favour. Protests way larger than the ones in urban sindh were staged in other parts of the country as well. It wasn't like Ayub got ousted Becoz of a single city of sindh had developed a dislike for him.

As per the population quota sindhi Punjabi or aliens deserved all those state machinery jobs like others with every facility available at their door steps from the very get go. The state certainly cannot keep the rest of pakistan deprived to promote "merit"

And while you seem to be quite comfortable with your stereotyping of other pakistanis, bureaucracy of Ayub's time was over flowing with urban sindhis and not a single one stood in Madre milats favour. Protests way larger than the ones in urban sindh were staged in other parts of the country as well. It wasn't like Ayub got ousted Becoz of a single city of sindh had developed a dislike for him.

I guess the Urdu speaking people's biggest fault was settling in Karachi. We could easily have founded a new city on the Makran coast and made it a bustling city. The Sindhis could have Karachi for themselves. I'm sure they would have turned it into a shithole like Hyderabad and Sukkur.

Hi,

If we can send the afghan refugees back to afg---and then we should look into getting the biharis into pakistan.

Now the problem of settlement---. They won't settle in punjab---they will all run towards karachi---after promising to settle in punjab.
They should be settled all over Pakistan with special arrangements. These arrangements may include providing electricity/ gas/ water connections on their CNIC cards in the city they have been settled for at least 10 years.

I guess the Urdu speaking people's biggest fault was settling in Karachi. We could easily have founded a new city on the Makran coast and made it a bustling city. The Sindhis could have Karachi for themselves. I'm sure they would have turned it into a shithole like Hyderabad and Sukkur.

So you prefer to live in wilderness but not with "jahil" locals? What's the reason behind this intense hate for the people who gifted the post 1947 settlers the best they could?

Punjab is the only accommodating and liberal province in truest sense. I truly regret that my forefathers settled in Sindh. I have one other family who settled in Punjab and they are doing incredibly well... None of them ever reported of any ethnic or racial tensions with natives of Punjab.
Me too. I regret that my family settled in interior Sindh and then moved to Karachi in late 70s (after facing extreme discrimination).

Those who settled in Punjab didn't face discrimination as far as I know.

But I have a decision to make now. Seriously thinking of moving to Faisalabad or Multan suburbs after I move back from GCC, and start a cattle farm.

Although the decision is 5-7 years away, but wanted to ask members here which place is best for cattle farming.

My father already lost his poultry land when he returned from KSA in late 90s. A Sindhi feudal snatched the land and the farm from us. I hope this will not happen in Punjab in shaa Allah.

I'm sure they would have turned it into a shithole like Hyderabad Sukkur.

If it wasn't for the feudal, capitilist urge to make a escape heaven outside their original localities Karachi would still be a God forsaken town.

Me too. I regret that my family settled in interior Sindh and then moved to Karachi in late 70s (after facing extreme discrimination).

Those who settled in Punjab didn't discriminate as far as I know.

But I have a decision to make now. Seriously thinking of moving to Faisalabad or Multan suburbs after I move back from GCC, and start a cattle farm.

Although the decision is 5-7 years away, but wanted to ask members here which place is best for cattle farming.

My father already lost his poultry land when he returned from KSA in late 90s. A Sindhi feudal snatched the land and the farm from us. I hope this will not happen in Punjab in shaa Allah.

Ap punjab a jao Hamaray shehar Kisi or ki vja sy paleet nahi hotya or na he local log Kisi nak Chari dulhan ki trha nak mun bnaaty hain :p:

Those who settled in Punjab didn't discriminate as far as I know.

Punjabis are nowhere as racist as Sindhis. Karachi is made on the blood and sweat of Pathan and Punjabi labourers, Memon Ismaili, Chinioti and Parsi businessmen and Muhajir administrators. Only for anghoota chaap Sindhi feudals to usurp it. As soon as Gwadar develops, Muhajirs should think of moving there. Let these Sindhis rule Karachi and turn it into a shithole like their entire province

Punjabis are nowhere as racist as Sindhis. Karachi is made on the blood and sweat of Pathan and Punjabi labourers, Memon Ismaili, Chinioti and Parsi businessmen and Muhajir administrators. Only for anghoota chaap Sindhi feudals to usurp it. As soon as Gwadar develops, Muhajirs should think of moving there. Let these Sindhis rule Karachi and turn it into a shithole like their entire province

Does that mass exodus include Punjabi mohajirs too? I believe someone will still gonna fear a "demographic change" if they accompany the urban sindhis - - - - - - may be the millions settled in punjab don't consider them true muhajir till this date?

Which city is better?

I have a very good business plan. Don't want to settle in Sindh and lose my land to "Dharails".

For agri business central punjab is liberal and welcoming

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom