What's new

We need a new All Terrain Mobility Platform instead of LR Defender

I think it has been time enough that MVRDE and PAK ARMY shift from the current Land Rover Defender Program.

Land Rover Defender is not only a Poor Performance Vehicle. Making more platforms on it is a Pitfall. Moreover ever since it has been acquired by the Indians it needs to phase out.

The vehicle reviews are pathetic. At all levels. People from Drivers,i.e ASC to AMC abhor this pieces of junk. The Field Ambulance say its a coffin for any soldier. This platform is costly to service and power terrain is week.

It is unlike Toyota Land Cruiser. If we wanted to get a new platform .. Why was it not the FJ Cruiser. any optimized version of calibrated version would have paid off more than getting these land rover defenders..

Army hates this junk but few generals and politicians LOVED it to bits. Its costly and unreliable and most of all very unsafe because it tends to roll over on hard turns. The Japanese are also milking us to bone dry! Toyota will sell you a vehicle and block the spare parts which will force you to buy new models from them.

BAW-Second-Generation-5-door-4WD-Military-Vehicle-BJ2036CJT1-.jpg
SOme generals and politicians are too crook to care for their own institution, Chinese vehicle is the answer.

The Japanese are also milking us to bone dry! Toyota will sell you a vehicle and block the spare parts which will force you to buy new models from them.

plz spear us the bs that ur spewing all over this forum.

The japanese vehicles like toyota are the main stay of the local market and hence the market is flooded with japenese spare and vehicles. so any so called japanese plans of tryin to "milk" us is out of the question as the open and local market is full of new and secondhand spares.

Further more the army is very very satisfied with the performance of toyota RKR and the Hino trucks, they have been in service with the Pak armed force since the the 70s.
more over hinos trucks are manufatured locally and PA is working with indus motors for the manufacture of toyota PKR

:rofl:........what if he ran away hearing sound of the blast,....i think 4x4 light vehicles or jeeps are the need of the hour for rough terrain where bigger vehicles can't go...

Yes they do. Seriously. Mules are very good in mountain terrain and narrow valleys.

The most visible vehicle in Army is 4x4 vehicle Toyota Double cabin old model (not vigo) and alike single cabin, i think it is a good vehicle
its a tin can and not fit for COIN or conflict zones
only good for ceremonial duties and cantonment transportation.

2064663277.jpg

want to guess whats that flowing under the vehicle just by the doors?

slg.jpg

make a guess what happened to the occupants

Surely this would be good . Even used by UN. Exported to more than 10 countries .

Otokar Cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

says Pakistan got 10 of them but never saw them
total number 10 would hardly be ever seen

maybe they were just for testing , im sure Pakistan will get them , and produce them locally maybe , they are good.

We also have Otokar Akrep which is more lighter i think. I just saw on Wiki it says Pakistan has 1,260.
Otokar Akrep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Akrep.jpg

What wiki says is Bullshit ! 1200 ? I think not more than 5! If Pakistan Army would have 1200, we would see this vehicles in sercvice with the armed Forces in FATA !

Cobra seems much better with counter measures; great engine inlet design :tup:

At the moment we badly need is MRAP's (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) trucks for the operations in trouble areas.
PA should inducts few of them before starting any new operation.

Surely this would be good . Even used by UN. Exported to more than 10 countries .

Otokar Cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otokar_Cobra_CloseTower.jpg

otokar-cobra-10.jpg

I think Sindh Police should place an order for these vehicles and other vehicles that can play a pivotal role in many cases rather than their regular Toyota ones.

maybe they were just for testing , im sure Pakistan will get them , and produce them locally maybe , they are good.

We also have Otokar Akrep which is more lighter i think. I just saw on Wiki it says Pakistan has 1,260.
Otokar Akrep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

akrep_06.jpg

Akrep.jpg

Sindh Police must order these vehicles in great numbers they are much better than HIT ones.

Otokar's new 4 doors model Cobra vehicle is more user friendly.

Fjlje.jpg

Can any senior member let us know that why didn't HIT and HMC haven't even tried to do JV with the Turkish companies on Armored Personal Carriers like these and others truck based ones.????
Can you Post some images of the latest vehicles and their companies names which developed these products.

Back
Top Bottom