What's new

‘We back indigenisation, but Tejas didn’t fit the bill’

I would suggest that you ask your Chinese daddy to implement a fly-by-wire in JF17, and then we can talk!!!

(forget the border, JF17 didn't have the balls to show up at Bahrain air show!!!! :-) )

Chuck Yeager was essentially a coach the Pakistan Air Force, and you're screaming out his decision on who won the match! It's laughable!! If all pakistani coaches doubled as umpires and referees, then I am sure pakistan will win all medals and cups in the world!!!
Btw...Chuck Yeager's own plane was shot by Indian air force pilots :-) so, it's not unusual for someone who's given a good *** kicking to make a lot of noise!!

See he calls Tejas a tin pot.

Tejas is a 4th gen fighter made using composites, have fly by wire, and avionics developed in ADA.
JF17 is a 4th gen fighter made using no composites, have no fly by wire and avionics developed in c++.

But both goes woosh.

His sole purpose is to troll. He is aware of its short comings. Yelling loud is the only way to take focus away.

As I said before, India fortunately being a poor slum dwelling slum dogs, can afford to spend money to making it as perfect as possible. Is it the right way to do it? Hell No. But we have import friendly IAF. They was marvel technology.

Chuck Yeager was essentially a coach to the Pakistan Air Force, and you're screaming out his decision on who won the match! It's laughable!! If all pakistani coaches doubled as umpires and referees, then I am sure pakistan will win all medals and cups in the world!!!
Btw...Chuck Yeager's own plane was shot by Indian air force pilots :-) so, it's not unusual for someone who's given a good a$$ kicking to make a lot of noise!!

He is someone who is considered as a legend throughout world for his work in aviation history. There are just few bigger names then him. Ofcoruse his rather crude remarks will bruise a lot a false Indian bravado and ego, which is understandable. :)

Chucky did lot of first in aviation world. Legend he is. :)

Also Chucky is the only person ever to appreciate PAF like he had. So having a third party sing praises is good feelings time.

IAF, fortunate of being part of many international exercises, had many praises from many a persons. Unfortunate they haven't had any aviation firsts. :)

Chucky boy's plane was shot down by IAF pilot as well. His antics is well known in aviation world.Once Chucky became too much to control, US government just started ignoring him. :)

Navy will definitely be decorated with the LCA.

I love thinking about Chuck Yeager the coach all humiliated and defeated with his dear plane lost in some third world war, spouting nonsense in his final moments. What a legacy.

Every coach/trainer is a legend before taking up the job. But once on a job as a coach/trainer, they're are one-sided - they don't become an umpire just because they're good at the skill!!!!

Go and read the history of the man before coming up with trash. What is not going through your skull, that he ACTUALLY counted the number of Indian wreckage which lead to this 3-1 kill ratio in favour of PAF.

LOL!! 55% of JF17 "by weight" (I am sure) is built in Pakistan!!!!

JF17 doesn't fly on either a Pakistani or Chinese engine - it's in fact an age old Russian engine that no one in the world, except Pakistan, is using currently!!!!). Tejas has a pretty modern engine; even Kaveri engine (though not currently in use because of small gap in thrust requirement) has full FADEC!!!

JF17 is cheap and suits Pakistan's budget - that's the best one can say about the plane!!!
When the buzz got hot about comparison between Tejas and JF17 at Bahrain show, JF17 was a no show!!!

What a knobhead! LOL

Do you understand the meaning of "Joint fighter" ?

We never claim JF flies on any thing but a Russian engine. But since you are adamant about so called "Kaveri" engine, I got news for you, that tin pot of project , like many Indian "make in India" nonsense initiatives, is now where it belongs, which is the dustbin. I guess you were living under the rock all these years. You tin pot Tejas use American GE engine.

Thing is, there are many nations who are taking strong interest in this "cheap" Jf17. Nigera and Myanmar are known to be confirmed customers. And here we are discussing the topic how Indian Navy flushed the tejas down the toilet. LOL

Listen kid, JF has already flown in places where it matter, like Farnborough, Paris, Dubai, China, etc. No one gives a shit about Bahrian air show and which was to be fair a good stepping stone experience for rookies like Tejas to learn the ropes. When you have matured and have grown balls to do the following over the streets of Paris, then we can start talking you seriously, till then, stay down where you belong.

Its not a surprise...

Indian navy knows what a lemon Tejas is and rejected it.

Indian airforce tried to do the same and it was only a wgo driven goverment decision that protected it

To all the wonderful people here, There is no "the" Tejas. There are 3 variants of Tejas as we speak flying. 2 more in works.

IN rejected their naval variants.

Also, for those who would take the pain to read the reason why, it was due to IN not planning their IAC construction properly. Tejas is a 7T fighter jet. Arrestor system need to be rated for those type of planes. It is not.

Once K10 comes online in 2019, I guarantee you, IN will be back on board.

You don't have 3 assembly lines for a lemon. So get your jokes while you can...

But, enough of facts. TEJAS IS BAD.

Its not a surprise...

Indian navy knows what a lemon Tejas is and rejected it.

Indian airforce tried to do the same and it was only a wgo driven goverment decision that protected it

These Indian fanboys are quite thick skinned, the embarrassment and shame is no issue for them, when their own forces are rejecting this tin pot. In a way its good for us, their false bravado and ego will keep them busy in this tin pot called Tejas.

To all the wonderful people here, There is no "the" Tejas. There are 3 variants of Tejas as we speak flying. 2 more in works.

IN rejected their naval variants.

Also, for those who would take the pain to read the reason why, it was due to IN not planning their IAC construction properly. Tejas is a 7T fighter jet. Arrestor system need to be rated for those type of planes. It is not.

Once K10 comes online in 2019, I guarantee you, IN will be back on board.

You don't have 3 assembly lines for a lemon. So get your jokes while you can...

But, enough of facts. TEJAS IS BAD.

Did the navy not have 40 years to make their requirements clear and did HAL or DODO not have 40 years to insure those requirments are fulfilled.

Up until the Navies rejection, the indian fan boys proclamations were all about a certain Navy order of 100+ planes

The same thing with the airforce

The whole point of the Tejas was to cover the single engine fighter for the indian airforce

Instead after 40 years of development the indian airforce is forced to open a international tender and seek a foreign single engine plane to do the job Tejas was supposed to do

Honestly in the face of all this the bleating of Indian fanboys about conposite this and engine that is comically pathetic
If it was that good and that ready then both your navy and airforce would be inducting the plane, not the navy outright rejecting it and the airforce seeking a similar single engine fighter from elsewhere

You wouldn't be in the position where you STILL have to develop and fix the faults

its under powered junk, the navy rightfully rejected this embarrassment

Go and read the history of the man before coming up with trash. What is not going through your skull, that he ACTUALLY counted the number of Indian wreckage which lead to this 3-1 kill ratio in favour of PAF.
You must be a knucklehead to believe that he actually went and counted every single wreckage!! Chuck Yeagar's own plane was shot down - I bet he just flapped his own hands and flew after that (of course the man's a legend so it must be possible for him)!!!

We never claim JF flies on any thing but a Russian engine. But since you are adamant about so called "Kaveri" engine, I got news for you, that tin pot of project , like many Indian "make in India" nonsense initiatives, is now where it belongs, which is the dustbin. I guess you were living under the rock all these years. You tin pot Tejas use American GE engine.
You must be dyslexic that you don't understand what I had written! I never said Tejas flies on Kaveri; Kaveri, which is currently underpowered and a standby engine for Tejas is also much more advanced in technology (FADEC) than the R93 on JF17.
If doesn't matter what engine you have on JF17 (Russian, Chinese....), it's just that it is based on obsolete technology.

Thing is, there are many nations who are taking strong interest in this "cheap" Jf17. Nigera and Myanmar are known to be confirmed customers. And here we are discussing the topic how Indian Navy flushed the tejas down the toilet. LOL
Just because you found some buddies to go dumpster diving with you, doesn't mean the junk you eat is Michelin star value!!!
If you're happy with your cheap and crappy plane then good luck to you (you'll need that when the $hit hits the roof!!!)

Listen kid, JF has already flown in places where it matter, like Farnborough, Paris, Dubai, China, etc. No one gives a shit about Bahrian air show and which was to be fair a good stepping stone experience for rookies like Tejas to learn the ropes. When you have matured and have grown balls to do the following over the streets of Paris, then we can start talking you seriously, till then, stay down where you belong.
But it ran away when the prospect of comparison with Tejas was looming :-)

You must be a knucklehead to believe that he actually went and counted every single wreckage!! Chuck Yeagar's own plane was shot down - I bet he just flapped his own hands and flew after that (of course the man's a legend so it must be possible for him)!!!

Dumbwit, there are no "third party" sources higher then him on the accounts of 1971 war. I dont even want to bring in the massacre which was 1965 the Indian airforce suffered. He doesnt have to go every crash site of IAF jets, he can easily access them back when brought in for analysis. Stupid argument like always from India trolls.

You must be dyslexic that you don't understand what I had written! I never said Tejas flies on Kaveri; Kaveri, which is currently underpowered and a standby engine for Tejas is also much more advanced in technology (FADEC) than the R93 on JF17.
If doesn't matter what engine you have on JF17 (Russian, Chinese....), it's just that it is based on obsolete technology.

nobhead, that Kaveri non sense is as dead as DODO. Thats why asked, were you living under rock? Gosh, the audacity of Indian trolls is epic.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/20130125.aspx

Warplanes: Calamitous Kaveri Cancelled

Whatever JF is running on, PAF is quite happy with its performance, and when JF can pull such things out of rabbit hat, no one can argue the PAF strategist got things all sorted.

Just because you found some buddies to go dumpster diving with you, doesn't mean the junk you eat is Michelin star value!!!
If you're happy with your cheap and crappy plane then good luck to you (you'll need that when the $hit hits the roof!!!)

Neither Nigera or Myanmar are our buddies, they are doing business with us, where they pay for our product and we deliver. Ofcourse its their money, and I am sure they are not stupid splashing millions on this so called junk!

As I said, get your pin pot Tejas first accepted by your own before honking utter garbage here.

But it ran away when the prospect of comparison with Tejas was looming :-)

Why would we grace our presence with lousy tin pot Tejas next to us when we belong to the top category, rubbing shoulders with the best? :)

IMG-20160314-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160314-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160314-WA0002.jpg

13076567_163884157341634_7159207285668929669_n.jpg

Talk is cheap sunnyboy.

Get your Tejas to learn to crawl first before rubbing shoulders with big boys.

Dumbwit, there are no "third party" sources higher then him on the accounts of 1971 war. I dont even want to bring in the massacre which was 1965 the Indian airforce suffered. He doesnt have to go every crash site of IAF jets, he can easily access them back when brought in for analysis. Stupid argument like always from India trolls.
LOL!!!! Chucky boy wasn't just your coach/trainer, but actually an 'affected party' (whose own a$$ got kicked!!). Third party?? ROFL!!!

nobhead, that Kaveri non sense is as dead as DODO. Thats why asked, were you living under rock? Gosh, the audacity of Indian trolls is epic.
Why don't you just crawl back under the rock and let grown ups do their job. Kaveri is very much alive - and several derivatives are coming up!!!

Whatever JF is running on, PAF is quite happy with its performance, and when JF can pull such things out of rabbit hat, no one can argue the PAF strategist got things all sorted.

ROFL!!!!

Neither Nigera or Myanmar are our buddies, they are doing business with us, where they pay for our product and we deliver. Ofcourse its their money, and I am sure they are not stupid splashing millions on this so called junk!
Yeah right!! Afghanistan bought some super Tucanos from Brazil, but Brazilians are not going around touting it as the best in the world - they know better!!!

Why would we grace our presence with lousy tin pot Tejas next to us when we belong to the top category, rubbing shoulders with the best? :)
ROFL!!! Fighter jets are not made to rub shoulders but to butt heads!!! When you've have sparred with any then we can talk!!!
You keep uttering the nonsensical phrase 'tin pot', but did you know that its actually a 'composite pot'? The all metal JF17 will light up on any radar screen. Tejas will have much less RCS!!!!

I think I had enough fun educating an ignoramus. Got to get back to serious things! Adios!!

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/20130125.aspx

Warplanes: Calamitous Kaveri Cancelled

As I said, get your pin pot Tejas first accepted by your own before honking utter garbage here.

View attachment 387883

View attachment 387884

View attachment 387885

View attachment 387886

Talk is cheap sunnyboy.

Get your Tejas to learn to crawl first before rubbing shoulders with big boys.
Comparing a junt tin can with a fighter with composites is insult to tejas...
Numbers does not matter..
Does your junk even have composites??
India-Light-Combat-Aircraft-LCA-Tejas-www.aame.in-Composites.jpg

Engine with FADEC??
HMD HoBS??
Full Fly by Wire??
Don't compare your 3 rd ge junk with our jet..
And your junk have varients??
Airforce
tejas-fighter-jet_650x400_61452790984.jpg

Trainer???
tejasvariantstrainer.jpg

Navy???
lcanavyaircraft.jpg%3Ffit%3D1440%252C1080

Kaveri is very much alive
http://m.economictimes.com/news/def...roject-being-revived/articleshow/55694504.cms
indian_kaveri_aero-engine_2_1480491734.jpg

Along with UTTAM AESA RADAR
fUrTwv7
IMG20170215082451.jpg

Did the navy not have 40 years to make their requirements clear and did HAL or DODO not have 40 years to insure those requirments are fulfilled.

Up until the Navies rejection, the indian fan boys proclamations were all about a certain Navy order of 100+ planes

The same thing with the airforce

The whole point of the Tejas was to cover the single engine fighter for the indian airforce

Instead after 40 years of development the indian airforce is forced to open a international tender and seek a foreign single engine plane to do the job Tejas was supposed to do

Honestly in the face of all this the bleating of Indian fanboys about conposite this and engine that is comically pathetic
If it was that good and that ready then both your navy and airforce would be inducting the plane, not the navy outright rejecting it and the airforce seeking a similar single engine fighter from elsewhere

You wouldn't be in the position where you STILL have to develop and fix the faults

ADA, IAF, IN, HAL & INGOV are the actors here.

What is this about 40 years for anything? Stop pulling numbers out of your behind. Are you referring the fact that someone said India wants the fighter jet during the 80s as the development start. If it is, ok.

Indian Navy DID NOT plan for Tejas when building the IAC 1 class ship. The arrestor cables are not rated for 7T. There is no blame for Tejas Naval variant here.

Indian Air force opened a tender because HAL cannot produce stuff fast enough. This is for a SEPARATE NEW LINE. Not replacement for Tejas. Wonderful isnt it?. India needs stuff fast. HAL sucks at that. Tejas AF variant is not the issue here.

Tejas is already INDUCTED by Airforce in 2016.

One of the system I am owning was designed 30 years back. Just evolving it. Outside users have no idea, they want something new, we build it on top. Around 30K still use it. R&D. It costed around 8Bn+ USD to develop it over the past 30 years. It was developed using some components not used anymore anywhere. There are alternatives in the market developed using latest tech. Should I recommend to throw the existing system and get a new one?

The answer is NO before you say anything. I will be kicked out of the place by my colleagues.

As far as Indian government, HAL and the IAF, Tejas is a success. There is a system in place that can be adapted to the end user.

You can continue calling it a failure. Its failure is not making it fast enough. But then again, a bigger policy change is required.

Back
Top Bottom