What's new

We are (annoyed by) Malala!

I did not blame anyone for their lack of intelligence nor did i say that our government is not to be blamed as well. As far as making me doubt my faith is concerned maybe discussing an issue in a civil manner appears to you as a point scoring matter to me it doesn't i just gave my opinion so don't brag about how i crossed religious lines and how you can make me doubt my faith because you brought religion into the discussion i did not.

This is not about point scoring, what would these points get me? Candy?
The point is you are so blinded by the pain for the drone victims that you hogwash what a little girl has actually achieved for this nation. I gave you the reason that drones are being conducted on our soil against Afghan rebels. Tell me had we Pakistanis not supported these Afghan Talibs do you think they would cross over Pakistan? Do you know what they did to school girls in Afghanistan? Poisoned them with gas, threw acid on them. These arent saints, we just bear them because we cannot open a new war front. Now if drones attack them, so be it. I have no tears for them. The innocent civillians are dumb enough to help them because of misguided religious attitude or knowledge, or Pakhtunwali, then they are to blame.

I have no issues, but these drone strikes do cause resentment and mind you these drones will not stop, not even after the US pullout. So if TTP claims that they want strikes to stop when it specifically targets Afghan Taliban and not them so why do they cry? It's a game played against us. We play against them with the Afghan Taliban. Do you really believe what these TTP claim? After killing 40000 Pakistanis, i wouldnt stop killing them even if they laid their weapons down.

Malala has achieved more what we in 65 years have struggled to achieve, so it is an achievement. She is a role model for girls all around the country and as well as the world. Be Proud.

I know lots of Pakistanis with extreme hatred for zia ul lantis children. That's all I say for now, whether people are willing to take a stand or not, you'll know soon enough. But do you honestly think people on this forum will tell you what they are willing to do if things get out of hand?

Is your hatred for Zia based on his extrajudicial murder of your father???

It would damage Pakistans image more if she wins the nobel.

Unfortunately, most Pakistanis are too dumb to see that.

Well, I'm one of them. So's @pak-marine

I believe that there are MANY, MANY MORE than just the two of you.
Actually I hope that there SO MANY that I'll be unable to count the lot in one life-time.

But one niggling concern that I have is: why is their silence more deafening than the "Cacophony of Noise" raised by the LOONIES??

Last edited by a moderator:
We are, slowly but surely. No need to worry about us! :D

You guys talk the talk but can you walk the walk? - that is, have you done some things to put your ideals into action?

Finally, I have you decoded now - you are one of the byproduct of Zia's times. Go figure! :rofl:

Zia's remains need to be peed upon, crushed and powdered, mixed with dog food, and then fed to the radioactive dogs of Saudi , once it has been nuked to glassy sand! :D

Is your hatred for Zia based on his extrajudicial murder of your father???

Unfortunately, most Pakistanis are too dumb to see that.

@Informant

Leave the conspiracy theorist alone , they aren't ready to believe that their " Innocent Taliban " can fire at an unarmed school going girl and call it courageous . Its all a Jewish conspiracy for some !

You are right in counselling us to leave the 'conspiracy theorists' alone.
Let them find out the "hard way" if there is any difference at all between "Good Taliban" and "Bad taliban" just as if there is any diffeerence between "Good Cobras" and "Bad Cobras".

And if they are unlucky enough not to understand the difference(?); we might have to even line up to pay our condolences to them on another "RIP thread" on PDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Capt. nice to see you, as always.

Capt. there are many many more but the otherside is just too ugly not to take notice of. If you check out FB every Malala post is warzone!

Actually I hope that there SO MANY that I'll be unable to count the lot in one life-time.

But one niggling concern that I have is: why is their silence more deafening than the "Cacophony of Noise" raised by the LOONIES??

Hey, Capt. nice to see you, as always.

Capt. there are many many more but the otherside is just too ugly not to take notice of. If you check out FB every Malala post is warzone!

i am proud of her .. she should get nobel award ... haters are just low life trollers who cant do anythng gud for country so they dont believe anyone else can do it

Pakistan desperately needs a reset button. I can understand a few extremists here and there, but in Pakistan it almost seems like everyone is some kind of extremist with a mental problem.

Everything that can wrong in a nation has gone wrong in pakistan, they just need to really take a step back re-evaluate themselves as a nation...

Pakistan's Malala Yousafzai wins EU human rights prize
Reuters

BRUSSELS: A Pakistani teenage activist shot in the head by the Taliban last year for campaigning for better rights for girls, won the European Union's annual human rights award on Thursday, beating fugitive US intelligence analyst Edward Snowden.

Malala Yousafzai, 16, who was attacked in northwestern Pakistan by a group of gunmen who fired on her school bus, is also a favourite among experts and betting agencies to be awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize.

The Sakharov Prize for freedom of thought is given by the European Parliament each year since 1988 to commemorate Soviet scientist and dissident Andrei Sakharov. Its past winners include Nelson Mandela and Burmese activist Aung San Suu Kyi.

Snowden had been nominated by the Green group in the parliament for what it said was his "enormous service" to human rights and European citizens when he disclosed secret US surveillance programmes.

Yousafzai was chosen as the winner after a vote among the heads of all the political groups in the 750-member parliament.

Pakistan desperately needs a reset button. I can understand a few extremists here and there, but in Pakistan it almost seems like everyone is some kind of extremist with a mental problem.

Everything that can wrong in a nation has gone wrong in pakistan, they just need to really take a step back re-evaluate themselves as a nation...

thank you for the sermon.

What a bharati thinks about Pakistan from his cocoon doesn't matter.

She is a strong candidate for nobel prize this year.

Pakistan's Malala Yousafzai wins EU human rights prize
Reuters

BRUSSELS: A Pakistani teenage activist shot in the head by the Taliban last year for campaigning for better rights for girls, won the European Union's annual human rights award on Thursday, beating fugitive US intelligence analyst Edward Snowden.

Malala Yousafzai, 16, who was attacked in northwestern Pakistan by a group of gunmen who fired on her school bus, is also a favourite among experts and betting agencies to be awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize.

The Sakharov Prize for freedom of thought is given by the European Parliament each year since 1988 to commemorate Soviet scientist and dissident Andrei Sakharov. Its past winners include Nelson Mandela and Burmese activist Aung San Suu Kyi.

Snowden had been nominated by the Green group in the parliament for what it said was his "enormous service" to human rights and European citizens when he disclosed secret US surveillance programmes.

Yousafzai was chosen as the winner after a vote among the heads of all the political groups in the 750-member parliament.

thank you for the sermon.

What a bharati thinks about Pakistan from his cocoon doesn't matter.

This is not about point scoring, what would these points get me? Candy?
The point is you are so blinded by the pain for the drone victims that you hogwash what a little girl has actually achieved for this nation. I gave you the reason that drones are being conducted on our soil against Afghan rebels. Tell me had we Pakistanis not supported these Afghan Talibs do you think they would cross over Pakistan? Do you know what they did to school girls in Afghanistan? Poisoned them with gas, threw acid on them. These arent saints, we just bear them because we cannot open a new war front. Now if drones attack them, so be it. I have no tears for them. The innocent civillians are dumb enough to help them because of misguided religious attitude or knowledge, or Pakhtunwali, then they are to blame.

I have no issues, but these drone strikes do cause resentment and mind you these drones will not stop, not even after the US pullout. So if TTP claims that they want strikes to stop when it specifically targets Afghan Taliban and not them so why do they cry? It's a game played against us. We play against them with the Afghan Taliban. Do you really believe what these TTP claim? After killing 40000 Pakistanis, i wouldnt stop killing them even if they laid their weapons down.

Malala has achieved more what we in 65 years have struggled to achieve, so it is an achievement. She is a role model for girls all around the country and as well as the world. Be Proud.

Well said, my wise friend. I tip my hat to you.
Malala is a role-model for the entire region; even though her context and circumstances are specific to her country. There is a larger picture that Malala has drawn our attention to: the fact that Women are considered to be just property or chattel. Even Cattle get treated better than Women; even the Cattle and live-stock that are being fattened up for Eid celebration sacrifices. So much for the "deep religious scholarship and understanding" of some of the greatest religious votaries. That itself is really worth thinking about. Have any Mullas or other 'alleged religious teachers' ever mentioned that? Even PDF has an "amusing thread" that draws our attention to these animals. goD bless the posters there!

But our Champions infused with unbounded religiosity will feel disturbed to discuss whether our Women should be allowed to be educated. Why? Because Women cannot be sacrificed and eaten up??

malala is heroic, young and without sounding patronising - simple and unworldly girl being paraded around the world by OTHER people, she is not creating an image but one is being created on her behalf, and in my opinion being blown out of proportion and context.

for those looking to shape the narrative hijacking malala's identity is a great choice because being unworldly and young she cannot properly speak for herself - but that is not to say that the narrative is right!

Back
Top Bottom