What's new

China’s state rocket company unveils rendering of a [SpaceX] Starship look-alike

1625165656151.jpeg
1625165656151.jpeg

I am surprise by the reactions of Chinese members in this thread, all of them saying all of NASA' milestones in past were crap, can i ask from the Chinese members, that where was the Chinese when Robert Goddard designing/testing liquid fuel rockets, where was the Chinese when USA sent its First astronaut in 1958, where was the Chinese when NASA sent the men to the moon (moon landings in 1969), where was the Chinese when NASA sent 2 spacecraft on a grand tour of solar system (Voyager 1/2) etc etc.

@Beast lol how can space shuttle program was total failure??? please do explain me its had a capability lift heavy loads comparable to heavy SLVs with fraction of costs of these expendable SLVs, it deploys major satellites/space probes, and ISS mostly build by SPACE SHUTTLE, So please do explain us Mr @Beast how SPACE SHUTTLE WAS A TOTAL FAILURE???

where was the Chinese when Robert Goddard designing/testing liquid fuel rockets, where was the Chinese when USA sent its First astronaut in 1958, where was the Chinese when NASA sent the men to the moon (moon landings in 1969), where was the Chinese when NASA sent 2 spacecraft on a grand tour of solar system (Voyager 1/2) etc etc.

They were mostly plowing fields behind oxens calling countries outside their's subpar.

@Beast lol how can space shuttle program was total failure??? please do explain me its had a capability lift heavy loads comparable to heavy SLVs with fraction of costs of these expendable SLVs, it deploys major satellites/space probes, and ISS mostly build by SPACE SHUTTLE, So please do explain us Mr @Beast how SPACE SHUTTLE WAS A TOTAL FAILURE???

Apparently to the Chinese sitting on your hands doing nothing is more admirable than what NASA was achieving.

Nov 30, 2021

Read the entire email from Musk below:

Unfortunately, the Raptor production crisis is much worse than it seemed a few weeks ago. As we have dug into the issues following exiting prior senior management, they have unfortunately turned out to be far more severe than was reported. There is no way to sugarcoat this.

I was going to take this weekend off, as my first weekend off in a long time, but instead I will be on the Raptor line all night and through the weekend.

Unless you have critical family matters or cannot physically return to Hawthorne, we need all hands on deck to recover from what is, quite frankly, a disaster.

The consequences for SpaceX if we can’t get enough reliable Raptors made is that we then can’t fly Starship, which means we then can’t fly Starlink Satellite V2 (Falcon has neither the volume *nor* the mass to orbit needed for satellite V2). Satellite V1 by itself is financially weak, whereas V2 is strong.

In addition, we are spooling up terminal production to several million units per year, which will consume massive capital, assuming that satellite V2 will be on orbit to handle the bandwidth demand. These terminals will be useless otherwise.

What it comes down to is that we face genuine risk of bankruptcy if we cannot achieve a Starship flight rate of at least once every two weeks next year.

Thanks,

Elon

:pop:

Nov 30, 2021

Read the entire email from Musk below:

Unfortunately, the Raptor production crisis is much worse than it seemed a few weeks ago. As we have dug into the issues following exiting prior senior management, they have unfortunately turned out to be far more severe than was reported. There is no way to sugarcoat this.

I was going to take this weekend off, as my first weekend off in a long time, but instead I will be on the Raptor line all night and through the weekend.

Unless you have critical family matters or cannot physically return to Hawthorne, we need all hands on deck to recover from what is, quite frankly, a disaster.

The consequences for SpaceX if we can’t get enough reliable Raptors made is that we then can’t fly Starship, which means we then can’t fly Starlink Satellite V2 (Falcon has neither the volume *nor* the mass to orbit needed for satellite V2). Satellite V1 by itself is financially weak, whereas V2 is strong.

In addition, we are spooling up terminal production to several million units per year, which will consume massive capital, assuming that satellite V2 will be on orbit to handle the bandwidth demand. These terminals will be useless otherwise.

What it comes down to is that we face genuine risk of bankruptcy if we cannot achieve a Starship flight rate of at least once every two weeks next year.

Thanks,

Elon

:pop:
There goes the american space dream :enjoy:
Soon it will turn Into wet dream only. :lol:

Chinese company Space Transportation is developing a "rocket with wings" for space tourism and point-to-point travel. I don't know if this counts as a TSTO spaceplane because the entire flight path might be suborbital, but who cares if it gets the job done.

This is my idea. Combine the above technology with the idea below. Instead of using a SRBM, use the "rocket with wings" for delivery of the munitions.

iqSVDmd.jpg

Chinese company Space Transportation is developing a "rocket with wings" for space tourism and point-to-point travel. I don't know if this counts as a TSTO spaceplane because the entire flight path might be suborbital, but who cares if it gets the job done.

This is my idea. Combine the above technology with the idea below. Instead of using a SRBM, use the "rocket with wings" for delivery of the munitions.

iqSVDmd.jpg
There was one. It was called Space Shuttle.

There was one. It was called Space Shuttle.
Speaking of the Space Shuttle, I would love to see a concept like this come to fruition. Space Shuttle at the top. "Falcon Heavy" first stages at the bottom (copied from SpaceX lol). The whole thing would be reusable.

3facIWi.png

The science and economics doesn't support suborbital point to point transport regardless of nationality. Chinese companies trying this are literally lighting money on fire.

Other people like have explained it extensively.

Chinese "Starship" from CALT. 20 tons to LEO and the second stage is unique. Not a copy.
6hruoZU.jpg

TSTO spaceplane.
X9N3k6p.jpg

I am surprise by the reactions of Chinese members in this thread, all of them saying all of NASA' milestones in past were crap, can i ask from the Chinese members, that where was the Chinese when Robert Goddard designing/testing liquid fuel rockets, where was the Chinese when USA sent its First astronaut in 1958, where was the Chinese when NASA sent the men to the moon (moon landings in 1969), where was the Chinese when NASA sent 2 spacecraft on a grand tour of solar system (Voyager 1/2) etc etc.

You allowed all the anti-china thread but couldn't even allow just some returned?

Chinese "Starship" from CALT. 20 tons to LEO and the second stage is unique. Not a copy.
6hruoZU.jpg

Not a copy of SpaceX...but this above pic is just a combination of a Starship sitting on top of a New Glenn booster.

Or do you mean just the spaceplane in concept #3?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom