What's new

We need to bring the Biharis left behind To Pakistan

Punjabis are nowhere as racist as Sindhis. Karachi is made on the blood and sweat of Pathan and Punjabi labourers, Memon Ismaili, Chinioti and Parsi businessmen and Muhajir administrators. Only for anghoota chaap Sindhi feudals to usurp it. As soon as Gwadar develops, Muhajirs should think of moving there. Let these Sindhis rule Karachi and turn it into a shithole like their entire province
Karachi has turned into a shit hole not because of Sindhis, but Sindh government.

PPPs whole politics in dependent on fueling racism, which is never going to end.

The next problem that will be faced by whole Pakistan because of Sindhi feuds is water scarcity. They are gonna create a lot of problems around new dam construction.

For agri business central punjab is liberal and welcoming
I have friends in Faisalabad. good old friends, i made in UK.. still in touch. That's why I was thinking about Faisalabad.

Another city I like is Multan.

So you prefer to live in wilderness but not with "jahil" locals? What's the reason behind this intense hate for the people who gifted the post 1947 settlers the best they could?

Gifted...

Lol.. read up liaquat-Nehru Pact...

You speak as if sindhis gave their own houses , farmlands , cattles and daughters to us...

We only got what hindus left behind.

Does that mass exodus include Punjabi mohajirs too? I believe someone will still gonna fear a "demographic change" if they accompany the urban sindhis - - - - - - may be the hundreds kfnmillions settled in punjab don't consider them true muhajir till this date?

For agri business central punjab is liberal and welcoming

I loathe the Muhajir term. I am a Pakistani. All this Muhajir Qoum movement started as a result of Bhutto's policies. He placed illiterate corrupt Sindhis in Karachi's bureacratic posts and introduced useless quota systems even though Karachi has a bigger Pathan and Urdu speaking population. They were robbed of their rights. The only solution is to make Karachi a union territory.

Punjab is the only accommodating and liberal province in truest sense. I truly regret that my forefathers settled in Sindh. I have one other family who settled in Punjab and they are doing incredibly well... None of them ever reported of any ethnic or racial tensions with natives of Punjab.
true , punjab and punjabis has this very amazing charachter ... no racial or ethinic bias if you live or visit their land... yeh sab ko apnay rang main dhal leta hai

Richard Harris on twitter tweeted about this. I think it is something we need to re-focus on, especially since we have a Prime Minister who displays empathy towards those who have been wronged.

As a Pakistani Punjabi, I would be in favor of (at least initially) settling them in various parts of Punjab. We are a massive province of 100 million people and can easily absorb them without causing any kind of demographic imbalance.

The goal would be to spread out the settlements in various cities and towns, rather than one large settlement, to reduce the impact on any one town or city.

Hi,

If we can send the afghan refugees back to afg---and then we should look into getting the biharis into pakistan.

Now the problem of settlement---. They won't settle in punjab---they will all run towards karachi---after promising to settle in punjab.

Can anyone from Mian Channu confirm, what happened to these Biharis?

Stranded Pakistanis Come ‘Home’ After 21 Years
January 10, 1993
LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) _ A group of 325 Bihari Muslims arrived in Pakistan on Sunday, starting the resettlement of refugees stranded when East Pakistan became Bangladesh in the 1971 war.

Waving the green-and-white flag of Pakistan, some of the Biharis wept as they got off the chartered Russian IL-86 plane in this eastern city, and knelt to kiss the ground. Others shouted ″Long Live Pakistan 3/8″ and ″God Is Great 3/8″

Foreign Ministry spokesman Khalid Salim said their arrival was the first phase in the return of 230,000 Biharis, who have been living in more than 60 filthy, disease-ridden refugee camps across Bangladesh.

Pakistani officials say it could take years before the airlift is completed.

The Biharis are descendents of Indian Muslims who moved to East Pakistan when the subcontinent was partitioned in 1947.

In December 1971, after a 17-day war, East Pakistan declared independence from West Pakistan and named itself Bangladesh.

At the time, nearly half a million Biharis in Bangladesh said they wanted to live in Pakistan. More than 175,000 were repatriated by the International Red Cross under the supervision of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees until 1974.

But successive Pakistani governments have shied away from repatriating the Biharis. Many Pakistanis fear the influx of Biharis will add to the ethnic tension that already exists in Pakistan, where five major ethnic groups seek equal status.

Higher unemployment and economic hard times also have fueled opposition to the repatriation.

During an official visit to Bangladesh last year, however, Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif agreed to accept the Biharis if they agreed to settle in eastern Punjab Province, and if international agencies helped pay the bill.

The Saudi-based charity Rabita Al-Alam Al-Islami, or World Muslim Congress, has arranged to pay for the resettlement.

The Urdu-speaking Biharis will settle in the tiny village of Mian Channu, about 120 miles from Lahore. The government has built dozens of new homes for them, Salim said, and has promised a monthly stipend to each family.

https://apnews.com/59177b57acbd693192191071378add4f

Can anyone from Mian Channu confirm, what happened to these Biharis?

Stranded Pakistanis Come ‘Home’ After 21 Years
January 10, 1993
LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) _ A group of 325 Bihari Muslims arrived in Pakistan on Sunday, starting the resettlement of refugees stranded when East Pakistan became Bangladesh in the 1971 war.

Waving the green-and-white flag of Pakistan, some of the Biharis wept as they got off the chartered Russian IL-86 plane in this eastern city, and knelt to kiss the ground. Others shouted ″Long Live Pakistan 3/8″ and ″God Is Great 3/8″

Foreign Ministry spokesman Khalid Salim said their arrival was the first phase in the return of 230,000 Biharis, who have been living in more than 60 filthy, disease-ridden refugee camps across Bangladesh.

Pakistani officials say it could take years before the airlift is completed.

The Biharis are descendents of Indian Muslims who moved to East Pakistan when the subcontinent was partitioned in 1947.

In December 1971, after a 17-day war, East Pakistan declared independence from West Pakistan and named itself Bangladesh.

At the time, nearly half a million Biharis in Bangladesh said they wanted to live in Pakistan. More than 175,000 were repatriated by the International Red Cross under the supervision of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees until 1974.

But successive Pakistani governments have shied away from repatriating the Biharis. Many Pakistanis fear the influx of Biharis will add to the ethnic tension that already exists in Pakistan, where five major ethnic groups seek equal status.

Higher unemployment and economic hard times also have fueled opposition to the repatriation.

During an official visit to Bangladesh last year, however, Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif agreed to accept the Biharis if they agreed to settle in eastern Punjab Province, and if international agencies helped pay the bill.

The Saudi-based charity Rabita Al-Alam Al-Islami, or World Muslim Congress, has arranged to pay for the resettlement.

The Urdu-speaking Biharis will settle in the tiny village of Mian Channu, about 120 miles from Lahore. The government has built dozens of new homes for them, Salim said, and has promised a monthly stipend to each family.

https://apnews.com/59177b57acbd693192191071378add4f

Most likely living in mian channu or moved to some other city.

That plan never materialized because of Sindhi resistance. The agreement was scrapped because of Sindhi violence.

Jan 10, 1993 Agreement Signed

Jan 11, 1993 A bomb exploded in the southern Pakistan town of Kotri, killing 13 people. The bomb was planted in a Bihari colony in Kotri (Sindhis are alleged to be involved in the bombing).

Jan 23, 1993 Two bombs were set off in shops, killing 22 people and wounding more than 100, allegedly by the Jeyay Sindh, a nationalist group opposed to the immigration of the Urdu-speaking Biharis.

Oct 31, 1995 Pakistan's Interior Minister, Naseerullah Babar, stated that over 2 million illegal immigrants (mainly in Karachi) would be deported and that Pakistan would not accept the Biharis in Bangladesh. Babar indicated that he had asked other Islamic countries to take in the stranded Pakistanis; however, the MQM asserted that Pakistan had a moral responsibility to accept the Biharis (Reuters, 10/31/95).

Sep 5, 1996 Pakistan's Interior Minister Naseerullal Babar asserts that as long as he retains his position , no bihari will be allowed in.

Mar 8, 1997 The coalition government of Pakistan's Sindh province has added the Bihari issue to its agenda. Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto says that she opposes the repatriation of the Biharis as it could threaten national unity and security.

@PakSword .. Check kar treatment by sons of soil...
Being blow up into pieces.....Their crime , being loyal to the state till the very end.

No wonder MQM turned out be such a militant party... The more I read about the injustice committed by sons of soil...The more I want to see MQM 2.0 to be back... Pretty sure my vote in next election will be MQM.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM ... You might be interested in this.

Last edited:
That plan never materialized because of Sindhi resistance. The agreement was scrapped because of Sindhi violence.

Jan 11, 1993 A bomb exploded in the southern Pakistan town of Kotri, killing 13 people. The bomb was planted in a Bihari colony in Kotri (Sindhis are alleged to be involved in the bombing).

Jan 23, 1993 Two bombs were set off in shops, killing 22 people and wounding more than 100, allegedly by the Jeyay Sindh, a nationalist group opposed to the immigration of the Urdu-speaking Biharis.

Oct 31, 1995 Pakistan's Interior Minister, Naseerullah Babar, stated that over 2 million illegal immigrants (mainly in Karachi) would be deported and that Pakistan would not accept the Biharis in Bangladesh. Babar indicated that he had asked other Islamic countries to take in the stranded Pakistanis; however, the MQM asserted that Pakistan had a moral responsibility to accept the Biharis (Reuters, 10/31/95).

@PakSword .. Check kar treatment by sons of soil...
Being blow up into pieces.....Their crime , being loyal to the state till the very end.

No wonder MQM turned out be such a militant party... The more I read about the injustice committed by sons of soil...The more I want to see MQM 2.0 to be back... Pretty sure my vote in next election will be MQM.

MQM and PPP - As long as these two snake pits are breeding, Sindh will remain in turmoil.

MQM was formed because of Sindhi violence. PPP and Sindhi nationalism gave birth to MQM.
True, but now it is equally out of control.

Please see what these 3 MQM-London supporters, who have been arrested in the last one month, were doing for RAW
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fia-arrests-member-of-raw-sleeper-cell-in-karachi.665359/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fia-...r-cell-in-karachi.665359/page-4#post-12331902

MQM other factions, are just a smoke screen. Old wine in a new bottle.

No one cares..

First they got really fucked during the migration of 1947 and then again in 1971....

Is this how state treats the loyal subjects, all because sons of soil couldn't accommodate a mere 300k people ?
I'm a Pakistani, and only a Pakistani. Multan is my ancestral city, but to me, every Pakistani, and anyone else who is a well wisher of Pakistan is worthy of respect.

I feel for these poor souls. They stood by us in 1971, they should be brought back and assimilated into our society.

Irrespective of what Sindhis think, we must do what is right.

Back
Top Bottom