What's new

Vijay Diwas: 1971 Bangladesh war veterans to be honoured today Read more at: http://indiatoday.int

ExtraOdinary

Reaction score
Country
India
Vijay Diwas: 1971 Bangladesh war veterans to be honoured today : East, News - India Today

Reviving old friendship and fading memory, veterans of the 1971 Bangladesh liberation war, including 'Mukti Joddhas' (freedom fighters) and serving senior Bangladesh Armed Forces officers, will be honoured on Vijay Diwas celebration in Kolkata on Monday.

Vijay Diwas commemorates the victory of the Indian Armed Forces and the Mukti Bahini in the war which culminated in the liberation of Bangladesh, then East Pakistan, on December 16, 1971 and the historic surrender of over 93,000 Pakistani soldiers.

A group of 30 Bangladeshi Mukti Joddhas and their families will be part of the visiting delegation from the neighbouring country who would be honoured on the occasion, Eastern Command's Major General Bipin Rawat told reporters here today.

The 82-member team would be led by retired Lt Col Zafar Imam. Besides six other senior Bangladeshi officers would also be coming to Kolkata.

Besides officers of the Eastern Command, retired Army officers, including former General Shankar Roy Chowdhury, would be meeting the 1971 war veterans.

Rawat said the occasion would give the serving Army officers and retired officers from the armies of the two countries a chance go back to the tummultous days and renew their friendship.

To commemorate the historic occasion and honour those who made the supreme sacrifice for the liberation of Bangladesh, 'Vijay Smarak' was created in 1996 at Fort William, Indian Army's Eastern Command headquarters.

A memorial service for martyrs would be held at 'Vijay Smarak' which would be open for public homage from 10.30 am till 1 pm this Monday.

This year marks the 42nd anniversary of the war.

Will they honour Bangladeshi war veterans? Okay, then no problem celebrating Vijay Diwas. :D

Btw, today's pic

1475858_518958341534679_1335495088_n.jpg

That is why I say why Bangali-es are retarded and believe in gay pride.

Did any country challenged BD when made their flag? Then why BD took it as a challenge? Oh I forgot you Bangali-es need forced pride and patriotism.

Will they honour Bangladeshi war veterans? Okay, then no problem celebrating Vijay Diwas. :D

Btw, today's pic

1475858_518958341534679_1335495088_n.jpg

if this is not provoking then then what is ? did Pakistan made its flag to show of to bd ? no they did not & if bd made a bigger one then good for you, why provoke ?
I can also say that Pakistan is 3 lakh 38 thousand sq mi or 8 lakhs 75 thousand sq km, while bd is just 56,000 sq mi or 146,000 sq km will you like it ?
Bangladesh has a total military personal 0f 350,000
while just the active troops of Pakistan is more then 620,000 plus 515,000 reserves, heck even the paramilitary of Pakistan is more then 450,000 ! would you like it
you plead to Myanmar for a road to connect you with china, while Pakistan has an established border with china of nearly 350 km's ! from the khunjareb pass down to urdok mountain will you like it

why provoke bhai, you have your country & we wish you all the best, but please try to understand, Bangladeshis are not the only people with feelings & emotions ,Pakistanis also have them so why provoke ?

why provoke bhai, you have your country & we wish you all the best, but please try to understand, Bangladeshis are not the only people with feelings & emotions ,Pakistanis also have them so why provoke ?

I think you are over reacting bro, records are meant to be broken. Seems like a lot of Bangladeshi soldiers participated.

back-Syed-Zakir-Hossain-(7).jpg

Human-Flag-2.jpg

I think you are over reacting bro, records are meant to be broken. Seems like a lot of Bangladeshi soldiers participated.

back-Syed-Zakir-Hossain-(7).jpg

Human-Flag-2.jpg

@BDforever @Anubis Seems odd, the soldiers in the first row seem disheveled and not at all presented suitably for a parade. On the other hand almost every picture I have ever seen of a BD soldier, the soldier in question is exceptionally well groomed and kitted. What's with the sudden deviation?

@BDforever @Anubis Seems odd, the soldiers in the first row seem disheveled and not at all presented suitably for a parade. On the other hand almost every picture I have ever seen of a BD soldier, the soldier in question is exceptionally well groomed and kitted. What's with the sudden deviation?

Those who are in the first row are not soldiers/

They were just volunteers, doubt they came their as soldiers.

right, also someofthem got pot belly, I doubt their ability.

Don't go about judging them on their belly and what not. I was just surprised to see the deviation from the usual well preened get up of BD soldiers. I am sure they'll do what they are trained to if they are called to arms.

bro, this guy has been bringing provoking Pakistan in many posts out of the blue, when everybody knows that the powers that matter in both Bangladesh & Myanmar are the U.S,India & China if its awami league & Aung San Suu Kyi then its India & U.S & if BNP & Burmese junta then its U.S & China , north east India ( India & China) & bay of Bengal is a periphery where countries like the U.S, India & China compete for influence even a kid of geo-strategy known this ,but this guy is just @ the back of Pakistan

Most of the usernames with BD and bangali tag got lack of gray matter, but load of pride/

#He was damn BadA$$ - Salute to the Great General!!!!!

1471343_575067429237983_1100540796_n.jpg

Skulls of Pakistani soldier of Infantry regiment which were killed by Indian Forces in there Tanks due to bombing. Headquarters of Eastern Command at Fort William in Kolkata.

Thats a wrong caption and misleading photo. Kindly stop giving bad name to the Indian Army!!!

That photo is from Liberation War Museum in Dhaka, and they are allegedly the "remains of human skulls and bones retrieved from mass graves of civilians killed by Pakistani forces."

Most of the usernames with BD and bangali tag got lack of gray matter, but load of pride/

bro if I have offended any BD member, then i apologize
anyways
a very happy vijay diwas wish bd the best of progress & prosperity

:cheers:

Bangladesh sets largest human flag record

3152_mano.jpg

27,117 volunteers proudly hoist the largest ever national flag in the world draped in red and green

Bangladesh formed its largest human flag marking the occasion of Victory Day on Monday, taking the country to greater heights after independence in 1971.

A total of 27,117 civilian and military volunteers formed the red and green flag at National Parade Ground in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka.

This feat now awaits official acknowledgement of Guiness Book of World Records to break the previous Pakistani record set with 24,200 volunteers.

The volunteers held the flag proudly up for a staggering six minutes and sixteen seconds, according to an audit officer of Guiness at scene.

upload_2013-12-16_5-4-52.png

Photo: A screen shot from the rehearsal before making the Guinness World Record

Monday marked the 43rd Victory Day for Bangladesh, but the first after “justice for 1971” with war criminal Abdul Quader Molla executed.

This year, the traditional national Victory Day parade was postponed for security reasons in wake of the violence ahead of January 5 national elections.

In its place, Robi Axiata Limited, in partnership with Bangladesh Army, took up the initiative to achieve the feat for largest human flag of the world.

Dhaka Tribune is a media partner of the event.

Bangladesh sets largest human flag record | Dhaka Tribune

Back
Top Bottom