What's new

We need to bring the Biharis left behind To Pakistan

I feel so ashamed, we have helped the Afghans, the Rohingya, and so many others, but we keep ignoring our brothers who have always shown nothing but love for Pakistan.

On my part, I beg forgiveness from my Bihari brothers and sisters, I hope one day you will live in the land that you call home, our hearts and our land will always have space for you.

Me too. I regret that my family settled in interior Sindh and then moved to Karachi in late 70s (after facing extreme discrimination).

Those who settled in Punjab didn't face discrimination as far as I know.

But I have a decision to make now. Seriously thinking of moving to Faisalabad or Multan suburbs after I move back from GCC, and start a cattle farm.

Although the decision is 5-7 years away, but wanted to ask members here which place is best for cattle farming.

My father already lost his poultry land when he returned from KSA in late 90s. A Sindhi feudal snatched the land and the farm from us. I hope this will not happen in Punjab in shaa Allah.

I have friends in Faisalabad. good old friends, i made in UK.. still in touch. That's why I was thinking about Faisalabad.

Another city I like is Multan.

I am from Faisalabad. Come to this area, people are very open and kind to anyone. If you learn Punjabi, even better. Agricultural land is plentiful in this area. Pakistani government has some schemes to attract people to this area.

No wonder MQM turned out be such a militant party... The more I read about the injustice committed by sons of soil...The more I want to see MQM 2.0 to be back... Pretty sure my vote in next election will be MQM.

Please brother, do not do that. We need Urdu speaker brothers to be united with the rest of Pakistanis (Punjabis and Pukhtoons) in PTI.

We will take out PPP and N league together.

Ethnic politics is toxic to all. Let's not repeat mistakes of 90s.

I loathe the Muhajir term. I am a Pakistani. All this Muhajir Qoum movement started as a result of Bhutto's policies. He placed illiterate corrupt Sindhis in Karachi's bureacratic posts and introduced useless quota systems even though Karachi has a bigger Pathan and Urdu speaking population. They were robbed of their rights. The only solution is to make Karachi a union territory.
So the question is if Mohajirs living in Karachi start calling themselves Sindhi, will the Sindhi accept that?
I don't think so.
There's a very large population of Punjabis in the interior Sindh. Those are all from Indian Punjab who had to leave home due to Sikh massacring Muslims in 1947 and 1948.
They boarded whichever trains were going west and many disembarked in Lahore. Many continued towards Sindh and now are settled in the Sindhi towns andaand villages all along the railway line .
They speak Sindhi as good as any Sindhi and many even married locally with ethnic Sindhis.
Even they are discriminated against and not called Sindhi by the Sindhi.
So what chances Mohajir have to be accepted as Sindhi?
Hence the mohajir ethnic identity.

True, but now it is equally out of control.

Please see what these 3 MQM-London supporters, who have been arrested in the last one month, were doing for RAW
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fia-arrests-member-of-raw-sleeper-cell-in-karachi.665359/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fia-...r-cell-in-karachi.665359/page-4#post-12331902

MQM other factions, are just a smoke screen. Old wine in a new bottle.

Imagine abandoning a group of people who got massacred and raped just because they stayed loyal to the country. The very same country that literally pi$$ed on their sacrifices. First time they suffered in 1947 and then again in 1971..

Then these guys wonder what made MQM so crazy. The more I read history ,the more I am beginning to sympathize with MQM.

I am from Faisalabad. Come to this area, people are very open and kind to anyone. If you learn Punjabi, even better. Agricultural land is plentiful in this area. Pakistani government has some schemes to attract people to this area.

Please brother, do not do that. We need Urdu speaker brothers to be united with the rest of Pakistanis (Punjabis and Pukhtoons) in PTI.

We will take out PPP and N league together.

Ethnic politics is toxic to all. Let's not repeat mistakes of 90s.

As much as I want to agree with you , I know it is all false. What kind of a unity you are talking about... There was no unity to begin with. Imagine pissing on the sacrifices of the very same people that made and protected Pakistan... No wonder MQM bailed on state...I feel so uneasy and less patriotic the more I read about it. Imagine if you experienced this personally...

Why would you die for a state that doesn't give a shit about you or your people ....

For starters , you can read these books.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00856401.2016.1228714

https://books.google.com.pk/books/a...VV17IC&source=kp_book_description&redir_esc=y

It's truly pathetic. Why can't Pakistanis get over their stupid *** provinces/ ethnicities and whatever the hell other lines they want to segregate each other with.

A thread about bringing these guys home turned into crying match of certain factions feeling threatened.

Bottom line is Pakistan will survive, but these degenerates will continue to suffer from their own ignorance; through which frankly I have started feeling less bad about. They all make me sick.

Me too. I regret that my family settled in interior Sindh and then moved to Karachi in late 70s (after facing extreme discrimination).

Those who settled in Punjab didn't face discrimination as far as I know.

But I have a decision to make now. Seriously thinking of moving to Faisalabad or Multan suburbs after I move back from GCC, and start a cattle farm.

Although the decision is 5-7 years away, but wanted to ask members here which place is best for cattle farming.

My father already lost his poultry land when he returned from KSA in late 90s. A Sindhi feudal snatched the land and the farm from us. I hope this will not happen in Punjab in shaa Allah.

Come Kashmir, living in the mountains is beautiful. Starting a farm maybe difficult though, unless it's a few acres.

The best city is Islamabad, Mirpur is also a nice quiet city. I never been anywhere else so cant judge but I couldn't live in cities like Karachi, Lahore, they are too big and busy. The defence areas which are made for the rich are a different world.

Last edited:
That plan never materialized because of Sindhi resistance. The agreement was scrapped because of Sindhi violence.

Jan 10, 1993 Agreement Signed

Jan 11, 1993 A bomb exploded in the southern Pakistan town of Kotri, killing 13 people. The bomb was planted in a Bihari colony in Kotri (Sindhis are alleged to be involved in the bombing).

Jan 23, 1993 Two bombs were set off in shops, killing 22 people and wounding more than 100, allegedly by the Jeyay Sindh, a nationalist group opposed to the immigration of the Urdu-speaking Biharis.

Oct 31, 1995 Pakistan's Interior Minister, Naseerullah Babar, stated that over 2 million illegal immigrants (mainly in Karachi) would be deported and that Pakistan would not accept the Biharis in Bangladesh. Babar indicated that he had asked other Islamic countries to take in the stranded Pakistanis; however, the MQM asserted that Pakistan had a moral responsibility to accept the Biharis (Reuters, 10/31/95).

Sep 5, 1996 Pakistan's Interior Minister Naseerullal Babar asserts that as long as he retains his position , no bihari will be allowed in.

Mar 8, 1997 The coalition government of Pakistan's Sindh province has added the Bihari issue to its agenda. Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto says that she opposes the repatriation of the Biharis as it could threaten national unity and security.

@PakSword .. Check kar treatment by sons of soil...
Being blow up into pieces.....Their crime , being loyal to the state till the very end.

No wonder MQM turned out be such a militant party... The more I read about the injustice committed by sons of soil...The more I want to see MQM 2.0 to be back... Pretty sure my vote in next election will be MQM.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM ... You might be interested in this.

Bitter truth.

Problem is that MQM was created by establishment to bring a balance in Sindh, but Altaf Hussain damaged the cause more than helping it.

Bitter truth.

Problem is that MQM was created by establishment to bring a balance in Sindh, but Altaf Hussain damaged the cause more than helping it.

I feel for the loyal Pakistanis who couldn't come to Pakistan, but I think these types of people exist everywhere, even when we go to Kashmir, the locals hate on us and gang up against us, they dream of a day when you dont come back and they would overtake your house and land. A small minority though.

About MQM, imagine we were in their shoes, on one hand the terrorist extremist groups trying to hurt them, then the Sindhi Nationalist with their bombings. The Pakistani state should have stood its ground and bought back the Biharis and protected these people. Every action has a reaction. The mistake of MQM was when Pakistan changed, they too should have given up the weapons and threats but instead Altaf Hussain kept all the old grudges, even the terrorist are playing the art of sweetness and some of their scholars have become the established favourite pets.

I feel for the loyal Pakistanis who couldn't come to Pakistan, but I think these types of people exist everywhere, even when we go to Kashmir, the locals hate on us and gang up against us, they dream of a day when you dont come back and they would overtake your house and land. A small minority though.

About MQM, imagine we were in their shoes, on one hand the terrorist extremist groups trying to hurt them, then the Sindhi Nationalist with their bombings. The Pakistani state should have stood its ground and bought back the Biharis and protected these people. Every action has a reaction. The mistake of MQM was when Pakistan changed, they too should have given up the weapons and threats but instead Altaf Hussain kept all the old grudges, even the terrorist are playing the art of sweetness and some of their scholars have become the established favourite pets.
Well Said!

Anyone in confusion about Altaf & Co. Can visit the following thread and see in one month why 3 arrests, on allegations of working for RAW.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fia-arrests-member-of-raw-sleeper-cell-in-karachi.665359/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fia-...r-cell-in-karachi.665359/page-4#post-12331902

Gifted...

Lol.. read up liaquat-Nehru Pact...

You speak as if sindhis gave their own houses , farmlands , cattles and daughters to us...

We only got what hindus left behind.

I didn't mean to undermine new settlers but the only thing which annoys me the most is when someone stereotypes a whole community like these evil sindhis, them sindhis, those illiterate sindhis or take offense in being called a sindhi, i mean how should we address someone from urban sindhi then? Yankee? - - - its outrageous to say the least when the literacy rate of Karachi also is piss poor

I didn't mean to undermine new settlers but the only thing which annoys me the most is when someone stereotypes a whole community like these evil sindhis, them sindhis, those illiterate sindhis or take offense in being called a sindhi, i mean how should we address someone from urban sindhi then? Yankee? - - - its outrageous to say the least when the literacy rate of Karachi also is piss poor

I agree brother. I met many racist and cunning people from other ethnicity and caste, bradaris etc, there are so many good people too, same with Kashmiris, so many nice good people but those greedy ones are the one who cause divisions. This has nothing to do with ethnicity or area but greed, love for the dunya and materialism.

It all goes back to our state and education system. Why we cannot revolutionise the education system, media and bring in things which unite us.
Also why are our politicians and corrupt elite allowed to exploit us based of these differences. Sometimes on language, sometimes on ethnicity. Even it we make one language and one ethnicity, they would still divide us on different areas, cities, opinions.

I agree brother. I met many racist and cunning people from other ethnicity and caste, bradaris etc, there are so many good people too, same with Kashmiris, so many nice good people but those greedy ones are the one who cause divisions. This has nothing to do with ethnicity or area but greed, love for the dunya and materialism.

It all goes back to our state and education system. Why we cannot revolutionise the education system, media and bring in things which unite us.
Also why are our politicians and corrupt elite allowed to exploit us based of these differences. Sometimes on language, sometimes on ethnicity. Even it we make one language and one ethnicity, they would still divide us on different areas, cities, opinions.

A year ago an Urdu speaking family settled in our area, Kisi ***** ki himat nahi pari in ko kahay demography change kr di ya so and so crap. Pakistan is for all and if someone doesn't like any person from a different background coming to his city, he can simply go *******. Yeh to koi tareeka nahi k doosro k vjood sy he masla Shoro ho jy k ya to in kp nikalo ya Hmy elehda Kro.

Aysay laaard sahiban ko Buckingham palace shift ho jana cheahey .

Furthermore the basic reason behind punjab's relatively exponential growth is that Punjab overwhelmingly is welcoming to all. more people migrated to punjab than any place in Pakistan but we never saw no ethnic clash of any kind. People usually their mind their business and pay their electricity and gas bills.

Back
Top Bottom