What's new

Why do India celebrate 'Vijay Diwas' on 16th December?

I never killed any hindus!:fie:...maybe one or two when I was drunk:drag::lazy2::bad:....but I never did it sober!

Actually Independence day is 26th March(Zia decleared Indiependence)!

Was it the day when Bangladeshi intellectuals were gunned down?

Sorry for my ignorance :-)

But war was fought in both east and west sector. We are not taking credit for bangladesh independence but for Indian military victory.

Thats fine.... Both are true ..

I can understand but when writing article people should be careful in choosing words. Its not about mere issues. Just go to TOI site and see how many Bangladeshis are deeply offended by that specific quote (India's victory over Pakistan in 1971). I was just reading a Bangla forum. I actually got this TOI article from that forum. Forumers are deeply offended by that specific quote and attacking you guys by using slang words like 'Saale' etc. Even if its true that its Indo-Pak war we Bangladeshis will always treat it as Bangla-Pak war due to deep emotions attached with the struggle. Even people call the war as Bangla 'Jihad' against aggressor Pakistanis.

১৯৭১ সালে নাকি ভারত পাকিস্তানের উপর জয়লাভ করে (পাতা ১) - সংবাদ বিশ্লেষন - দৈনন্দিন - প্রজন্ম ফোরাম

niazi-1.jpg

we will celebrate Vijay Divas for Bangla Liberation by our Army :victory1::victory1::enjoy:.

You are dead right! Its India's Victory...on the backdrop of Bengali Ghaddari to their motherland:coffee:

I can understand but when writing article people should be careful in choosing words. Its not about mere issues. Just go to TOI site and see how many Bangladeshis are deeply offended by that specific quote (India's victory over Pakistan in 1971). I was just reading a Bangla forum. I actually got this TOI article from that forum. Forumers are deeply offended by that specific quote and attacking you guys by using slang words like 'Saale' etc. Even if its true that its Indo-Pak war we Bangladeshis will always treat it as Bangla-Pak war due to deep emotions attached with the struggle. Even people call the war as Bangla 'Jihad' against aggressor Pakistanis.

১৯৭১ সালে নাকি ভারত পাকিস্তানের উপর জয়লাভ করে (পাতা ১) - সংবাদ বিশ্লেষন - দৈনন্দিন - প্রজন্ম ফোরাম
No one in India can help it if Bangladeshi's wish to believe that they were the lead in this war. They might be attached to it, but without India, there would have been no Bangladesh.

Fact on the ground was that it was Indian Army that won the day for Bangladeshi's. Had Indian Army not been there, Bangladeshi's would have been crushed.

You want Indians to stop celebrating victory day - the day our military defeated Pakistan Military - because Bangladeshi's are emotional about it?

You are welcome to celebrate it alongside us, with us, any which way you like. Its your victory day too.
Bangladeshi's have equal rights to celebrate it, but to presume that you exclude our role in that war or deliberately try to reduce it- thats not happening.

Last edited:
Actually to be true i was offended by your question as how the hell on earth you can question such question ? India played the most important role and you guys did help tremendously .

Now about Bangla's getting emotional must go and read more and if still they think we have not done enough to share this Victory day , then CRY more .

World knows who advocated for bangla people , it was Indra Ghandhi and her will , who saved many lives in BD. Without the help of RAW and Army , your entire movement would have taken decade if not forever to achieve the objective.

Please stop getting offended and go celebrate you "Bijoy DAY"

well you still dint reply how could you have reppelled thepakistani armies attack and the slaughter , massacre and rapes oh hundred of thousands bangladeshi hindus and muslims had india not given the open support and traing to your Mukti bahini and used indian armoured coulmns and air force & navy to defeat west pakistani army , navy and airforce after which they librated "east pakistan" which now you call bangladesh

ever wondered what might have happened to had tikka khan & other genrals got there way and india not interviend ....... dont be so ungreatfull & please be sane and have some guts in aknowledging others help other wise tommorow if anything like that happens no one will come to save you

well you still dint reply how could you have reppelled thepakistani armies attack and the slaughter , massacre and rapes oh hundred of thousands bangladeshi hindus and muslims had india not given the open support and traing to your Mukti bahini and used indian armoured coulmns and air force & navy to defeat west pakistani army , navy and airforce after which they librated "east pakistan" which now you call bangladesh

ever wondered what might have happened to had tikka khan & other genrals got there way and india not interviend ....... dont be so ungreatfull & please be sane and have some guts in aknowledging others help other wise tommorow if anything like that happens no one will come to save you
Even the arms used by Mukti Bahini were supplied by RAW. They had no arms factory.

Good lessons been taught by Indians to Rawami league activists like @IamBengali......keep it up Indians:laugh:

It is true that Bangladeshis fought hard and bravely. It is also true that they were also instrumental in the defeat of the Pakistanis. No one is taking credit away from the so many of your countrymen who fought with great courage against the West Pakistani forces but it is also true that India had a substantial part to play. History is often very subjective, what you see depends on where you sit.You see history from your perspective & we see it from ours. Nothing more.

Actually to be true i was offended by your question as how the hell on earth you can question such question ? India played the most important role and you guys did help tremendously .

Now about Bangla's getting emotional must go and read more and if still they think we have not done enough to share this Victory day , then CRY more .

World knows who advocated for bangla people , it was Indra Ghandhi and her will , who saved many lives in BD. Without the help of RAW and Army , your entire movement would have taken decade if not forever to achieve the objective.

Please stop getting offended and go celebrate you "Bijoy DAY"

Here in Bangladesh we say Bangladesh was in lead in this war. India helped us by giving shelter and training. India's role is not shortened down here but if anybody says its Indo-Pak war he will be bashed. As I said when it comes to sensitive issues like religion and national independence movement most people are emotional to core. Bangladesh only has two glorious events in history to be proud of. 1952 Language movement and 1971 war. Most people don't want to share these two events with anyone but if you say India helped Bangladesh to get independence then only Bangladeshis will share the joy with you but if you want to be in front seat then they will start to hate you. Jamaatis actually use this attitude of India to create hatred for India among Bangladeshis by saying "Look, India is our enemy. They even want to take away OUR credit for independence". These sons of Rajakars suddenly become pro-Independence force if they get any chance to create hostility among Indians and Bangladeshis.

Here in Bangladesh we say Bangladesh was in lead in this war. India helped us by giving shelter and training. India's role is not shortened down here but if anybody says its Indo-Pak war he will be bashed. As I said when it comes to sensitive issues like religion and National independence movement most people are emotional to core. Bangladesh only has two glorious events in history to be proud of. 1952 Language movement and 1971 war. Most people don't want to share these two events with anyone but if you say India helped Bangladesh to get independence then only Bangladeshis will share the joy with you but if you want to be in front seat then they will start to hate you. Jamaatis actually use this attitude of India to create hatred for India among Bangladeshis by saying "Look, India is our enemy. They even want to take away OUR credit for independence". These son of Rajakars suddenly become pro-Independence force if they get any chance to create hostality among Indian and Bangladeshis.
good so you are aknowledgeing that bangladeshies are ungreatfull to a nation that saved them from a certain geonocide and massacre of bengalies by west pakistani armies i guess looking at bangladeshies attitude towrds india and indian and there reluctance to share i guess indra did made a great mistake by helping mukti bahini and sending indian army , air force and navy to help you guys in 1971 it would have been realli ibnteresting what would have west pakistanies done to bengalies had india not interviend and stayed neutral + it also had given advantage of arm twisting pakistan every time they tried to do something fancy

Here in Bangladesh we say Bangladesh was in lead in this war. India helped us by giving shelter and training. India's role is not shortened down here but if anybody says its Indo-Pak war he will be bashed. As I said when it comes to sensitive issues like religion and National independence movement most people are emotional to core. Bangladesh only has two glorious events in history to be proud of. 1952 Language movement and 1971 war. Most people don't want to share these two events with anyone but if you say India helped Bangladesh to get independence then only Bangladeshis will share the joy with you but if you want to be in front seat then they will start to hate you. Jamaatis actually use this attitude of India to create hatred for India among Bangladeshis by saying "Look, India is our enemy. They even want to take away OUR credit for independence". These sons of Rajakars suddenly become pro-Independence force if they get any chance to create hostility among Indians and Bangladeshis.

First and foremost India not only gave you shelter and training but also participated in FULL BLOWN war on two fronts. Tell me how on earth you guys can even think that you could have made it without us. No doubt , bangla people gave supreme sacrifices and aided Indian army to make this victory happen and save millions from atrocity. What kind of arms and ammunition you had that you guys could have taken on Pak army head on ? No one in India is trying to take credit for your sacrifices , we are celebrating and honoring our soldiers and victory.

About Jamati , its their job to excite and promote violence and hatred. Fall to it you will be next PAKISTAN, in utter shame and shambles.

Back
Top Bottom