What's new

Why do India celebrate 'Vijay Diwas' on 16th December?

Hi. How come your location flag changed to bangladesh. :-)

Thought you were in the U.S. as i saw your location flag was before in the U.S. :-)

I am in Assam...hunting for Baniya yindoos...(Kidding)...I'm back home(not the best time to visit though)!

I am in Assam...hunting for Baniya yindoos...(Kidding)...I'm back home(not the best time to visit though)!

Being an Assamese myself I must say there are no Baniyas in Assam. Have nice time in home...

My point is not that.

The article says Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year to commemorate India's victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war that led to the creation of Bangladesh.

Don't you think it should be Bangladesh's victory over Pakistan?
can I flip the question and ask you why are you celebrating a military victory that was faught in air, land and sea by Indian armed forces on both eastern and western fronts. Does involvement of mukti vahini a good enough reason to claim its 'your victory'?
you should simply celebrate independence day.

Actually to be true i was offended by your question as how the hell on earth you can question such question ? India played the most important role and you guys did help tremendously .

Now about Bangla's getting emotional must go and read more and if still they think we have not done enough to share this Victory day , then CRY more .

World knows who advocated for bangla people , it was Indra Ghandhi and her will , who saved many lives in BD. Without the help of RAW and Army , your entire movement would have taken decade if not forever to achieve the objective.

Please stop getting offended and go celebrate you "Bijoy DAY"

they are only celebrating to satisfy their own egos, the rebels did most of the work and the army came just to bomb away at the few pockets of resistance....

they are only celebrating to satisfy their own egos, the rebels did most of the work and the army came just to bomb away at the few pockets of resistance....

Welcome to Delusional club of PDF !!! Good night

Please don't bother me by quoting again , I got to study tonight.

Please don't bother me again by quoting again , I got to study tonight.

dude last time I checked it was a public forum, to express public opinion you have no fucking authority to tell me who I quote or not, I am expressing my opinion regardless of what you think or do, if you have to study then study not like you doing it for me....:coffee:

if you got problem with the public expressing their opinion on a public forum then dont come and to think I was in the mood for a civilized discussion...

can I flip the question and ask you why are you celebrating a military victory that was faught in air, land and sea by Indian armed forces on both eastern and western fronts. Does involvement of mukti vahini a good enough reason to claim its 'your victory'?

We celebrate both days dada. Independence Day is 26th March but we achieved victory on 16th December. The official war between India and Pakistan held for 13 days but we fought for 9 months against Pakistani aggressors. We got killed, many of our sisters were raped, Mukti Bahini fought for 9 months against enemies without fearing death. Why should we not observe Victory Day? We actually observe this day with more festivities than our independence day, 26th march.

the Indian army could never have won had the muktis not revolted, thats fact, in reality no war would have occured had the rebellion not started, be grateful to the Bangladeshis for you ''victory'':crazy:

This your worth, without the instrumental Mukties you would have been oiled up and fucked just like you have always been:
5ngcopfh9

We celebrate both days dada. Independence Day is 26th March but we achieved victory on 16th December. The official war between India and Pakistan held for 13 days but we fought for 9 months against Pakistani aggressors. We got killed, many of our sisters were raped, Mukti Bahini fought for 9 months against enemies without fearing death. Why should we not observe Victory Day? We actually observe this day with more festivities than our independence day, 26th march.
if that is the case french and polish and rest of continental people (and jews) should celebrate ww2 victory. They lost the most men and women. They were ruined by hitler long before america joined the war.
It means british and america and russia have no right to celebrate?

For us the war started when pakistanis bombed our bases. That is when we entered the war and we think we were victorious (met our objective). The fact that you also won is not a problem to us, you can celebrate whenever you want.

the Indian army could never have won had the muktis not revolted, thats fact, in reality no war would have occured had the rebellion not started, be grateful to the Bangladeshis for you ''victory'':crazy:
so what were your guys doing in western front, where you had ammassed most of the assets. There were no mukti is west, right?

Obviously bd could not have been formed without muktis or without a crowd favourable to us.

No doubt this day symbolizes a great victory over adversity for Bangladeshis. No one, not even Pakistani establishment can belittle the oppression East Pakistan (now BD) had to go thru in that period.

More importantly it symbolizes the friendship between India and Bangladesh (which now has become a victim to politics, both in India and BD) irrespective of the vested interests of either side...

My point is not that.

The article says Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year to commemorate India's victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war that led to the creation of Bangladesh.

Don't you think it should be Bangladesh's victory over Pakistan?
War was not only fought inside BD, it was also fought on our western border. While victory inside BD was only question of when and how soon, western theater was entirely different. At last, India prevailed there too. BD was nowhere in the picture at west....

Back
Top Bottom