What's new

We are (annoyed by) Malala!

my real question is she didnt deserve NOBLE PRIZE at least not now until she had done something so great. if you geniuses cant get my point than its really not my problem .

despite serious threats to her life from savage barbarians like Talibans she stood by girls education she took a bullet in her in head which also failed , thats very Nobel in my view and there are no examples such as her.

Neither hate not love. I guess speaking about logic is equivalent to supporting the taliban agenda thats how i have seen people reacting here and elsewhere but the honest fact is she was not attacked because she was a girl who was attending school and that has been cleared by various statements from the talibans. I agree the act is horrible and should be condemned but creating a false pretext means willfuly staying blind to the facts and getting roused by sloganeering which does no good to any body. There are millions of people who have been killed brutally either by the talibans or the US military force why don't they get the same recognition? Would a victim of US drones be even considered for the Nobel prize? The ones who have lost their families and don't even know the art of sloganeering and want their message across the world that they and their fellow people are being severely wronged by both the sides.

Taliban hit so many others and this is a routine now here. How many others are now the icons and to-be (probably) winner of noble peace prize? Or addressed at any UN congregation? Or met with international dignitaries? Or given head of state like protocol? Or wrote book, which is publicized at the highest international level?

Not sure what is more douchy, the pic in your avatar or your post........

I pity you if you're not able to to recognize the bravery of a girl who is fighting for a good cause against terrorists!

You guys talk the talk but can you walk the walk? - that is, have you done some things to put your ideals into action?

A bit unfair. While it is easy to ask whether people will walk the talk, the reality is plenty tough. When ideals meet bullets, it is not as easy a choice. Those Pakistanis who actually stand up openly to this lot are the bravest persons in my book. Not everyone can be expected to be that brave. Asking people to do the job the state seems unwilling to is too big an ask, I think.

As I believe Malala is going to be used nicely against Pakistan in coming future by West...

In our own little way we have but I agree the big steps needed have not been done so. There is an NGO in the works, tentatively we're calling it Malala Education Corps. it aims to work on Malala's goals concentrating on Malala's goals of girls education.
Save for Edhi, Pakistani NGOs have the reputation of gobbling up large amounts of foreign and domestic money while delivering as little as possible. Furthermore, since NGOs are so unaccountable and Pakistan so dangerous, an NGO originally devoted to these goals might soon be compelled to do the opposite or be dissolved entirely.

While usually not moneymaking, mobilizing the crowd on the street can be very effective indeed. As David Brinkley wrote in his book Washington at War, one African-American labor leader wrested civil rights concessions from President Franklin Roosevelt with merely the threat to carry out a mass demonstration: Give me the civil rights commission I want or else I'll bring 100,000 demonstrators to the streets of Washington next month. Roosevelt hemmed and hawed but capitulated: he knew the fellow had the connections to carry it out and Roosevelt would do nothing to jeopardize the war effort. Better the "Negroes" be employed in wartime industry - compelling whites who didn't want this to accept Negro workers nonetheless - than disrupt the capital.

A bit unfair. While it is easy to ask whether people will walk the talk, the reality is plenty tough. When ideals meet bullets, it is not as easy a choice. Those Pakistanis who actually stand up openly to this lot are the bravest persons in my book. Not everyone can be expected to be that brave. Asking people to do the job the state seems unwilling to is too big an ask, I think.
My point it that to improve matters easy choices don't suffice and one has to stick one's neck out. Still, I agree that suicide is not the answer.

Yet other countries have faced similar dilemmas and their citizens found acceptable ways to proceed without undertaking extreme risks. Also, it seems a shame to deny people the opportunity to recognize and exercise true courage, rather than phony stuff like loudly proclaiming that "It must be the victims' fault -".

I'm not a Pakistani. I can bring up strategic parallels and historical examples but Pakistanis have to find and create their own tactics.

Neither hate not love. I guess speaking about logic is equivalent to supporting the taliban agenda thats how i have seen people reacting here and elsewhere but the honest fact is she was not attacked because she was a girl who was attending school and that has been cleared by various statements from the talibans. I agree the act is horrible and should be condemned but creating a false pretext means willfuly staying blind to the facts and getting roused by sloganeering which does no good to any body. There are millions of people who have been killed brutally either by the talibans or the US military force why don't they get the same recognition? Would a victim of US drones be even considered for the Nobel prize? The ones who have lost their families and don't even know the art of sloganeering and want their message across the world that they and their fellow people are being severely wronged by both the sides.

Just because thousands of soldiers lose their lives in a war, yet not everyone gets brought up in the news. Only the ones that displayed extreme bravery or the higher ranked soldiers are given attention. This does not mean the others arent respected or their sacrifices were useless. Just as this logic applies to soldiers its the similar logic with Malala's attention. Blame Allah if you think everyone who deserves attention doesnt get theirs. After all everything is decided by Him.

The holes in your argument swallow logic up completely.

Talking about the Nobels Peace Prize then it lost all it credibility when it was awarded to Obama. It will forever remain a dent on the award.

That dent isnt gonna go soon. All Obama seems to worry about is to complete his new term.

Just because thousands of soldiers lose their lives in a war, yet not everyone gets brought up in the news. Only the ones that displayed extreme bravery or the higher ranked soldiers are given attention. This does not mean the others arent respected or their sacrifices were useless. Just as this logic applies to soldiers its the similar logic with Malala's attention. Blame Allah if you think everyone who deserves attention doesnt get theirs. After all everything is decided by Him.

The holes in your argument swallow logic up completely.

That dent isnt gonna go soon. All Obama seems to worry about is to complete his new term.

Thats you're opinion and it has nothing to do with logic whatsoever. I am talking about victims and the logic is those who bomb those victims are not going to give them any recognition they might do so with a taliban victim but not with those whom they have bombed and droned over and over again. That was my point so it has nothing to do with Allah allowing that it is human hypocrisy otherwise you might even ask why Allah let them be bombed as well.

No one should be annoyed .

Whats there to annoy? She should be awarded.

God Bless her.

Jealousies are everywhere. I believe we must remember that If Allah wants to shower His blessing be monetary, fame, name etc etc who we are to be jealous of?.

No one should be annoyed .

Whats there to annoy? She should be awarded.

God Bless her.

Jealousies are everywhere. I believe we must remember that If Allah wants to shower His blessing be monetary, fame, name etc etc who we are to be jealous of?.

For what Exactly ... there are thousands like her In every corner of Pakistan ..

Stop praising the heroes created by media .. and star looking for the real ones .

Thats you're opinion and it has nothing to do with logic whatsoever. I am talking about victims and the logic is those who bomb those victims are not going to give them any recognition they might do so with a taliban victim but not with those whom they have bombed and droned over and over again. That was my point so it has nothing to do with Allah allowing that it is human hypocrisy otherwise you might even ask why Allah let them be bombed as well.

Your logic has holes, unfortunately you are too blind to see them. Not everyone can be given due share of importance. Such is life, but then again if you are stubborn even God wont be able to help you. The drone issue is quite serious one with American public opinion against it. Plus drones target Afghan Taliban, a legitimate military target. It is our govt that lets them use Pakistani soil which results in civillian deaths. Were they not on our soil these strikes wont happen. They live amongst the people, and people dont mind it. Well then dont blame anyone for their lack of intelligence.

If Allah is so Powerful then why does he starve and kill millions upon millions little children in Africa. God's plan and what not. Sure i see your logic. Oh everything is planned and written by Allah, even the rapes of little girls. Please dont divulge into religious lines, i would make you doubt your faith.

Your logic has holes, unfortunately you are too blind to see them. Not everyone can be given due share of importance. Such is life, but then again if you are stubborn even God wont be able to help you. The drone issue is quite serious one with American public opinion against it. Plus drones target Afghan Taliban, a legitimate military target. It is our govt that lets them use Pakistani soil which results in civillian deaths. Were they not on our soil these strikes wont happen. They live amongst the people, and people dont mind it. Well then dont blame anyone for their lack of intelligence.

If Allah is so Powerful then why does he starve and kill millions upon millions little children in Africa. God's plan and what not. Sure i see your logic. Oh everything is planned and written by Allah, even the rapes of little girls. Please dont divulge into religious lines, i would make you doubt your faith.

I did not blame anyone for their lack of intelligence nor did i say that our government is not to be blamed as well. As far as making me doubt my faith is concerned maybe discussing an issue in a civil manner appears to you as a point scoring matter to me it doesn't i just gave my opinion so don't brag about how i crossed religious lines and how you can make me doubt my faith because you brought religion into the discussion i did not.

Strongly agree with this. And, Malala Yousafzai is the most deserving for Nobel Peace Prize. Considering most lots out there who post in this forum are decently educated shows how shameful it is that you would be against a young 16 year old who raised a voice for women rights in Pakistan. Human rights is such a basic need that no one should be void of it. Put yourself in her position. You may not realize but she took a stand for Pakistan, and its citizens. Often, she mentions about improving women literacy rate in Pakistan and around the world, so how is she giving Pakistan a bad name?

Why is Malala most deserving? She achieved single handedly, as a female, which many other femenists groups both in East and West could not achieve by a simple virtue, called sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom