What's new

We need a new All Terrain Mobility Platform instead of LR Defender

srws01

New Recruit

Reaction score
I think it has been time enough that MVRDE and PAK ARMY shift from the current Land Rover Defender Program.

Land Rover Defender is not only a Poor Performance Vehicle. Making more platforms on it is a Pitfall. Moreover ever since it has been acquired by the Indians it needs to phase out.

The vehicle reviews are pathetic. At all levels. People from Drivers,i.e ASC to AMC abhor this pieces of junk. The Field Ambulance say its a coffin for any soldier. This platform is costly to service and power terrain is week.

It is unlike Toyota Land Cruiser. If we wanted to get a new platform .. Why was it not the FJ Cruiser. any optimized version of calibrated version would have paid off more than getting these land rover defenders..

Land Rover , is not a bad platform , but yes it can be contended that in 2012 there are alternative options

I am sure our Turkish friends are making some vehicles that are worthy to be made under license of course with Turkish cooperation

Defenders are not being bought any more...i see Mitsubishi L-200s replacing them...

The most visible vehicle in Army is 4x4 vehicle Toyota Double cabin old model (not vigo) and alike single cabin, i think it is a good vehicle

Rumours are PA purchased Turk Cobra in few numbers .......But We should work on Muhafiz instead of purchasing from outside...

does PA still use 'khacchar'?
Mules?
They are an all terrain vehicle...natural vehicle.

does PA still use 'khacchar'?...
Mules?
They are an all terrain vehicle...natural vehicle.
:rofl:........what if he ran away hearing sound of the blast,....i think 4x4 light vehicles or jeeps are the need of the hour for rough terrain where bigger vehicles can't go...

They are still being bought. the L-200 was a stop gap purchase when Toyota could not meet the requirements.. So they bought those.. But the thing is we need something of our own.. Something totally purpose built to suit our deployment... Something that can have an add-on Armour when needed and not just welding sheet on L-200 when deployed to northern areas to give an impression of protection.. Bullets just pass through them as cutting paper..

In 2000 period when the Land Rover Defender LRD Pilot was carried out.. Everyone rejected it... It was composed mostly of Tin Galv.. Steel sheets... One could see the grey color just by looking under the fenders (which later they painted ;) )... and it got bumped easily.... It had a cross bar added later that year after one jeep overturned in PMA but even then it failed to provide the support... As far is the selection process concerned... it was marred with corruption.. the people who went from Stff Col Quetta during a visit to MVRDE said it was a hunk of Junk...

During Operation Rah-e-Rast.. 4 of 4 Medivac ambulances were refused and instead they repaired the old IVECO and MERC trucks to get our injured out...

During the quarterly mil maneuvers these are often found being towed by a truck.. etc... There is nothing purpose built and in the end producing them under lic.. is like empowering the Range Rover Owners to build better one...

How about G wagon it reliable solid use by Germans, French, Canadians and Australian Armies and HIT should get a licence to manufacture them.

STD-FJ Cruiser
toyota_fjcruiser_07_6V7_01.jpg

2011_fj_tt_4.jpg

the+new+FJ.jpg

Well even the conventional power pack and terrain is good enough as obvious from this stand version. Toyota is a safer bet than any European manuf and since we have a local assembly for Toyota as well and with more than 40% local industry it will be the best option as per my knowledge.. Unless the Euro companies or the recent news that Belurussian MAV is coming in...

MERC-G-Wagon
[video]http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2010-mercedesbenz-gwagon-australiandefenceforce-05.jpg[/video]

We did purchase some Turk Cobras,but i have to say the defender is not the only platform we have in PA.The L-200 and the Toyota Land Cruiser are in numbers,i think they are called RMR and JMR!
Also the other day i saw the latest version of the JMR,haven't seen that one around a lot but i think it's under trial from Toyota.

Are there any pictures.. and capabilites ... the main purpose is for making a platform that can be added with any ERA / Bullet proofing material and any small arms post .. mounted on top just like a HumVee

:rofl:........what if he ran away hearing sound of the blast,....i think 4x4 light vehicles or jeeps are the need of the hour for rough terrain where bigger vehicles can't go...

Well technically speaking the Khucchar is being developer in USA .. a Robotic Khucchar

Last edited by a moderator:
How about G wagon it reliable solid use by Germans, French, Canadians and Australian Armies and HIT should get a licence to manufacture them.

G wagon is my absolute favorite! Its an amazing vehicle for the army but its too expensive. don't u think?!!!

Back
Top Bottom