What's new

Violence in Rawapindi claims seven lives, 34 injured

Did quaid e azam used to do what all shia's do? No. So why don't shia take quaid actions as an example when you people are quick to point out quaid was shia too!

Well its not us calling others non muslims? not us giving out fatwas who is wajab ul qatal are we? and surely it wasnt shias who was opposing the creation of Pakistan...? The ones who used to call Quaid e Azam .. as shaitan e azam?

The opposers of yesterday .. claim to be the custodians of the "Islamic Republic Of Pakistan"...

Need more examples?

Go through the thread and one can see whose who! 
Do people beat themselves with knives or on their chests when doing matam for their loved ones?

Do they force you to do the same?

Even doing matam with knives n chaines requires faith and a thing called "jigr"!

Even doing matam with knives n chaines requires faith and a thing called "jigr"!

993467_654802707884547_642647759_n.jpg

Well its not us calling others non muslims? not us giving out fatwas who is wajab ul qatal are we? and surely it wasnt shias who was opposing the creation of Pakistan...? The ones who used to call Quaid e Azam .. as shaitan e azam?

The opposers of yesterday .. claim to be the custodians of the "Islamic Republic Of Pakistan"...

Need more examples?

Go through the thread and one can see whose who! 

Do they force you to do the same?

And where it is written in the islam to do matam with knives and chain or do a chest beating. I can quote multiple hadiths of Nabi (S.A.W.W) who explicitly forbids it to do. Funny you call it faith and doing in the reverence for those who did forbade it.

So calling shia's non-muslims. Do you or your people became one? No.

Bravo ... sitting in kuwait you saw in your crystal ball who was innocent and who wasnt? and where did i say those who died were not innocent .. did i and other shia members here condemn these acts irrespective of their sects or whatever???? (Or do we have to say tht a billion times? and beg for your fgorgiveness?) .....An investigation panel has been formed by the high court... hold your horses till the investigation report comes out!

What a source....

Seriously? lmao.. now yazid abn muawita ibn abu sufiyan were shias? yet its the wahabis n other (not even sunnis) who justify them!?!

As for matam... people even do matam when their loved ones die.. dnt they? 

So shia are not muslims? :lol:

As for justifying killings.. nah... thts what u guys do.. who call shias kafirs n whatnot! and thts exactly the reason sipa sahaba,lej and taliban present! shia are kafir n wajab ul qatil...

You were surprised when I said they were innocent, so I asked u a question. I am not claiming anyone's innocence. And I could be sitting anywhere in the world. This my friend is not 1813, but 2013.

He is not my Molana.. he is deoband.,I am Barelvi.. But i have repect for all religions. And i live in Rawalpindi... i know better situation than you.... Lol curfew is imposed.... Looks like Marshallah by army... Helicopter is still flying...

Yeah - And you know situation better sitting in front of your PC. Whatever - a Molana is always Molana the least credible person to trust.

And to all that say, the maulana was calling shias kafir so the julus went nuts. So by that token the next time a shia calls the first 3 khalifas anything, we should just lynch them right. No. There is always a way of doing things. And the best way to avoid these things is to limit these possessions to certain areas.

I don't agree with this, as I believe progressive debate can be had without resorting to violence. As a matter of fact, it might even help in eliminating misunderstandings between each other if someone's willing to make their point of view clear. Ignorance isn't always a bliss.

But thats not what you were doing, you were saying some religious group is doing it wrong and you had the right Idea, Every religion has this kind of progressive ideas and Taliban has that idea too and according to them you, me, shias, and sunnis in Pakistan are all kafirs.

He is not my Molana.. he is deoband.,I am Barelvi.. But i have repect for all religions. And i live in Rawalpindi... i know better situation than you.... curfew is imposed.... Looks like Marshallah by army... Helicopter is still flying... Tons of army trucks here and there... This is worst situation here.... Police failed, Ranger failed.... Now army.... One can imgaine the scale of this incident and after effects...
Lol Marshall law k spellings aatay nahi aur meri urdu written post ko Low quality post kehta hai 
And to all that say, the maulana was calling shias kafir so the julus went nuts. So by that token the next time a shia calls the first 3 khalifas anything, we should just lynch them right. No. There is always a way of doing things. And the best way to avoid these things is to limit these possessions to certain areas.
The juloos went nuts when that guy on the speakers said blasphemous things about Hazrat Imam Hussain a.s

I think they were in greater numbers and took the opportunity, though Sunnis in rwp are really seething at the moment. More at media then anyone, media really did a job on them. For example this picture is used in Al-Jazeera and other websites and it looks like the wounded man is a Shi'ite victim:

201311160326525734_20.jpg

This next picture is taken at spot - which shows another story that he was being beaten by Shi'ites:

529538_618151678241776_1963346965_n.jpg

Sunnis were all set to burn down the Imam Bargah (as in retaliation of mosque) - Lets hope things settle down or this can really get out of hand. Though media did the right thing by censoring these parts but how will they stop people from sharing videos and pictures on social websites is anyone's guess.

Perfect example of media perception. However, the blackout will not end anything in Rawalpindi and as such until bloodthrist is quenched.
It better not become the starting point of Shia-Sunni War in Pakistan!

And the maulvi of that madrassah should not have used the dregotarty remarks. A hyped crowd of zealots could easily kill any one

Whatever the Maulvi did or not do. The spark has set aflame a powder keg. Because while the Shia processions took advantage of their numbers ..they do not have the right assets for a counter attack as the Sunnis do. Apart from connections to terror groups, the Sunnis also have greater numbers of nuts. The Shia nuts exist but as such they dont happen to have a Hezbollah type asset in Pakistan.
Still, chances are Pakistan may end up with a mini Syria soon.

People definitely mourn their loved ones, but no one comes out on public streets and beat themselves with chains and knives and walk over burning coal.

Look, I don't mean to start a flame war, I'm here with an open mind about this Shia practice. For years I have pondered this question and I've been told exactly what the gentleman above told me, don't ask these questions, it gives rise to religious tension.

When all I want to know is why would someone cut himself for a crime he didn't commit. No Shia today was alive 1400 years ago, why are they beating themselves today for something that happening centuries ago. A simple question.

Are you a muslim ? its highly advisable not to question religious practices of others . They do it because they find it worth doing . They dont cut themselves for their crimes but for the love of the family members of the prophet (pbuh). They do it to commemorate the sacrifice Imam Hussain made , so that the purpose of his sacrifice may live till eternity . It is just like as we commemorate the sacrifice made by Hazrat Ibrahim some 4000 years ago by sacrificing animals on Eid al Azha every year .
Hazrat Ibrahim intended to sacrifice his son Ismael in the name of allah . Allah so much liked the commitment of Ibrahim that he made his practice to be remebered till eternity . Ibrahim was sacrificing Just one Son (whom Allah saved), But Imam hussain literally sacrificed all his family and only one son was left !!

Last edited:
It is quite sad.. and satisfying at the same time to see the beginnings of a Syria in my fellow countrymen here. 
In either case, suggest that religious discussions are kept down or people will be thrown out by the droves.

Tabarra means to bashing someone ... It means Shias Sahaba par tabarra bazi kartey hain ... And according to your quoted news ASWJ decided to hinder them bashing on Sahaba ........
No, they don't. They only read nohas, do Matam and Zanjeer Zani.

And where it is written in the islam to do matam with knives and chain or do a chest beating. I can quote multiple hadiths of Nabi (S.A.W.W) who explicitly forbids it to do. Funny you call it faith and doing in the reverence for those who did forbade it.

So calling shia's non-muslims. Do you or your people became one? No.

I dnt want to be dragged into religious arguements... but if zangirzani is haram .. (which doesnt harm others)... is declaring or giving out fatwas against others halal?fatwas like wajib ul qatil and kufar?

People definitely mourn their loved ones, but no one comes out on public streets and beat themselves with chains and knives and walk over burning coal.

Look, I don't mean to start a flame war, I'm here with an open mind about this Shia practice. For years I have pondered this question and I've been told exactly what the gentleman above told me, don't ask these questions, it gives rise to religious tension.

When all I want to know is why would someone cut himself for a crime he didn't commit. No Shia today was alive 1400 years ago, why are they beating themselves today for something that happening centuries ago. A simple question.

For the Ishq of the Ahl e bait....

You were surprised when I said they were innocent, so I asked u a question. I am not claiming anyone's innocence. And I could be sitting anywhere in the world. This my friend is not 1813, but 2013.

Yes im surprised... not because of ur question but the mindset..

Back
Top Bottom